Monday, February 20, 2012

Worth Pinning

Mardi Gras is in full swing here on the Alabama gulf coast and you all know that here in the South, we always celebrate with FOOD!!! I promised you all in my last post, that I would share my jambalya recipe, so today, I will do just that. I also want to share another recipe too, it's Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread. This bread was so easy to make and everyone loved it, including me. Just let me say, this bread was all gone within a few minutes, so fast that I didn't even have a chance to get a pic of how it looked when it came out of the oven...sorry y'all!! If you are having fun on Pinterest, you just might want to pin this delicious bread...I've added it to one of my boards. Speaking of my Pinterest, you can follow me HERE, to keep up with all my favorites.
                                     Thanks for coming by,
                                                Linda

                           I found these at our local
                      Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.

                            Right before they went into the oven.

Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
1 bag of frozen yeast rolls (I used Rhodes White Dinner Rolls/36 count...I only used 24)
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

 In a small bowl, combine melted butter, parsley flakes, and minced garlic.Tear off small pieces of dough (roughly the size of the bowl of a medium spoon), coat in the butter mixture, and place in the bottom of a bundt pan. Repeat this process until you have one layer of dough balls. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Continue layering the dough balls and cheese until you have 3 layers. Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bread is golden brown. Serve hot with a side of marinara or tomato sauce. Yields 1 loaf.

                              NOTE...you can use shrimp instead
                                             of chicken.
Ooooh-yaaaa!!!!!
Jambalya
2 pounds link sausage
1 whole chicken
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
3 bay leaves
1 lb. can tomato sauce
1 can rotel tomatoes
 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cajun seasoning
4-5 drops tobacco sauce
1- 1 lb. bag of rice
Boil chicken, debone, saving the broth. Cut up sausage and fry with chopped celery, bell pepper and onions. Add tomato sauce, rotel tomatoes and seasonings. Add chicken and approx. 3 cups chicken broth. Cook for 1/2 hour. Add uncooked rice and cook for another 1/2 hour (add additional broth if needed).
TIP: When storing leftovers, add extra broth to keep from drying out.

Pin It

Linking up here...
MET Monday
Motivate Me Monday
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Sunday's Best
Anything Goes

15 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

YUM!

ALl sounds good- but how much butter for the bread? I see it in directions, but not on the master list of ingredients.

Going to have to try that, seems fun...though I think I gave my bundt pan to my daughter. Hrm.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I love knew recipes and these look great! thanks for sharing~Cheers Kim

Donna said...

Yummy!! These dishes look and sound so delicious! I am going to give them a try!
Hugs,
Donna

Kaybe said...

You better be cooking that to Zydeco music. Looks yummy. I didn't realize Mardi Gras was so big in Alabama till my brother moved to Mobile.

Herballistic Garden said...

That reminds me of monkey bread only I know I'll love this one better cuz I'm more of a garlic girl than a sweets girl...Can't wait to try it! Thanks, wendy xo

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks so much for sharing these recipes...both look delicious and I can't wait to try them. Even up here in Maine, Jambalaya is a treat!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - yum! What fabulous recipes! And the bread - who doesn't love bread of any sort?! I'll have to try both of them. Linda

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Linda, I keep these frozen rolls in my freezer at all times! I use them to make http://cottageatthecrossroads.com/pioneer-womans-buttered-rosemary-rolls/
but I'm going to try your recipe. It looks delicious along with that jambalaya!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Thank you so much for sharing these recipes! I love jambalaya but have never tried to make it. This sounds easy enough. Can't wait to try it!

Pam Kessler said...

I have never in my life ever made jambalaya, but I think I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.

raggygirlvintage said...

You're making me hungry Linda!! That cheesy garlic bread, I bet I could eat the whole loaf! I haven't tried jambalaya before, thanks for the recipe.
Tracey

Jane said...

Timing is everything! I was just looking for a jamabalaya recipe for tonight's dinner. Yours sounds yummy! I tried an "Emeril" recipe, once. It took forever, cost a fortune, and then wasn't terribly good. The next time I made Jam., I used Zatarains' Jambalaya mix... our guests ate 2-3 servings, each!

Those rolls sound delicious!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Oh YUM! That all looks so good! We are big lovers of Cajun cuisine here, too :)

Sue said...

I just finished dinner and you still made me hungry. I think both recipes sound delicious!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, it really sounds so good. I made a Gumbo for the first time for MG, an Emerial Recipe. I always like trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails