Friday, January 3, 2014

Chalkboard Ideas

Baby It's Cold Outside...have you noticed? Even here on the Alabama gulf coast, our temps will be in the 20's tonight. I know that to some of you, that sounds warm, but for this southern gal, it's very COLD! To all of you that are in the middle of this awful winter storm, please stay in, and stay safe. With the low temps outside, that calls for indoor fun. So, today I had a good time playing on Pinterest. I tell ya, that site is addicting, I could spend hours on there getting inspired, what about you? If you have a Pinterest board, then please let me know in a comment, and I will be sure to follow you. Today, I was looking for chalkboard ideas, and here are a few that I pinned. I have a huge chalkboard in my kitchen, and this year I hope to remember to re-do it more often. I changed it out today, but didn't get a pic before it got nighttime, sorry y'all, but I am sharing a pic of the one that inspired me. Thanks for the visit, it's always nice to have you here.
                                                      Blessings,
                                                         Linda

                                                       source

                                                       source

                                                       source

                                                     source

                                                       source
                                  This is the one that inspired me today.

                                                            source

 Here is what my chalkboard looked
like for the holidays.
 
 A little vintage fun at
Coastal Charm Interiors.
My chalkboard luggage is
now located in my family room...pics
coming soon!
You can follow me on Pinterest here.
 
Pin It
Please go to the source of a photo to pin it to Pinterest, so that the originator of the post gets the credit.
 
Linking up here...

22 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh how I wish I had the talent for this, I love these!

Blondie's Journal said...

I so wish I had a chalkboard!! Or at least room for one. Cute story...Went for Christmas dinner at a relative's home and offered to make and bring sweet potatoes. I ran out of time and instead brought several bottles of wine as a gift. She had the dinner menu written on her chalkboard, including the sweet potatoes. Boy, I felt like a heel. Later I happened to walk in the kitchen and saw that a big line had been drawn through Sweet Potato Casserole!! Thankfully there was a smiley face under it!!

Yes, I think the storm originated around here, it snowed from the 29th until this afternoon. It's 8 degrees. Brrrrr. 20 is no picnic either. Stay warm!

XO,
Jane

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH yes...I do love Pinterest...so much wonderful inspiration and eye candy!

BeachGypsy said...

Oh gosh, how in the world do you DO THIS??!! LOL LOL If I were to try this---it would look like a first grader's!! ha ha
Like Linda up there said--yep, Pinterest eye candy is about as addictive as REAL candy isn't it? No calories tho, right?

Our Hopeful Home said...

-.5 here now, going down to -25 overnight. Like your Christmas chalkboard best! I love Pinterest, too. You can find me at Charm Bracelet Diva. I'll try and follow you, too! Happy New Year xoxo Kathleen

Unknown said...

Love your blog!!! Follow me on Pinterest Beverly Kennedy The CT Belle. I used to be from Mississippi but have lived in Connecticut for twenty seven years!!! It is cold here tonight only Four degrees!!! Supposed to be nine below by tommorrow.!!!

Alison Agnew said...

i love all the chalkboards!

wish i could do that

it's been awhile
but so fun to catch up
with what you've been up to

wanted to let you know
that i've brought back Fridays Unfolded for 2014
and would love for you to stop by
and join the fun

happy new year!

Alison
Nancherrow (formerly Stuff and Nonsense)

Katie Mansfield said...

It's very cold here in Texas too. We are having one of our coldest winters in a long while. I love, love the chalkboard suitcase. So adorable. I love chalkboard art. Mine are nothing like your examples but it is fun.

Leslie said...

They are all gorgeous! I never know what to do with my boards.

Laurel Stephens said...

I moved my big chalkboard from my dining room to my kitchen recently and miss it. I've decided every room needs a chalkboard!

Stacey said...

I just love that huge chalkboard in your kitchen! The frame is pretty special. I have a Pinterest Chalkboard board too. So much inspiration!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

It was cold and windy here in Atlanta last night. Pinterest is my guilty pleasure.

Scribbler said...

I have one, but it has to function. Usually there are a couple lines drawn in different directions: one for Publix one for Costco, one for Home Depot, etc.

Then there are the reminders for appts. I guess this happens when we age!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I remember being picked to write a "story" on the big chalkboard in first grade. Such an honor!

Your selections are inspiring!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your inspiration and your own chalkboard. Off to check that on Pinterest!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So many fun ideas!! I love the "abide in HIM"!! Stay warm :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Here's mine http://www.pinterest.com/rondellk/

I followed you too! I love the chalkboards, I'm not great at doing them but it is fun to change it around. Love the suitcase too...Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I have so many chalkboards around my house that one of my friends asked what my "thing" was with chalkboards. I love them. Maybe I should do a post just on those in my own home!

I DO have a Pinterest board and I'd love for you to come over to my blog and sign up to follow. I may be following yours already but if not, I'll head right on over to do so.

You are an inspiration to me dear Linda,
Patti

Stephanie said...

Love all of these but I am so bad with chalk!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love these. I still have no chalk board...
Blessings,
Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love them Linda! Thanks for sharing. Pinning onto my chalkboard Inspiration board.
hugs,
Jann

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

You found some terrific chalkboard art!! I'll need to pin a few of those. I have done one board...for my laundry room. It was NOT easy to do. You'd never guess. :)

I think I may already be following you on Pinterest. Here's my link: http://www.pinterest.com/AnExtraODay/

Stay warm...it's ZERO right now here in Michigan.
~Diane

Related Posts with Thumbnails