Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome To Our Den

Our TIGER Den...gotcha!!! Did you think I was going to show you our den/family room? Okay...I'm sure a few of y'all were thinking that...now come on and fess up! I'm a little late taking down my large metal flower that I had hanging here during the summer, but better late than never. When I was trying to come up with a neat looking Auburn wreath for the fall football season...I so wanted something very unique...do you think I succeeded? I used a 25 cent frame that I found while I was out thriftin' two weeks ago and some letters from Hobby Lobby...they were $1.99 each...add some burlap ribbon that I already had on hand...paint that I also already had and this baby came in under $5.00...not bad...not bad at all!!! Please note...this wreath idea can be done with any college logo:) If you want to see more NIFTY THRIFTY goodies...click here and join in at my weekly NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY PARTY...it's always full of some really "cool thrifty stuff"...take a look for yourself...I promise y'all it's a load of FUN!
                                             Thanks for coming to
                                                      my den,
                                                       Linda
                                                 Hope you like it!
                                                     I sure do!
                                     As you can see...we are proud
                                              Auburn Tigers!!!

Now do you remember my
 25 cent frame from
last weeks
NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY
PARTY?
                                        Hot glued them together.
                                    Then hot glued them to the frame.

Just used some ASCP (old white),
dry brushed it on...5 minutes!


                                    Now don't get me wrong...if
                                    are not an AUBURN TIGER..
                                     you are still WELCOME in
                                                 our den!

                           Just a little seak peek of the project that
                           I'm working on tonight...don't forget to
                                 come back for the big reveal!
Linking up here...
Wow Us Wednesday
Show and Tell
Power of Paint Party
Penny Pinching Party
Wallet Friendly Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Idea Sharing Wednesday
Inspiration Board
Open House Party
Transformation Thursday
Thrifty Thursday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Frugal Friday
Show Off Your Stuff
Thrifty Thursday
Fall Nesting Party
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Thrifty Things Friday
Keep It Simple
Frugalicious Friday
I'm Lovin' It
Catch As Catch Can
Just Something That I Whipped Up
Show and Share
Fall Door Decor Party
Weekend Wrap Up
Sunday Scoop

38 comments:

Sarah Yoder said...

Very cute. My sister goes to Auburn! She'd love this!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Very cool indeed!!! I love making something out of nothing! All the best,Chrissy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Oh I love it! Have a few friends that would love one of their own!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

LOVE the Auburn decor! WAR EAGLE!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a great idea Linda it tuned out awesome! Your pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to see what your working on! Martina

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

How cute! Can't wait to see your next project

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

That turned out great!

Becca Bertotti said...

Fabulous job! I love that you added burlap and the old white frame.

Jilly said...

Linda, What a great idea you shared with us, I enjoyed fully in my first visit. Your pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to see what you working on! I made it same way and stick various glitters on it.
gifts for men

Kelly said...

I just LOVE that idea for your front door during football season!! You did a great job on it. You sure do tie a good bow! I'm not that good at it unfortunately. I love your mix of rustic and whimsical on that project. Looking forward to seeing what you're working on next. I spied something burlap!

Pam Kessler said...

That's a very cute idea. Can't wait to see your next project.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Love the stacked letters and the way you put it all together...cool!


Jan

Always Nesting said...

Love it and verrrry creative. Sure makes football season fun!

All That Glitters said...

Those are great Clemson Tigers colors! haha! I just had to! Very cute, btw!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How Cute!! WAR EAGLE!! I was at the Auburn-Miss State game...and as I was standing in that glorious stadium screaming my fool head off...I wondered if you were in there doing the same thing :) I didn't have a voice for a week!!

Hope you are having a great week!

Lou Cinda :)

Sue said...

Very clever...sporty and still decorative! I love the polka dots!

The French Hutch said...

What a great idea, and your project turned out great. I really love the burlap bow. I hope I am still welcomed, I live up the road just a little bit from Auburn, in T-Town! Your welcome here anytime. Love your blog.........

~Emily
The French Hutch

jmac said...

Hmmmmm....I'm thinkin' that would be precious done up in purple and gold!!! um...that would be LSU purple and gold!!!
Get ready for us....I'm getting to go to Death Valley for the auburn/lsu game..woooohoooo!!!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Gracious this is such a cute idea! I am so excited that a Hobby Lobby has opened up relatively close (45 minutes away) to my home. Now when I see adorable things like your frame wreath I can copy you! Woohoo!

Dusty Coyote said...

That is such a great idea. I especially like how you aged the frame and how it looks on a glass door. Timeless and original!

Unknown said...

Great idea! Now I just need to make one with a U & T for Texas.

Honey at 2805 said...

Somehow I knew you were ready for some football! Very cute. Have a great season!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you participation!

deb said...

Too cute!

Unknown said...

Love it, I will have to try and pass on to my Auburn Family! I love Football Season, especially SEC! have fun can't wait to do this and see what's next!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea. I have several loose frames like that; you've given me the inspiration to do something with them. Thanks!

Ellen said...

now that's team spirit. GO AUBURN.
Happy Fall, Hugs,
Ellen

Diann said...

What a fun project. It turned out great. Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

At The Picket Fence said...

Love that Linda! My sister and her family are Bama fans so I thought I should be the one to comment on this! LOL! It really is so cute though and I just love this time of year and all the football fun. Did you see the latest issue of Southern Living? It was so fabulous and made me wish I was a Southern gal for real instead of just a wannabe! :-)
Thanks for sharing this at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Amanda said...

Love this! My hubby went to Auburn and I just made burlap footballs for our doors...one Ole Miss, one Auburn!
Love your cute blog!
Amanda

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Yoohoo! Thanks for joining in my new party. So glad you could make it. I love your letter idea. I might have to create something like this for my son who is a UNC- Carolina fan. I am not, but maybe I can stomach through it. Haha Hope you are well. Blessings, Barb

Pamela said...

That is too cute! I may need to make one for GaTech!;) Hope your weekend is going well and thanx for coming to the party!

The Tablescaper said...

I'm no football fan, but this is a great idea! I could see varying it for many uses.

- The Tablescaper

Tanya Anurag said...

So cute :)

Unknown said...

Cute idea! We're NFL fans, not really into college football, but I think this is awesome! I'm having a door decor challenge on my blog this week and I would be so excited if you'd link this up...it's a nice change-up from all the wreaths. :)

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/falling-for-crafts-challenge-3-door.html

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, What a cute Auburn project! I am emailing this to my daughter. Thank you for linking to the Open House party.
xo,
Sherry

Jennifer said...

I love it!!
Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!

kristi jacobs said...

Love it, I'm a War Eagle girl too. '93

Anonymous said...

Very Cute...did you leave the glass in the frame or did you remove it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails