Friday, January 17, 2014

Chippy Goodness

The weekend is almost here...oh happy day!!! Well, since I work on my own schedule, I guess it really shouldn't be a big deal to me, but it is. Back last month when I shared a Christmas tour of my kitchen, I found it funny, that so many of you noticed a new addition to this room. I didn't mention it on the tour, but hey, you all don't miss a beat. So, today I thought I would share this chippy goodness with you. It was for sure love at first sight! I found this beauty at a wonderful shop located in the charming town of Franklin, Tennessee. If you are ever in Franklin, you must make a stop at City Farmhouse. The owners Kim and David, have one of the best shops in the South, you can click here and see for yourself. When I spotted it, I knew right away where it was going in my home. When I hung it up, I was so excited that it looked perfect in it's new home. As most of you know, I love ironstone, but did you know that I have a thing for chippy paint? Oh yes, chippy paint has been a favorite of mine for years. How about you, do you have chippy paint goodies in your home? It's now time to see this beauty, so, here she is!
                                                      Blessings,
                                                         Linda

                                             Home Sweet Home!!!

                                     Ironstone+chippy paint=CHARM!

                                   I kinda have a thing for rusty too.

                                    What an awesome old rusty hatch.

                              Ahhhhh...just the way I like it.

 
So, the next time I post a pic here on my blog,
I better make sure that everything seen in the
pic is okay to share, if you know what I mean.
 
 If you are a pinner...you can follow me
 
Pin It
Linking up here...

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that beauty makes my heart sing! Old...chippy...rusty....LOVE!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love both pieces, Linda! I adore chippy and I mean "original chippy", not the sandpapered/dinged with a hammer chippy!! Lucky you. I've heard how great Franklin is, maybe someday hubby and I will go on a road trip (and take his truck! Ha!!).

I'm off to look at your kitchen tour. I missed it.

Have a great weekend off!

XO,
Jane

Donna said...

I love it too! I follow City Farmhouse on FB and love it also. I'm sure you've seen the Storybook Cottage they've decorated! Love!!
Hugs,
Donna

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It is such a charming way to frame the ironstone, Linda...so pretty!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Love it, Linda!

Anonymous said...

love it, it is the perfect piece!
Keya

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Rusty and chippy--I love it too! I think I enjoy pieces like this so much because I feel like they have a story to tell :)

Stephanie said...

Love the chippy new addition!!

Stacey said...

That looks amazing!! I have an old green chippy window that has almost made it to the donation pile. You've re-inspired me. :)

Gail said...

What a beautiful find Linda! I love it!! Enjoy your day, Gail

Faded Charm said...

You know I love anything this chippy and wonderful, Linda!

Have a nice weekend.

xoxo
Kathleen

Olive said...

It's charming. Love chippy. Bloggers miss nothing.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Perfect chippiness!!! I love it.

hugs
Sissie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I sure noticed it! Love it, chippy paint, rust and all.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Darling! I just picked up a couple of super old (and dirty) windows ~ how do did you clean yours? xoox

20 North Ora said...

Love the old chippy piece and really love the white ironstone piece. Gorgeous!

Judy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Each piece great on it's own, but so pretty grouped together...looks great in your kitchen!
Blessings,
Cindy

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love it! Chippy paint and rusty hardware always get my attention. Yours is fab!!

Pam

Rita's Recipes said...

Hi Linda, I pinned this and also I'm now following you on pinterest. Can't believe I missed that one! Where did you get the white plate hangers? Or did you make them. I'm all ears too!
Rita

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

I love chippy and rust, though I don't do much of it in our home, so I enjoy others' use of it. Yours is just as darling as can be, and a great idea too! Thanks for hosting! ~Zuni

Unknown said...

Looks awesome!!

Peace,
Debbie @ Flower Child Deigns

Unknown said...

I love chippy
http://www.top-ten-web-hosting-reviews.com/">Top

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I LUV the chippy goodness. Great piece.

Pamela said...

Love it Linda!! Thanx for sharing at THT.

Heaven's Walk said...

I agree with Rosemary! That chippiness is just perfect, Linda!

xoxo laurie

From the Old InkWell said...

Linda, love your chippy frame. I'm in love with chips and rust too. Don't know which I like most. I'm a new blogger in town and will be following yours!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Dare I say it... the perfect amount of shabby chippiness... it is perfectly shabbilicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails