Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.78

I sure hope you are having a better Labor Day than I am...we are having a third day of non-stop rain from TS Lee...this fella needs to leave town...enough is enough! We had big plans for the holiday with Mary Claire and six of her friends coming down from Auburn to spend some time here at the beach...well Lee changed all those plans and so Mr.CC and I have a empty nest here on Labor Day..not fun! No cookout...no homemade ice cream...just cleaning our home office and trying to stay dry. Did you see my post...NEW LOOK? If not...I showed you a new lamp that I found while I was out looking for some new items for my cottage makeover...if you missed it...you can click here to view the post. Now any guesses on much I paid for her? Does $20 sound like a NIFTY THRIFTY deal to you? I thought it was...so I brought her home with me (she was found hanging out at TJ Maxx). The wooden bowl was a garage sale treasure from years ago...I'm sure that I only paid around $2-$4 for it and just look at it now looking all pretty with that ASCP...this stuff is great! Okay it's time to show us whatcha got...so link right up!
                                    If you are new here I hope
                                    you will become a follower,
                                    I love getting new friends,
                                                Linda
                                      I can see that this new
                                    lamp will work in several
                                rooms here in my nest...wonder
                              where you will find her next month!

                                       Gotta love some good ole
                                               chicken wire!
                         Great look for only pennies...check out your
                                local garage sales and thrift stores
                                     for these old wooden bowls.
                         Wooden bowl...white paint...paris gray...sand down...
                          clear wax...dark wax...clear wax...buff=this look!!!
                         
                              If you have not tried ASCP...do yourself
                                 a favor and go for it...it's really good!
                                Okay...I'm I the only one out there that
                                    didn't know that these jars were....
                            Atlas mason jars? How NIFTY THRIFTY!!!
                              Just thought I would pass on this update!!
                               Looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow
                                       with temps in the mid 70's!!!


Linking up here...
Tuesdays Treasures
Savvy Homemade
Potpourri Friday
Catch as Catch Can
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Home Sweet Home
Show and Tell Friday
Fridays Unfolded


****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1 Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.














41 comments:

Homeroad said...

Where've you been girl! That is how I pick my pasta sauce! LOL
Susan

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for hosting, Linda. I love the shade on that lamp, and your reuse of the Classico jar.

Unknown said...

Lee is enroute to us, too ... begged for rain, now I am un-begging! Love the lamp, clever idea & quite a versatile motif. Now I will know what to do with all my Classico jars ... TY.

Have a beautiful holiday ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your new lamp! I never new that there were Atlas Jars under those labels!!
Hugs,
Penny

Sylvia said...

Linda, check out the classico pizza sauce jars, the jars are small wide mouthed with the words Atlas Mason and ounce measurements on the side.
Perfect for lemonade or decorations. I now have two and will be addimg more...

$20.00 for the lamp is a good deal!!! I would have bought it too.

Sylvia

Lori said...

TJ Maxx here I come, exactly the lamp shade I am looking for in my den. Thanks, stay dry, Lori

Linda said...

Gotta get me some of that sauce!!
LOVE the lamp!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

We are on day two of rain! Hopefully it will move on tomorrow. We really needed it for sure. Love that the sauce came in such a great jar...I'll have too look closer at mine!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

THanks for hosting Linda!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Ok seriously, I can not believe those mason jars were hiding under those labels all this time. I use that sauce all the time! There are several in the pantry right now. I had to get up from the computer to check them out. Sure enough, mason jars! ... Thanks for the tip Linda! And as always, thanks for hosting!

Jem said...

I love the chicken wire and monogram!! They look fab!!

Jem xXx

Blue Creek Home said...

I feel your rain pain!!! We haven't had a dry break since yesterday morning!!! At least we are all tucked in with no plans to have to get out in it. Sorry your plans were rained out.

Love your lamp!

Happy Wet Labor Day
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love all Riley Blake's Fabric! Thanks for the giveaway.

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE that wonderful shade! Just linked up my DIY lamp makeover. thanks for hosting, xo Debra

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Linda, I absolutely adore that lamp! And with the chicken wire on it too? Even more! :) I love the tidbit about the pasta sauce jar too.

Sorry about your bad weather. That really stinks! I've been cleaning/reorganizing my office today too. Not nearly as much fun as having company though.

I hope Mr. Lee leaves town sooner rather than later!
Thanks for hosting the party!
Take care,
Pam

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your lamp, it is fabulous and the shade is wonderful. I need a couple of new shades for some lamps. Just have to find the right ones. Your bowl looks wonderful too. Hope the rain stops soon. Hugs, Marty

Honey at 2805 said...

Your lamps is so cute! I have saved a few of these jars, but hadn't noticed they were by Mason. So happy you mentioned it!

Thanks for hosting, Linda. You are always so gracious!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Linda.
I am so excited to have won your give away!! YAHOO!!!! Thank you so very much. I will e-mail you my info. Will you please let me know when you get it. Had a problem one other time with it. I love your lamp! The french script is so dang cute, and the chicken wire adds just the right pizazz. Once again, Thanks!

Diann said...

Linda I am in LOVE with those lamps! The shades are wonderful! I am heading to TJ Maxx tomorrow to see if our stores have any!
Don't you love that about those sauce jars! I have a pretty good collection on them now. when I first discovered that I was so excited and thought a grouping of them would be s pretty.

Sherri said...

Linda, that lamp and shade is awesome!!! I love, love, love it!!

poppilinnstudios said...

Love your bargains, especially the lamp shade. Thank you for hosting!
Hope your weather gets better quickly!
-Lynn

Anita Diaz said...

I love, love the lamp!! We are finally getting some much needed rain here, but hoping it doesn't get too bad here.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Linda! I love your finds..especially the frenchy lamp! We are having rain, too. It almost doesn't seem like Labor Day, does it? Hope the week will be better!...hugs...Debbie

Nancy's Notes said...

What a impressive lamp, I love it! I so did not know that about those jars, what a great tip! Just send that rain our way, I know you all have had enough!

Have a great week!
Nancy

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Whew! I was having a little trouble linking up tonight!
I love that lamp. That was a steal.
The jars are great. I use the pesto and it's a small size which is really cute too.
Stay dry and enjoy the cool weather!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great price on that lamp, Linda! I love it! Guess where I'm heading this week? : ) Like I need another lamp. Thanks for hosting and for reminding me of your party!

Lynn said...

Great job, Linda. The little lamp is charming. You sure are clever! Sorry you had such a wet weekend :(
Best to you,
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

All That Glitters said...

Your lamp is very pretty! Thank you for hosting! We got tons of rain here too!

Anonymous said...

My favorite posts have been about the mason jars ( http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/1471/) . I can't believe how many thrifters show NEW jars. And the Kerr regular lids fit exactly - for gifts it's nice not to have that spaghetti stained inner lid even if painted or decoupaged on the outside. New lids are only a few $$ for a whole pack.

LOVE the shade treatment on your lamp!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your lamp, Linda. That shade is awesome. Thanks for hosting. We are in the same rain and boy did we need it. Drove through hard down pours yesterday all day. Would love if you could add more space for us to add a title in the link. It only allows six letters.

Elegant Economies said...

Your lamp is charming and extremely versatile. Love it!

We are getting rain from Lee here in the mountains, too! Yaaay! We were dry!

I am your new follower.

Blessings, Audrey

michelle said...

I am so sorry about all your rain, I hope it clears up soon and you can have your get-together another day.
I love the lamp, it is beautiful!
xoxo

Unknown said...

i bought the same lamp great minds think alike. i got mine for $10 So they must have marked them down alot. they also had a glass one, like a mercury glass look im regretting not getting that one as well.
lauren

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I just LOVE that lampshade and the lamp!! I'm wondering if our TJMaxx has them???

reFresh reStyle said...

Thanks for hosting! Love your lamp!
Debbie

Donna said...

Linda,
I love your lamp too ... especially the shade. I didn't know this about the jars either!
Sorry about Labor Day ... same here.
Hugs,
Donna

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! You've got a big fabulous party going on here. Can't wait to dive in. Love your lamp and the chicken wire is the perfect touch. Send the rain to TX! I'm so worried about our families. Some of them are very near to the fires.
And thanks for the tip on the mason jar. I didn't know that either!
p.s. you've got to get one of those stick vacuums! The best thing I've ever bought. I will never use a broom again!
Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda, Your post is interesting and fun as always. Love the lamp shade and the lamp. Atlas Mason Jar is new to me. We are getting rain too. We need it badly.
Thanks for hosting.
Hugs, Jeanne

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Thanks for hosting :) I love your new lamp!

Ellen said...

Love the lamp, and I never think to tear off the lables to see whats under unless I know there is recipe under it. I will need to check it out from now on. We had a lot of rain here also, and the huge brimfield antique show got totally flooded for a couple of the days....we went yesterday and the grounds were still soggy and squishy, I feel bad for those that carted all there stuff to have it flood for part of it....I will be blogging some of the show for next week.
Hugs,
Ellen

The Charm of Home said...

Linda,
I had no idea the sauce was in a mason jar. That's brilliant!
Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails