Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mobile Mardi Gras

We are in full swing of Mardi Gras here in Mobile. Schools are closed on Monday and Tuesday, so the kiddos can join in on all the fun. You might be really surprised to hear that businesses are closed on Tuesday, oh yes, Fat Tuesday is a holiday for all of us. This past week, I've made it to three parades and that's a record for me. Well, I must confess, two were kids parades, that were held at my two daughters schools. If you don't already know, my oldest daughter teaches 1st grade and my youngest daughter teaches kindergarten. Here in Mobile, our children get involved in Mardi Gras at an early age. I can still remember my Mardi Gras float, that I made out of a shoe box for a school project, and that was back in the 60's. Well, I better go for now and get on my treadmill, been eating a lot of king cake around here lately.
                                             Happy Mardi Gras!!!!
                                                       Linda



                    Fun colorful floats parading under our beautiful
                                       old oak trees.
                                Mobile's Mardi Gras King and Queen!
                                 I really love how this float is still
                                 being pulled the old fashion way.
                                Here are the kids wagons, filled with
                                plenty of goodies for them to throw.
                            After two days of kids parades, I now know
                           the number one favorite item that they like to
                                       catch...stuffed animals!!!
                       We have a new grocery store in town, and
                       they opened just in time for the Mardi Gras
                                            season.
                   Oh my goodness, this is a family owned chain from
                   Louisiana, and we all know how good they cook there.


                     Mr.CC discovered their Praline Pecan King Cake,
                                     and it love at first bite!!!
                        Since most king cakes look like this one. He was
                        really curious to try this praline pecan version.

                               
                       After leaving church today, we headed over to
                       purchase our last one for this season. We were
                       both so disappointed that they were out of this
                       one, but that's okay, we purchased another one.
Yum Yum!!!
Pin It
Linking up here...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

MMM. that looks delish. I'm so jealous, I wish I could be there.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love pralines and I can only imagine how good that cake must have tasted.

Unknown said...

The parades look so festive. I have never seen anything like those cakes before. I enjoy seeing how different regions celebrate holidays and events -thanks for sharing a glimpse of your Mardi Gras.

Blondie's Journal said...

Well, I learned something new. It's not only New Orleans that celebrates Mardi Gras in such a big way!! The parades look so fun! And the King cakes always amaze me.

XO,
Jane

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

I'd always wanted to go to Mardi Gras your pictures were good to see for someone who's never been.
Have a great week.
Denise

Junkchiccottage said...

Yum LInda and the parades look like so much fun.
Kris

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love the mule drawn float. We have one more parade in Fairhope tomorrow night. Such a fun time of year!

Unknown said...

Oh I would love to see a mardi gras parade - they look like SUCH fun !!!
Thanks for sharing!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Fun...and OH MY that cake...Pralines...yummy! Pralines and Cream is my favorite ice cream!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails