Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pickin' Coastal Style...Seaside, Florida

While going out pickin', is there a better place to go than the beach? I can only think of one better place and that would be a wonderful midwest farm. A pickin' trip in the midwest area is on my bucket list..oh I sure hope it comes soon, while I'm still just a wee bit young (ha ha). This trip was all about COASTAL CHARM, so Mr.CC and I headed over to Seaside for their community yard sale. This was our first time to attend this large sale and I can say, we will be coming back again. We got there fairly early and it really paid off at one spot, I loaded up with just about every vintage item that she had. This lady was giving me wonderful deals on her stuff and she had some really "cool" items...oh happy day! When Mr.CC found me there (after parking the car) and saw my pile of goodies, that look on his face was PRICELESS!! Honey...did you forget that we didn't bring the trailer? Oh sweetie, I know you can work some magic and get all of this in my (small) SUV. Just let me say, this man is one awesome packer when it comes to making all my junk treasures fit in my car...a real keeper! Today, I'm sharing some pics of the sale and the town of Seaside, come on back on Monday to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY PARTY, where I will share with ya some of my goodies.
                                   Thanks for coming and I
                                  hope to see ya at the party,
                                               Linda
                                            Paradise!
                        We have been having a wonderful mild
                       winter this year, but not today, cold and
                                            WINDY!!!!

                            Charming little town of Seaside, Florida.
                    Throw on your coat...scarf and boots and
                                    get to shopping!
                      There was a little bit of everything there.
                     The local shops had merchandise at deep
                                       discounted prices.
                              These Airstream trailers add a touch
                                    of VINTAGE CHARM!
                                   Cute little cabinet...no...I
                                       didn't buy this one.

                               
                       You could find antiques at one table and
                        next one would have new ladies clothing.
                                     Seaside neighborhood.
                          There small school is so darn cute...love
                            the stained glass windows at the top.

28 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow, now that's a sale that would make my heart pound. Thanks for sharing Seaside with us. Can't wait to see your treasures!

Donna said...

Linda,
I love Seaside ... we vacationed there last summer and it is so delightful! I know the sale had to be fabulous. I can't wait to see what you purchased.
Hugs,
Donna

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh what a charming sweet little town! thanks so much for taking us there!

That shopping looks to-die-for with treasures galore!!!

Judy said...

I love Seaside! Wish I lived a little closer, I would have joined you at that awesome "garage" sale, can't wait to see what you found.

It's so windy and cold here this weekend, we're heading to Savannah and Tybee Island next week, hope it warms up!

Judy

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I've seen lots of people there before, but never THAT many, HOLY COW!!!!! It was very COLD and WIIINNNDDDYYYY!!!! today too! Wish I would have known about it, maybe I could have pulled myself outta bed early and gone before going to Mardi Gras all day long at St ANdrews.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Junkin at the beach! OK that is about the best day I can think of! Can't wait to see what you found. hugs, Linda

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, Sounds like a good trip. I am glad you found some good things for your shop. xo, Sherry

Unknown said...

What a lovely place! That white sand beach looks heavenly :) xo K

Pamela said...

I have not been to Seaside yet. I need to stop and visit the next time we are that way. It looks so beautiful!

Sand and Shells said...

I've been to Seaside a few years ago... what a charming little town, love all the pretty houses and the beautiful white beaches! Can't wait to see what you found ;-)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Haha! I could just imagine his face, Linda! My hubby is a great packer, too. When we were moving the carrier we had on top of our Explorer was packed perfectly. I told him he'd never fit all the stuff we were bringing in our car, but he did!

Anne said...

FABULOUS!
Just found your lovely blog...and am your newest follower!
Best,
Anne
www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com

Tina said...

What a pretty little town and oh what fun I would have shopping!
Can't wait to see what you bought.

Babs said...

Thanks for sharing photos of Seaside. I can't wait to see what you found. Wish I lived closer to your shop. Happy Sunday,
Babs

Karena said...

Linda Seaside looks like my kind of place! Wait, where are the photos of your wonderful finds?! Next post I hope!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

debbie refresh restyle said...

Linda, you have the most fun! I would love to go to Seaside and a huge yard sale on the same day! Can't wait to see what you got!
Have a great weekend!
Debbie

Bliss said...

I can smell the air and hear the water.

~Bliss~

Unknown said...

What a beautiful view, Linda! And outdoor shopping in February? Awesome.

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

What lovely photos. Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see the "goodies" you bought!

Low Tide High Style said...

What a gorgeous place to go in search of treasures! I can't wait to see the vintage goodies you bought!

Kat :)

JC said...

GFC follower
tcarolinep at gmail dot com

JC said...

FB liker
Jessie c.

JC said...

Posted on my FB wall.https://www.facebook.com/tcarolinep/posts/191542630946823
1

JC said...

Posted on my FB wall.https://www.facebook.com/tcarolinep/posts/191542630946823
2

JC said...

blogged.http://tcarolinep.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/giveawaycoastal-charm/

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a beautiful little town. Too bad you couldn't pick up that gorgeous beach and bring it home. Looks like it was such a nice day for pickin'. Looking forward to seeing what you brought back.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am a Florida girl relocated to N.C. I soo love Seaside. Love this quaint seaside town from the shops to the architecture...So envious of you being there!..Glad you had a wonderful and productive day! It sure looked beautiful in spite of the cool weather..

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Lovely pics of sea and sky. Thank you for sharing. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts with Thumbnails