Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Fell In Love With...

The quaint little town of Franklin, TN. this week! I just love small little towns that are loaded with awesome antique shops and gift shops... this one made it right to the top of my favorite list. Mr.CC knew he was in for a loooong day when we arrived here and he was sooooo right...I spent hours shopping...thank goodness that he likes shopping in the antique shops. I was lucky that the Christmas sales were still going on and I was able to take advantage of them. Here are a few pics of this charming town...hope you enjoy!
                             Hope to see y'all at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY
                             this week...I have a special tree to share with all of y'all...see ya
                                                                 at the PARTY! 
                                                                       Linda 

                                                        What a CUTE window display!!!
                            I always loved doing window displays when I was a working gal!
                           As I was window shopping late on Sunday afternoon I spotted
                             a pretty 2 foot grapevine ANGEL and I knew that I would
                             be back first thing Monday morning to buy it for my mom's
                                      birthday and I did just that...she had her 83th
                                      birthday on Tuesday...I was pretty sure that
                                               she would love it and she did!
                                      

                                           I was disappointed that this shop was taking inventory
                                                            and was CLOSED:(
                                     One of my favorites...THE IRON GATE...I purchased
                                            a great smelling candle here...I'm a little of a
                                                                   candle snob!
                                           
                                            Handmade SOAP shop...cute cute display!

                                                Some pics from late Sunday afternoon!



                                                                 

29 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Evening Linda Sweetie...
Oh what a wonderful share. I love shopping in these small towns. This one is a keeper. I love the store fronts most of all. I am right there shopping with you.

I was hoping you would have shared a photo of the angel grapevine that you bought for your Momma. Please post a photo I would so love to see her. I know she was gorgeous. They usually are. Her own guardian angel to watch over her. Happy 83rd birthday as well.

Now I love hearing someone else say they are a candle snob. Because I am proud to say So am I. Some are just so cheap they burn in an instant. I want mine to last, and I want to smell them when I walk into the room. Yes I too, am a Candle Snob. I love it.

A beautiful tour and that bathtub was delightful in the store window. It really looked like bubbles. I bet they had some wonderful handmade soaps in there as well.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing with me tonight. I loved the tour of this delightful little town.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So quaint! Really like the hanging snowballs in the window display! Aren't small town shops the best! Thanks for sharing Linda.
Cindy

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I love shopping in quaint villages and downtown areas. I would also love to visit Franklin TN some day. I hear its just lovely. Thanks for taking me there today!

Donnie said...

What a lovely place to visit and a Happy birthday to your mother. I loved window shopping with you. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lorri said...

I love that town. Such a great place!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I also love cute towns and wonderful little shops! How wonderful the grapevine angel sounds!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, that is my favorite town to go shop in, too. I usually try to go when we go to my son's in Nashville. I would love to live in Franklin.

Gypsea Nurse said...

I have been there and loved it as well.. my parents used to have a house in Franklin North Carolina.. not as pretty as the TN but cute.....
Smiles~
Cat

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I would love to visit that town. I know we've driven through it but never got to stop. Looks like you stepped back in time. Love that.

Michelle said...

One of my good friends lives there and loves it. My husband actually interviewed for a job there last year and we thought it would have been a great place to live. Love your photos!!!

Sarah said...

I have a friend who recently moved to Franklin. It looks like a charming community. Loved seeing the photos. ~ Sarah

Sue said...

We stayed in Franklin twice last year on our way home from Florida...I loved it too! I didn't get nearly enough shopping time, but I still found things to bring home!

raggygirlvintage said...

I was just reading an article about Franklin as an antiquing destination in an old magazine today, then saw your post. It looks so charming, have to add it to the bucket list!!
Tracey

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I love little towns like this one where they have made the downtown into a little shopping heaven. Looks like so much fun. Are we going to get to see the angel you got for your Mom??

hugs
Sissie

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Linda, how pretty all the windows are. I think there are a lot of shops that can take lessons from these. A good window can draw you right in. I love the snowballs, they would be a nice craft tutorial. Thank you for taking us on a sweet tour, tami

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks like a wonderful place to visit and shop!

Suzanne said...

I've been in Franklin before (my son and his family live very close), but never to the downtown area! Must put this on my list to see next time I'm there!

Diann said...

Hi Linda!
Oh, this looks like such a fun place to spend a day! I love little old towns like this!

::Preppy Principal:: said...

I visited Franklin, TN two years ago and I too fell in LOVE with the town. Thanks for sharing...

WhiteWhispers2u said...

What a darling lil town and that shop to cute!Makes shopping so much more fun and the window displays are awesome.~Cheers Kim

Anonymous said...

There are sooo many cute small towns and antiquey, touristy towns in IL. I may have to take my camera and just window shop next summer.
Not far from me in WI are some of those tourist traps too, the prices are too high but the displays are wonderful.
Of course that makes it all the more special when one finds a treasure at just the right price.

Anonymous said...

Oooo OOoo Linda, guess what?! I've been there. I love Franklin! It's a little slice of antique Heaven. How fun that you got to shop! Thanks for sharing your photos. That's the best part of blogging :) Jeff's folks retired and moved to Camden, TN. My MIL and I have a ball visiting all the antique shops there. Happy Birthday to your sweet mom!

See you NTT! xo

BJJ said...

Franklin is such an AWESOME town! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit - I enjoyed your photography! Thanks for sharing!
Happy B-day to your Mom! :)

pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

Grace said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! What a beautiful town! Thank you so much for sharing it. Grace xxoxo

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What a great looking town! It looks like the perfect place to shop.

Kelly said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for taking us on a little trip with you.

Kelly

Completely Coastal said...

I wish I had know about Franklin when visiting Nashville (over ten years ago though!).

Erin said...

I've read about and have seen programs about Franklin, it is on our visit list, so thanks for showing some cool stuff!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Ahhh! Franklin! I love that town. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could. I am past due for a visit. Loved The Iron Gate, and could have done some serious damage to my bank account if I had stayed in there very long. Last time I went, walked and shopped for hours and lunch at Merriedee's, next day went to lots of antique shops and lunch at Dumplin's - a great 2 days.
Thanks for sharing your trip there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails