Friday, February 3, 2012

A French Day

Last weekend I spent Saturday in a french city...any guesses where I was? If your guess was New Orleans, then you are so right. My birthday was Monday, so we decided to spend a family day in the BIG EASY...we called it my birthday weekend and that was okay with me. Since my MIL was from New Orleans and Mr.CC spent a ton of his childhood in this city, we like to make the short drive over for a day of shopping and dining and while we are there, we always like to make a visit to the cemetery where his parents are buried. Speaking of our cemetery visit, I will be taking you on a tour later this week of the unique and historic New Orleans Lake Lawn cemetery, so be sure to come back and take this tour with me. Today, I will be sharing some pics of our FRENCH DAY, hope you enjoy it. I have a new way that you can follow me...check my sidebar for LINKY FOLLOWERS.
                                  Happy that you came by,
                                               Linda

                    New Orleans is all about JAZZ...FOOD and
                           just a tad bit of drinking (ha ha)!!!
                         Had a wonderful lunch here at PARASOL'S,
                         it's located right off Magazine Street...yummy
                         roast beef po-boys!!! My BIL has been telling
                         us about this place for years and we have just
                         now made it there...thanks John...it was sooo
                                                  GOOD!!!!
                             Row houses everywhere you look.
                               Just look at all those corbels!
                              Reach out and shake your
                                      neighbors hand.
                                      Charming details.
                                    So NEW ORLEANS!
                                           
                                   Fun colors!
Love the old iron fencing!
                  Magazine Street in New Orleans is six miles of
                  some wonderful shopping and dining...click here
                  to check out their website for more detail info.       
                         Yes...that's me with my curbside treasure!!!
                            A charming window screen from a row
                                  house right off Magazine Street.
                         Congrats to all of you who guessed it right
                             at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party!
               Also right off Magazine Street is Mr.CC's grandparents
                  home...oh I would love to have a porch like this one.
                           I also would LOVE those old shutters!

            It's nice to know that this iron fence is still up...we
             have some great family pictures from the 30's with
                                 it in the background.
                         Then just around the corner is the church
                          where my in-law's got married in 1946.
Linking up here...
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Party
Show and Tell Friday

Pin It

43 comments:

Sherri said...

Linda, glad you had a wonderful birthday!! New Orleans is a beautiful city!

Sue said...

How fun to go back to see your grandparent's old home! Glad you had a good time. This northern girl has never been to the Big Easy.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

SO awesome!!!

Happy belated birthday, too!

Many healthy returns as well.

Unknown said...

Hey! I got it right! I have never been but if I do I will email you first and ask you where to go to find treasures on the side of the road!!! XO Cindy

Cassie Bustamante said...

so fun! you were i my old neck of the woods! chris and i lived in LA for 5 years, and we spent 1 year at 2512 Magazine St.... i still miss the sushi place that was a walk away and bella donna where i got my nails done...

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello Linda! I have enjoyed stopping by and seeing all of the beautiful New Orleans photos. Happy belated Birthday wishes! Nice curbside treasure ~ I imagine you have some great plans for it :)

Kindly, Lorraine

Honey at 2805 said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thank you for sharing your trip at Potpourri Friday!

chateau chic said...

What a great way to spend your birthday. Yummy pictures!!
Mary Alice

afistfullofweeds* said...

Hey,..The last time I was in New Orleans,was a mistake,on my way back home from my trip to Houston!! I never changed back to Interstate 10 from I-12, which by-passes New Orleans. I found a screen recently too, but mine was not free! Rhonda

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

We visited New Orleans a couple of years ago and loved our time there! So wonderful that your husband's grandparents' home is still there!

Connie said...

Last time I was in New Orleans was . . . oh, only in a dreams. I love all the architecture and anything French . . . I’m not sure why that is, but if it’s French it seems more romantic and I am a romantic at heart. Happy Birthday. Your new follower, Connie

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a wonderful place to spend your birthday! And, the great screen will be a terrific reminder of your day. ~ Maureen

Becky said...

Loved your post!!! New Orleans is one of my very places to visit!! :)

Diann said...

That looks like it was such a fun trip Linda! I have never been to New Orleans. I have been all around it but, never got a chance to get into the city. Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love New Orleans! I lived there for a few years in the 70's....awesome! I was last there a couple of years ago. Time for another trip I think!

Bliss said...

Tell us more about the food and drink you had! And what are your plans for the screen? And, I'm patting myself on the back, I guessed New Orleans. And what #birthday is this?

~Bliss~ (ok you don't have to tell what # birthday this is!)

Amy Kinser said...

What a fun birthday! Great pictures and great find with that window.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Linda,

Happy belated Birthday to you!!
I am a new follower of yours and wanted to say hello!
I am enjoying your blog very much! I have never visited New Orleans but I am hoping to one day.
I notice you live in Savannah GA. I live in Woodstock, Ga. My husband and I plan to move to Savannah by this summer.
I also have an antiques booth up here in Roswell and having a lot of fun doing it!!

I will come by and visit you again soon!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan
xxoo

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Linda,

Sorry I'm seeing things...thought I read Savannah somewhere..oh well
getting old!! Lol
My Booth is at the Canton Street Antique Mall in Roswell, GA. If you can come I will treat you to lunch...ok? :)
If you visit before July I will still be there God willing, as we will be moving sometime in June.

So happy you came to visit my humble little Blog!!

Enjoy your Friday!!

Hugs,

Susan

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday. It looks like you had a fun time. I enjoyed the pics. When you wrote 'just look at all those corbels' I was thinking, I would if I knew what they were, lol. I haven't heard them called that before, I had to look it up!

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Wow! Loved your pics, thanks for sharing. Also thank you for stopping by at BeezRentalDesigns.
You spend your trips as I do, admiring the local architecture and looking for great food and shopping especially thrift/antique stores. : )

Gail said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Thanks for taking us along with you on your birthday weekend. Beautiful pictures. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

Debra@CommonGround said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday!! I've been to NO only twice, but love being there! The homes are always a favorite. Thanks for linking up, Linda!! xoxo

c. Joy said...

Happy Birthday! I've added this post to my "TRAVEL" folder. We were in New Orleans last summer and hope to go again -soon. Thanks for the Magazine Street tour.

Katalina Jewelry said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time in New Orleans! Happy Birthday!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Great pics. I love visiting the French Quarter.

At The Picket Fence said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Sounds like such a fun way to spend it and you scored with the window screen. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Donna said...

Linda,
Love all the pics of New Orleans. I have never visited there.
I can't wait to see what you do with the screen.
Happy Birthday to you! (mine is tomorrow ... the 4th).
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Its So Very Cheri said...

Linda,

Beautiful photos. I love all the charm. I came over to follow you on the new linky follower tool and would love to have you come follow me at Its So Very Cheri on the new Linky Follower Tool.

Cheri

Nancy's Notes said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Belated birthday, Cheri! I think you had the best one, one could have! Love the family home and photgraphs, so very interesting! Thank you so much for sharing your time with us in the New Orleans!

minerva @ park city real estate said...

And now I remember the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button! :D I love New Orleans, it's a very beautiful place and yes, those row houses are freakin' awesome! :D

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Linda, I'm now following you on the new linky tool and have just added it to my blog as well. Would appreciate the follow-back if you get a chance!
Hugs,
Kim

Jane said...

Happy belated birthday!

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday...New Orleans! It's one of my favorite places to go...and it's now been 10 years since I was last there. We really need to return!

Love your curbside find!!!
Hugs,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. Loved your pictures of New Orleans. My husband and I visited about, oh, I'd say 25 years ago. We were practically babies, two years into our marriage. We have great memories of a beautiful place, not to mention the delicious food too.
Love your page. Looking forward to visiting. Following on Linky and hope you'll follow too.
Much love!

Pamela said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Happy belated Birthday!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linda! Looks like you had an amazing time...so many pretties to see! Following you on Linky...thanks for the idea!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous way to spend your day! Love the charm and historic sights of New Orleans! Don't you wish you had inherited your hub's grandparent's house? It's so pretty!

Candy said...

Thanks for the pictures.....love old homes and old buildings in general. I just ran across your blog while in here surfing. I'll have to come back. im brand new to blogland and lovin' it. COME VIST ME.

Alison Agnew said...

just a little bit jealous

hubs and i have long said
we would like to spend some time
getting away to New Orleans

looks like you had fun

now following via LF
and hope you will return the favor!

alison

Anonymous said...

Linda, this sounds like so much fun! How wonderful! I just followed on Linky Follower. Would you mind following me on mine? Thanks! Betsy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a wonderful place to spend the day. So many memories and so many beautiful buildings. It's so nice that your husband's grandparents home is still there, fence and all. Love that little doggy in the front:-)
Happy belated birthday to you.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Now that's a great way to spend your birthday Linda!! My mom is going to New Orleans in April, this will be her second time back and she can't wait!

Lynn said...

My husband has worked in New Orleans for 5 years. He stays in a house in Metairie furnished by the owners of the company. I said all of that to say this: I go with him often and have been blown away by two things:
1 - What they throw away
2 - And how much they take the architecture for granted

Related Posts with Thumbnails