Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Foyer Makeover...Planking...Board and Batten

Welcome to Coastal Charm and our new room!!!
We have lived in our home for nineteen years and we have re-done every room at least once, some a few times, but our foyer was never touch, until now. For years, I loved it the way it was, but two years ago I got the itch to give it a makeover. Mr.CC was not on board with the idea of removing the wallpaper in there, he LOVED IT! I loved it too, but I was ready for a change. Everything is getting a lot whiter and brighter around here, so it was time for the foyer to get her makeover. I knew I wanted board and batten in there, then I decided to not scrap the popcorn ceiling, instead I was going to plank the ceiling. Now, since we have finished the room, we can't believe that we didn't do this sooner...we LOVE IT!                                   
                                                               Blessings,
                                                                  Linda

                                                         This is a before pic.

                                            Planked ceiling, and board and batten,
                                                all in one room, oh how I love it!


                                            This beautiful old window, that I found
                                             while out pickin' back in May, found
                                                   it's home, here in the new foyer.


                                      The plank ceiling was so very easy to install.
                                      I will do another post, with a tutorial on that.


                                          She also found her permanent home here.
                                          Did I ever tell y'all, how much I paid for
                                                                   this beauty?

                                                             Are you ready?

                                            I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked
                                              at the price tag...$65.00!!! I had been
                                              searching for this exact dress form for
                                              years, but I never found one under $250.
                                              Mr. CC said I was smiling ear to ear, I
                                                      might even had a tear or two.
   
 
                                             I am keeping things simple in here.


We also, opened up this doorway to the
dining room.

                                                   All the molding was removed.
                                                   and new wider molding was
                                                                   installed.



Thanks for coming by to see what
we have done. Up next, I will share
a tutorial, on how we installed the
board and batten.
 
Pin It

                       I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm!!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 
Linking up here...
Vintage Inspiration
Fall Into Fall
Thrifty and Vintage Finds
Share Your Style
Work It Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Brag Worthy Thursday
Think and Make Thursday
Inspiration Monday
Amaze Me Monday
MET Monday

23 comments:

Stacey said...

Way to go, Linda! I would love to do something similar to our entry because it's so dark. The white paint on your new woodwork makes everything so bright and welcoming.

Robin Johnson said...

Gorgeous! I love the ceiling and the light fixture, the two are a perfect combo. the whole space looks amazing!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Linda I LOVE everything about this beautiful space!! Oh that ceiling!!!!

Vel Criste said...

It's perfect! Love the styling and the board and batten walls!

mamasmercantile said...

Simply beautiful, you are certainly blessed with a beautiful home.

Unknown said...

Looks great!! Now, will you come help me finish my house!

Peace,
Debbie@FlowerChildDesigns

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Looks amazing!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Linda,
You have been a busy bee! I love the walls and ceiling and your foyer looks lovely. I would have grabbed that mannequin up in a heartbeat. Great price!

hugs
Sissie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What an amazing difference, it looks so much brighter now. Love your idea of planking the ceiling, it really has that "wow" factor. What a deal on your gorgeous dress form, I've never seen one like that for such a good price. Thanks, Linda, for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party. Looking forward to seeing how you pulled off your ceiling transformation.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Linda what a great difference. How much more open and bright your foyer is. Love the planked ceiling too.
Awesome job.
Kris

Judy Pimperl said...

Linda, it's great! I saw the facebook post online today when I was in line at Chick-fil-a, but didn't have time to read the full post until now. You and Mr.CC did a great job on everything, and it's so very "Coastal Charm" charming.
Judy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH, this is so pretty, Linda...you two did a beautiful job re-doing the space!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Where do you find the time and energy to do all your projects? This is gorgeous. Can't wait to see how you did the ceiling!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Linda your foyer is beautiful and I love your dress form.

Lorraine said...

Looks beautiful!

Mary K. said...

Linda, it looks really great. The difference is like day and night. The board and batten really opens up the room. And the dress form is gorgeous. Lucky you to have found it at such a great price.

Carol @ The Red Painted Cottage said...

I love your board and batten! We're getting ready to start on ours in our entry and part of our bedroom, hopefully before the snow flies.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love what you've done! It looks so nice and bright. What a beautiful entrance into your home!

Pam

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

Your foyer looks so fresh and bright now. The lovely board and batten with the plank ceiling adds some great architectural interest too.

Robin said...

It looks so good Linda! Now I think we need to go back and add that top piece on the board and batten walls we did :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Turned out great! I have been wanting to do something similar in several rooms around here.

Pamela said...

Linda it turned out amazing!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this! Just perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails