Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lovin' Spray Paint

Give me a can of spray paint and who knows what I will attack...this time it was my brass chandelier in the dining room. I have been wanting a new chandelier in this room for a long time now, so before spending some moola on a brand new one, I thought I would try painting my old one and guess what? I did it and boy I'm so glad I did, because I just LOVE how the makeover turned out. With the money that I saved on this project, now I can get another DIY project going...maybe some new trees for the backyard. I'm trying to decide if I want to put in some palm trees or crepe myrtles...decisions! With Haley's wedding coming up in July...Mr.CC and I have a ton of things to get done around here...a wedding means a lot of out of town family will be coming in and we want everything to be looking GOOD...you know how it is...don't you? Do you try to fluff your nest when company is coming?
                                                                Thanks for coming and I hope
                                                                        to see ya here again,
                                                                                    Linda

                                  I used Rust-Oleum...Hammered Finish/Brown...love this color!
                                                              One can did the job...now
                                                                     that's what I call  
                                                                     NIFTY THRIFTY!
              
                             
                                                       I think you should be able to see
                                                           the hammered finish here in
                                                                         this pic!
                                                 Still lovin' how my shades look with the
                                                                      new color.
                                                            Yes...they match my chair seats!
Here we are all lit up!
                              Sorry that I don't have a before pic...it's lost somewhere on
                                               my desktop...this happens to me a lot.
Linking up here...
Home Sweet Home
Fridays Favorites
Catch-As-Catch-Can
Fridays Unfolded
Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Frugal Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Favorite Things Fridays
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Flaunt It Friday
Fresh and Frugal
The DIY Showoff Project Parade
Metamorphosis Mondays

48 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Okay. You have convinced me. I have a brass one, but I want to paint mine either white or black. What do you think? Or should I go with something more like yours?????

Linda said...

This looks absolutely WONDERFUL! You GO, Girl!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Wow...that looks amazing! I can't believe it was once brass. Love your shades and medallion also.

Anonymous said...

The new color really compliments the cute shades. I think it looks just as good, if not better than one you would buy brand new. The hammered finish is really popular. You've inspired me to do our dated brass chandelier! Looks great!

The hubby likes to razz me about fluffing before company comes. It's only right to fluff :) Make our family and friends feel at home.

Xo,
Michelle

Jennifer said...

Very pretty! I love that fabric pattern! I have it in my laundry room. Thanks for sharing at My Repurposed LIfe.
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Anonymous said...

I love the shades. And the makeover is great.

Cheers,
Lisa x

All That Glitters said...

It's just beautiful Linda!!!

Gail said...

Hi Linda, I love that color too and your chandy re-do looks GREAT! Love the littles shades.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Now that is a transformation!Love the color and the shades!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

That looks so great! I have a brass chandelier but three of the lights on it are broken so I think we have to replace it. But you have me thinking about a light fixture in one of the bathrooms. Thanks for the idea!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great transformation on the light fixture, Linda. You did a great job!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Looks great! Love it!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Ding Dong Dang~
That looks awesome!
another friday's favorite for sure :-)

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

This is just fabulous! I'm sure you've given many people inspiration to redo those brass light fixtures. Love the shades especially.

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Love the look you achieved with the spray paint.

Sylvia said...

I really like the black and white look. The chandi looks brand new!!

Awesome job,
Sylvia

Karena said...

Linda this looks great I love, love the hammered brass finish, perfect.

I am currently spraying a round wooden table a semi-gloss white to freshen up my office/den, need another can of spray! Tough right now with my right foot in a cast!!!

Come and enter to win my Springtime Gift for Bath & Body.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

That looks wonderful Linda!!

Beach House Living said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks fab! My readers would love to see this. I'd love it if you'd link up to our NEW party. We are celebrating achieving over 100 followers this week. A great start. www.curlywillowdiy.blogspot.com

Erin said...

A girl after my own heart!!! I painted the two front porch chairs in the hammered finish, and love it. I love how your chandi turned out and good for you for saving all that moola!! Looks Fabulous Linda!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the new look. Isn't it amazing how it can turn something into looking like a whole new piece? Your shades are really cute.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Love that chandy! I'm crazy about the toile lampshades. Great look!
CAS

Joanna Jenkins said...

Awesome job! I had no idea a can of spray paint could make anything look that great.

I hear you about work around the house before company. It's usually A LOT but things always feel so nice when it's done.

Have a great weekend, jj

Tammy said...

Love the look with the awesome paint job. Beautiful job!
Smiles Tammy

At The Picket Fence said...

I love it Linda! I just spray painted a mirror this week and agree that those easy and free changes can be the most satisfying! As soon as I get pics taken of the mirror I will link it up to your nifty thrifty party. :-) Thanks so much for joining our Inspiration Friday party this week!
Vanessa
P.S. I want those shades!

Tiffanee said...

So beautiful. It is fabulous.

Sommer said...

Oh Linda this is simply PERFECT! I love the color, the shades etc... I love the shape of the shades even! Such talent. I'd love to have you link this to my VIP party today @ http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-7.html

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

thanks so much for linking up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Diann said...

Oh Linda, I LOVE this chandy! I turned out wonderful! Where did you get the shades? I love them.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Gorgeous makeover Linda~ your chandelier is lovely in it's new finish and with those darling shades! Thanks so much for sharing this at my party! :)

Anonymous said...

When you mentioned brown, I was wondering how that would work with the shades, yet the color is pretty and so dark I think it works too. Painting is certainly quicker and easier on the budget, especially when you still get a ver pretty light in the end!

The Charm of Home said...

Linda,
Your light looks wonderful! I love the ORB spray paint this is very much like it. I love how it turned out. Very pretty. Yes, I do fluff for company. Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh I love the new light! I know you are glad you didn't go and buy one when you can make your old one look this good. May I ask where you got your shades? They just set it off. Great job!

Vicki said...

This is a great makeover! I love how it turned out. Can I tell you that I am always forgetting the before pic too? I'm too anxious to get started.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

way to go! It looks gorgeous! Yep, I spruce up a little, but never so far in advance. I can't think that far ahead!
You still have time and money for more projects! yay!
gail

Kate said...

Your chandy looks great... love those shades too! Thanks for linking Flaunt it Friday. :)

Natasha in Oz said...

You have done a brilliant job with this project Linda. You are very creative and very thrifty indeed!

Hope you had a lovely weekend and best wishes for a beautiful week.
Natasha.
xo

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great transformation, Linda! I've used Hammered Finish Brown on a couple of things and I love how they turned out. The chandelier shades are wonderful.
Hugs,
Sherry

Roeshel said...

Love the color! Spray paint is so addicting. Instant transformation with little effort but great results! Your chandelier is beautiful! :)

Roeshel

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful...and love your shades!

{oc cottage} said...

No less than awesome!!

m ^..^

Unknown said...

love it.. i did this with an outside chandelier
and i loved it as well. i just used the regular
oil rubbed bronze not the hammered.looks great with the shades

Scribbler said...

In my last house, I painted one like that -- twice! I definitely recommend it to save money. A nice man rewired it for $10, just to make sure it was safe.

http://scribblerunfocused.com

Alison Agnew said...

is there any better fluffing tool than spray paint? doubt it...adore the way your chandy turned out and the shades a lovely...thanks for sharing on fridays unfolded!

blessings,

alison
stuff and nonsense

Gabby said...

Beautiful! I chose you for a Stylish Blogger Award. :) Click here to find out more.

Gabby

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Hi, I featured this project on our Wicked Awesome Wednesday link party today. Come on over and grab an "I've Been Featured" button if you'd like!

Linda said...

I love to paint.....just about anything. You did a great job with the lighting...looks fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails