Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Look

This week here at my nest I've been changing things up a tad...pulling out some fall items...painting some items with my ASCP...buying a new lamp (gotta deal on this one ladies)...so have you been busy fluffin' your nest? A few of these items were a THRIFTY purchase, but I'm keeping the price of them a secret until my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY PARTY is up and rolling...so please come on back and see what great deals I got. The party gets started on Monday around fiveish (cst). ..hope to see all of you there and with your party shoes on!!!
                                            Would love to hear
                                             what you think of
                                              my latest fluffin'
                                                      job,
                                                    Linda
Welcome to my nest at
COASTAL CHARM!
                                 Now I must have a little coastal
                                      charm as you enter...don't
                                                  ya think?
                                       So what does a gal do?
                                       Well she pulls out her
                                        paint brush and some
                                     ASCP and goes to work!!!


                      So what color does she use? Paris Grey is her choice
                    today. I painted this old wooden bowl white a few years
                    ago...so today I added some paris gray...sanded and then
                 some of Annie's clear wax...oh how I LOVE her NEW LOOK!!
                                         Added some feathers to
                                             my vintage basket!

                                      I purchased this lamp for
                                     my cottage makeover, but
                                     for now...the foyer will be
                                                 her home.
                                            A touch of chicken wire
                                                 is always FUN!!!
                     
                                       My favorite part of the lamp
                                       was her shade and her price!
I love mix and matching
when it comes to
lamps and just
can't pass up
an awesome
deal...how about you?

Linking up here...

40 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the lamp and the feather arrangement. Both look fabulous. Eager to see the rest. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope i remember this party.

No, I just don't change season here except at Christmas.
Tucking in some new found items from the yard sale today tho. Does that count as fluffing? Chuckle.

Have a lovely & safe holiday weekend.
tTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

reFresh reStyle said...

It looks great Linda, can't wait for Monday!
Debbie

Sherri said...

Linda that lamp is awesome!! I love the Fall fluffin' you have been doing! I love your header too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sooooooo pretty Linda!! Love your new lamp and that shade is fabulous. Great vignette! Martina

Dawn said...

Love it all, but my favorite part is the chicken wire. Beautiful as always!

ANNE said...

Love, love, love that lamp & the shade is to die for!!!!!!

Leslie said...

Loving it all ~ especially the added chicken wire!!!! Have a great Labor day weekend.

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Very pretty vignette! Love the bowl, lamp and the shade, oh my!

Susan said...

Your vignette is very pretty! I love the lamp!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm loving everything, Linda, and your lamp is my favorite {and the little chicken wire piece}. Very nice!

XO,
Jane

laxsupermom said...

Love the new look! The lamp looks terrific, and I love the feathers! Thanks for sharing.

liZ said...

Love the lamp--the colors, shade, and chicken wire are all awesome!
liZ
(simplesimonandco)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Beautiful Linda! LOVE that lamp! And the shade!! Soooo pretty!

Lou Cinda

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I just love the feathered arrangement and the great lamp, and always loved chicken wire! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, FABBY

Karena said...

Linda I love your fluffing.

The new details really look great!! Just a few changes can make such a difference.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the changes you made. I have not done anything here yet. Still feels too much like summer. Love those long feathery stems! The lamp is so cute. I'm sure you got a steal.

Tanya Anurag said...

I love that lamp shade.. it's gorgeous! The chick wire does the trick... it looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

A lovely vignette, Linda. The lamp is very pretty, I especially like the shade.

Jane said...

Good Morning Linda,
It's always fun to fluff the nest a bit, isn't it. You put together a lovely vignette. I keep thinking I need to try the ASCP but haven't invested in it yet.
Enjoy your day.
Jane

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Did you make your shell spheres? I can buy shells cheaply here in the PI. would love to make my own!

Anne said...

Linda, that lamp shade is a delight! Everything looks great, of course.

Sylvia said...

Hi Linda, love that lamp, it all looks so wonderful and inviting.

Sylvia

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Love your pretty vingette. The shade just makes everything looks so lovely.

hugs
Sissie

GwendolynKay said...

I am sooooooo in love with that lamp!
hugs~

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Looks lovely Linda!! I've been repainting some old treasures around here too. Love the finish you did on your bowl... and the feathers in your vintage basket are the perfect touch of Fall :)

xo Lynda

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What a perfect vignette! I love the lamp and the shade is amazing! I agree, a bit of chicken wire is always a nice touch!

~ Regan said...

Wow! That sure looks great! :)
I especially like the chicken wire touch ;)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I am in love with that shade! Gorgeous! I think I am in the last person in the world that has not used ASCP!

Carol

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

I love everything, especially the lamp.

Anonymous said...

Linda, Im in love with that tiny piece of chicken wire with your Initial in it! Supra cute. I'm gonna try and do the same to one of mine!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I am in love with that lampshade, Linda! Love the vignette you set up here and I think it makes for a great foyer look.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love that lamp!!! Especially the shade it so makes the lamp! Your foyer looks great!

Rondell

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful lamp and gorgeous shade. The foyer looks
lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Dear Sweet Home said...

It all looks so pretty - I love how you mix the "coastal" with the feathers. Pretty ~ Pretty! ~Kim

Babs said...

Great lamp and shade.I like your changes for Fall. Love your pheasant feathers and that little bit of chicken wire on the lamp. Looking forward to seeing your new thrifty finds.

Anonymous said...

I have a thing for Pheasant feathers and have a few I used in a vintage vase with sticks and moss. I have had it so long. But my big collection is duck feathers 'cause that's what resides on the lake. They are pretty too. Love your fluffing! xo

Tara said...

That lamp and new look is amazing! We are painting and redecorating right now. Love this!

I'd love to have you share this and any other of your amazing posts over at my linky party Create and Share. It posts every Wednesday. We open the party Tuesday evening at 8 pm for those who like to link up early. Hope you stop by... http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/create-and-share-features-too.html

Tara @Trendy Treehouse
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com

Romanian Princess said...

I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess, I am your newest follower from a blog hop! Please follow me back! Thanks!

www.romanianprincess.com

XoXo Nicole Mariana

summerland cottage said...

Thank you Linda, for popping in and leaving the sweet comment.
It has been pure pleasure viewing your world and all the cool treasures, beautifully vignetted antique collections and shows.
LoVe your blog banner too !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails