Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sliding Barn Doors

 
 Hey y'all...this gal is so happy that her sweet hubs has agreed to build us a "sliding barn door" for our home.
Yes...you heard that correct, I'm getting one of these awesome doors at Coastal Charm!!!! I have been admiring these charming doors for a long time, but I never thought that we had the perfect place for one in our home. A new front door will be installed soon, so this brings a little privacy issue here. This got me searching for some ideas to add some privacy for our family room from the street. I had come up with several good ideas, but when the idea of a sliding barn door popped into my head, I knew right away, that it was the perfect solution for this project. I have a feeling that my door will look a lot like the one in the first photo. I am not sure when this will happen, but I can't wait to add some more "farmhouse charm" to our home. You can find all of these doors on my Pinterest board, so come on over and follow along with me there and see what all I am pinning.
                                                                   Blessings,
                                                                       Linda
               

                                                                    source

                                                                      source

                                                                      source

                                                                    source

                                                                  source
My weekly SHOW and SHARE PARTY is still going on...I would love to have you
come join in on all the fun...just click here and you can party with us!

Pin ItI'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm...so come on over and join me there!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 
Linking up here...
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Vintage Inspiration
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Swing Into Spring
Be Inspired
Share Your Style
Share Your Cup Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Amaze Me Monday
Inspiration Monday
The Scoop

21 comments:

primrosesattic said...

Love the sliding barn door. It looks fab.
Rosezeeta.

rush said...

I'm not in love with barn door closures. I think they require much more energy to open and close than a regular door. I'm more concerned with practicality than their appearance, I guess. There are plenty of ways to make regular doors look important, like with paint and choosing ones with pleasing details. We don't keep many doors closed in our house, so leaving barn doors open would be like putting fake shutters on the house. It won't be happening.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you, getting your dream barn door. :)

Can't wait to see the whole progress and the result.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

The barn door is going to look fabulous in your home! Looking forward to seeing it once it's installed. Jane

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

How exciting Linda! The hardest part will be deciding which one. I love them all, but I'd have to choose the chippy doors with the glass panes. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So many wonderful inspiration photos! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do at your home!

Cecilia said...

I'm a huge fan of barn doors...got the hubby to make me one for our closet. It's so cool! Can't wait to see yours.

Donna Wilkes said...

I would love to have a sliding barn door for my laundry room, but they are harder to configure than regular doors. Good luck with yours!

Our Hopeful Home said...

I have a sliding barn door Pinterest board, too! I'm very excited for you. I would love one in my house, too. You're very lucky you have such a kind hubby! Can't wait to see what you end up with. Good luck:)
xoKathleen

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful, a barn door will be beautiful. Exciting times for you.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Lucky you! I love that concept, and have had the CL image pinned since published. Can't wait to see it.

chateau chic said...

Oh lucky you!!! These sliding doors are fabulous, and I know you're going to have so much fun with this project! Can't wait to see how it turns out for you all.
Mary Alice

Vel Criste said...

I want one too but no room to put one on!:-(

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh how I liked those huge sliding barn doors when I was a country kid LOL it was always fun to run in them when opened and when they seemed a 1000 ft high
I love how old country things are making a come back into our modern house

T. Emrich said...

LOVE them.
Mine are being installed on Monday in my studio.
Crossing my fingers it all works out :)

DD's Cottage said...

Love all the doors-I am having a barn door put in myna bathroom-cant wait!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, I love all the inspiration doors and excited to see what you do.
Hugs,
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love them Linda and you are going to love yours! Can't wait to see!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Robin Johnson said...

I'd added them wherever I could, love the look so much.

Beach House Living said...

I've admired sliding doors for a long time. Wish our home had the space for a set.

Unknown said...

the sliding barn door looks very nice.
Sliding Glass Door Replacement
Windows And Doors Phoenix

Related Posts with Thumbnails