Monday, October 21, 2013

The Chapel Market


Just one word sums this show up...WOW!!!! I can't begin telling all of you, how much fun I had at the Chapel Market yesterday. Layla...the lady behind the wonderful blog "THE LETTERED COTTAGE"....out did herself on this one. She put together one awesome event and it was right here in my neck of the woods...lucky...lucky ME!!! I insisted on getting there two hours early, my friend that I went with thought I was crazy. Then, a hour later, she was thanking me. We were the third group of gals that arrived on the front porch. If you don't already know Marsha from the blog, Marsha's Creekside Creations...click here and congratulate her on being first in line. Yes ladies, she got there before the sun came up and I am glad she did, because we got to meet each other and chat for awhile. You know how the saying goes...the early bird gets the worm...well today it was sooooo true. As we were all chatting about why we came, and what we were hoping to purchase from these ladies inside, they started coming out to chat with the early birds!!! I had been e-mailing with a couple of them, so they knew that I would be there, and I am sure that they were not surprise to find this thrifty gal at the first of the line. Okay ladies, let's see who all I got to meet up with and what it looked like inside and outside of the chapel.
                                                 Blessings,
                                                    Linda

                          First out the door was Rhoda @Southern Hospitality.
                          I was so very happy to met Rhoda...the two of us have
                          been blogging for over four years now...so it was time
                          to finally meet up. Just a heads up...Rhoda's blog was
                          the first blog that I followed. Thank you Rhoda for inspiring
                          me. Then, out came MISS PERSONALITY...Kari Anne @
                          Thistlewood Farms...smiling ear to ear!!! Now, that was not
                          a surprise to all of us who follow her blog. It was so much
                          fun chatting with the two of these sweet and talented gals.
                      


                     Next out the door...any guesses who this is?

                              Yes...it was Marian...MISS MUSTARD SEED!!!
                              Marian and I started out blogging at the same time,
                              and I still get a laugh out of one of her early e-mails
                              to me. It read like this..."let's hit this big blog world
                              together Linda". Like I told her yesterday, Marian,
                                       you left me back at the starting gate:)
                               

              Oh yes...I am still treading water, and I'm okay with that. I am
              so happy that Marian has been very successful and has come so
              far in just four years. This success, is well deserved by this super
                                       sweet and talented gal.

                                Be sure to come by later this week to see
                                what I purchased from my blog friend...
                                       MISS MUSTARD SEED!!!!!
                                        

                         If you liked it, you better not think twice, because
                                   things were flying out the doors!

                     Mary from Urban Farmgirl...had a wonderful booth full
                                                 of goodies.   

                    The lady with the big idea...Layla!!! I am so glad that
                     this famous blogger and I live in the same state.

                                           Lot's of shopping!

                                        Lot's of book signing too!!!

                          I was surprise to see so many men there.

                           As you can tell, the two of us were happy
                           to meet up. Best of all, Heather @The Picket
                           Fence, and I, will see each other again this
                           Saturday in Atlanta at the Country Living Show.
                           Heather will be doing a demo at the show on
                           Saturday morning, sharing some DIY Christmas
                           trees. Looking forward to this one!




                Another sweet blog friend...Susan @Maple and Magnolia.
                Thank you Mary from Urban Farmgirl, for bringing Susan
                                              with you.

                               A BIG THANKS to Susan for helping
                               me find my size in this super cute tee.
                                  I wore it out to dinner last night:)

                                            Beautiful venue...don't
                                                   you agree?


                                     THE WATERS community is
                                        very charming indeed!!!



                                      I could see myself living here after
                                                  retirement.

It was a fun day Debbie...so glad
that I got you out of the bed EARLY!!!
 
**NOTE**...my party NIFTY
THRIFTY TUESDAY will start this
week on Tuesday morning...so please be
sure to come by and link up then.
 
Linking up here...
                                                       Tuesday's Treasures
                                                            Be Inspired
                                                       Open House Party
                                                   Treasure Hunt Thursday
                                                             Be Inspired
                                                   Feathered Nest Friday
                                                   Show and Tell Friday
                                                   Fabulously Creative Friday
                                                   Shabbilicious Friday
                                                   Inspiration Monday

Pin It

39 comments:

Donna said...

Linda,
This looks like so much fun! I know you and everyone else had a wonderful time. Glad you got to meet up with so many wonderful bloggers.
Hugs,
Donna

Pamela said...

Oh LInda it looks like you had so much fun meeting everybody! I wish I livd closer to join in on the fun! There are so many of us who started out at the same time and it fun to see where we all are today! Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

OMG! You met so many incredible bloggers! Sure wish I lived closer!

Have fun at the Country Living Fair!

Pam

Anita Diaz said...

That looks like so much fun!! Wow, so many that I recognize and also started blogging at the same time. Now I *really* the one who got left at the gate by everyone in my group, lol, but I'm ok with that too. You look fabulous and looks like everyone had a great time!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got me out of the bed early too!! Thank you for letting me tag along and meet all your friends!!

Peace,
Debbie

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Linda,
This was so fun to see all of you talented bloggers together! This had to be such a treat for you all!

Jemma

Anonymous said...

It is a gorgeous venue, and it looks like you had a lot of fun. So nice seeing lots of bloggers meeting up.
I love your outfit, I think you look especially fab in that first picture.

Stacey said...

You're so lucky to live there close to those events! That looks like so much fun and so much talent in one place. I'm jealous!

Debra said...

wow it all looked amazing, I am so glad it went well for all of you! :-) Makes me want to move to AL. :-) Thanks for sharing with all of us today! Have a blessed day!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a fun weekend Linda!! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

So much talent under one roof. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures with us!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What fun, so nice to meet so many fellow bloggers! Loved your pictures! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This just looks like plain out fun! And the best part...meeting everyone! So glad you could have such a great day, Linda!

must love junk said...

Linda, I'm so jealous! I would've loved to go and shop and meet all those fun bloggers (including you :)
Can't wait to see what you got! (You look so cute, too)
Susan

Paula@SweetPea said...

This looks like such a fun event! I know I would have had a blast shopping and meeting people had I attended. Yesterday on FB I kept seeing updates about the event and was really intrigued. I'm glad to read more about it on your post today. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

dmw212 said...

Great day! Loved your dress.... Do tell the details about it!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my what a fun event! You got to hang with so many wonderful bloggers!
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

What a fun time you all look like your having - LOVE your dress!!!
XOXO

afistfullofweeds* said...

Hey Linda, you were gone when I got there, sorry I missed you.. I did see Marian and Shaunna and spoke to them.I Bought a few things, Some chunky soap from Marian and Old Horse show ribbons and a sign, from Urban Farmgirl. Maybe I will see you in Atlanta! Take care, Rhonda

Deb Hrabik said...

What a fun tour, Linda. Thanks so much for sharing all of the pictures! What a charming event,
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Unknown said...

I love your cute little dress! Looks like fun!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh.....I so wanted to go....Rhoda even reminded me about it....but we were/are in the middle of a show and couldn't do it...I'm about dying as I live in Alabama.....but SO GLAD that you got to go and you looked fabulous, too!!!


love/hugs/blessings,
Lana
www.lanaseuropeanvintage.com

Doreen @ Hymns and Verses said...

I'm pea green with envy! What a fun day - thanks for sharing it with us!

Blessings,
Doreen

Debra@CommonGround said...

love seeing all the personal pics of everyone, looks like so much fun!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Linda, so glad we finally got to meet up too, great to see you in person. What a fun time that was! I loved every minute of it too.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

I want to come play with you gals!!! Looks like a FUNtastic group of familiar faces. All of you look so pretty and stylish too!!

♥Linsey

Christy James said...

I loved seeing all of your pictures! Thanks SO much for sharing!
XO, Christy

Robin said...

Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. It's looks as wonderful as I imagined it would. Oh how I wish I could have been there! Glad you had a great time :) Robin

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing your time with all of us who couldn't be there. Love your outfit!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

You can just tell you guys must have had SO MUCH FUN!!! Those of us who couldn't make it just had to live vicariously through all the pictures. And I've love seeing all of them! Love your outfit as well! :)

elizabeth said...

Can I just say your outfit is adorable and you look great! What a fun weekend it must have been and what a blessing to meet so many amazing bloggers...and to buy some goodies, too!

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

I agree, it was an amazing event! Thanks for getting me in a couple of your photos! ;) We just moved here from CA and I am over the moon excited to see such AWESOME events here in AL! I'm sure we will see each other again Linda! :)

Pres. Eleni said...

Oh my Gosh, what a fun fun fun time it looks like! Thank you for sharing it, wanted to tell you I LOVE the dress you wore, cute, cute, cute, so pretty!


Thanks for sharing the day, FieldsofBasil.blogspot.com,
Eleni

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow! What a fun event with so many familiar bloggers. How did you ever find time to shop? Oh yes, that venue is perfect and the town is so cute.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Sounds like you had a grand time Linda! And what a gorgeous location!

Finding Home said...

It was so great to meet you and you definitely win for the best outfit - too cute!

Maelchen said...

Thanks Linda for sharing these beautiful images and your adventure! And thank you very much also for your fun linking party! I appreciate so much to see what other bloggers work on...
Happy week!
Manu

Erin said...

How Awesome Linda!!!! So many of my favorite gals in one spot, and some truly lovely ladies for certain! Sounds like a great time and I am super glad you went:) BTW, don't sell yourself short, you have always been a gem in my book<3

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, Looks like you had lots of fun and I am anxious to see what goodies you bought! I appreciate you sharing at the Open House party.
xx,
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails