Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cleaning Tile Grout

Today, I will be sharing a cleaning product that I discovered about a year ago. Better late than never, huh? Don't we all hate household cleaning chores? One of those chores is keeping our floors squeaky clean, and some are easier than others. Tile floors are fairly easy to keep clean, but the grout that comes with these wonderful floors, are a bugger! At our beach condo, we have tile in every room but one, so that's a lot of grout to keep clean. I wanted a cleaning product that would do a good job and easy to use. I went to Home Depot and found the perfect product, so now, let me share it with you.
Blessings,
Linda

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

OneStep is a ready to use cleaner and resealer. It has a non-acidic, non-abrasive formula won't damage stone, grout or tile. It cuts through grease, dirt, food and soap scum on tile, grout, chrome, glass and laminates. It contains tile lab surfacegard stone, grout & tile sealer to reseal as it cleans. It also leaves a fresh citrus scent.
  • Use on stone, grout, ceramic, porcelain and quarry tile
  • Non-acidic formula won't damage stone, grout or tile
  • Spray directly on the surface of tile and wipe off excess
  • Contains surfacegard sealer to reseal everytime you clean 
     **This info was found on Home Depot's website** Click here to find more
          info and you can also read some reviews there.
 Here are the supplies that you will need for the job.
Oh, I forgot to include a pic of the soft cloth that I
used to wipe away the dirt.


I should be ashamed really ashamed, that
I let this grout get this dirty. Now, in my
defense, do you know how hard it is to stay
inside the condo and clean grout, instead of
going outside and enjoying our beautiful
Alabama beaches? Trust me, it's HARD!


Just spray it on...


then scrub and next, clean with a soft cloth.
I hope that you can see in this pic and the one
above it, where I have cleaned, because silly
me, I forgot to take a good after pic. The clean
grout is located at the top of both pics.

My opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.






Pin It
Linking up here...Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
                             Be Inspired
                             Tip Me Tuesday
                             What's It Wednesday
                             Tuesday Treasures
                             Treasure Hunt Thursday
                             The Inspiration Exchange
                             Be Inspired
                             Feathered Nest Friday
                             Show and Tell Friday
                             Redoux Link Party
                             Fridays Unfolded
                             MET Monday
                             Inspiration Monday

23 comments:

sheerserendipity said...

Hi Linda, Thanks for stopping by my blog, I always love having visitors!
Its funny you should do a post on tile cleaner and sealer, I was telling my husband today that I need to seal my newly tiled bathroom before it gets cruddy. I wonder if I can spray that on and seal it on new tile. I'll check it out on your link to it. Thanks for sharing!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Incredible! I've been looking for the right grout cleaner for years! Thank you soooo much for sharing your find with us. The difference looks amazing. And don't worry about what anyone thinks... everyone's grout ends up looking like that unless you have a housekeeper that gets paid to do it!

Happy New Year Linda!
Blessings, Edie Marie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Thanks for this tip Linda. I'll get Mr. Sissie right on it!!! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing this tip Linda. I have some tile in the bathroom that will be very happy once I try this.

Unknown said...

I will certainly give this a try. My mudroom, laundry, kitchen, breakfast, and sun room have tile that is rough (textured). Talk about hard to clean!! Wish I could replace it, but that's not gonna happen. Thanks for sharing this brand with us!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Some jobs just required getting down on our knees! I've been painting and mine are so sore. I'm sure you were very happy once it was done.
Blessings,
Cindy

Vel Criste said...

I need a good one, thanks for the recommendation Linda!

Unknown said...

My grout is just as dirty as yours I'm afraid and I've never been able to get it very clean. I will definitely try this product. What a plus that it seals as it cleans. Thank you so much for the info.
Blessings,
Patti

Curtains in My Tree said...

I need to do that so bad in my bathroom

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Thanks. I'll forward this to my maid.
BAA-Hahahahaha!

Mariaelena said...

Thanks Linda…I'm going to go and buy this today!!…I was just saying I need to find something that works…I only have tile in the bathrooms of the "burbs" house but ugh…never looks clean…thanks for the tip…
Mariaelena

nannykim said...

Wow--thanks for sharing --this is good to know!

Gail said...

Hi Linda, I need to do some grout cleaning as well and will have to pick me up a bottle! Thanks for sharing and for your visit. Enjoy your day, Gail

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Girl . It looks great. I can see it Thanks for sharing . Will buy some. As always love your blog my sista . HUGS and blessing for a beautiful new year

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Thank you! I love personal testimonies on products because I have a hard time just buying something like tile cleaner without knowing how it works. Bathroom and kitchen, here I come!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Great to know...I'll remember this :)

Donna said...

I am trying this product for sure! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

Oh I'm buying this for sure - we bought a fixer upper and the grout is awful in one of the bathrooms - THANKS for sharing!
xxx

Cristina Garay said...

I'm glad I don't have that much grout to clean, but when I need to do it, I'm sure I'm gonna use this product, thanks!

Christine at Little Brags said...

Pinned this post...I got lots of tile at home too....thanks much!!! Christine from Little Brags

Heaven's Walk said...

What an awesome product, Linda! I'm definitely nabbing some the next time I'm in Home Depot! I've got grout on my floors and on my countertops. Better buy 2 bottles.... lol

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

Thank you for this, Linda. It's really hard to clean the grout out from your tiles without damaging the tiles themselves. Now with this new product we don’t have to worry about damaging them.
Gail Wallace

Unknown said...

My husband and I bought an older home, and the tile and grout is not in great condition. We have been trying to clean it ourselves, and it hasn't gotten better. I'm hoping to use your idea, and see if that does anything to the stains and dirt. If not, I think I'm going to have to hire someone.

Sara Welsh | http://www.chem-dry.net/springfield.il/services/tile-grout-service

Related Posts with Thumbnails