Friday, March 28, 2014

Shop Talk with A Cottage Muse

I wanted to do a regular series on my blog, something unique that hasn't been done before. I came up with an idea to feature small shops, that are located throughout the country. So, every Friday you can stop by and check out a new shop, and at the same time meet the owner. Some weeks, I will be sharing some wonderful vendors that set up at vintage style shows. I am hoping that this series will introduce you to some shops and shows, that you might not already know about, and better yet, they might be in driving distance for you, wouldn't that be nice? This week it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Sandi from A Cottage Muse! After you finish shopping, you can click here to visit Sandi's blog.

Thank you Linda for inviting me to be part of your new Shop Talk series here at Coastal Charm!

I have been part of the Wrentham Country Store since July of 2009 and officially named my business "A Cottage Muse" when I began blogging back in 2010.
I chose one of my favorite photos that I have used in the past as my blog header to make business cards as well as price tags for larger items...



I had a sign made for my space by the talented Paula of Castle and Cottage...



These photos were from our Vintage Fall Market Weekend this past September, one of our three main annual events.

I buy things for my space that I personally love and would use in my own home, which is usually a mix of shabby, cottage and romantic prairie with a sprinkle of french inspired pieces.
More often than not my new old finds are loved at my home for a while, replacing a piece that makes it's way to my space at the shop...


I love being a Shop Girl as well as Creative Director at the Wrentham Country Store, especially at this time of the year as we are getting ready for our fourth annual At Home With White Show being held on April 12th and 13th!
This is a one of a kind show in our area (maybe even in New England) and with articles in Romantic Homes and Creating Vintage Charm magazines this past year we are expecting even bigger shopping crowds this year!
Here are a few of my displays from past shows...







The last two photos are from last year's show of my shared space with fellow Shop Girl and friend Karen Kinch.

We are fortunate to meet new customers every week at the shop, recently having a few travel from neighboring states!
We are also lucky to have our long time customers who shop with us weekly and sometimes twice a week!
Whether it is a first impression we are making to a new customer or welcoming a regular customer back again, I try and keep my space full with creative displays.  I feel it is very important to change up displays weekly adding new finds.  Every few weeks I will even rearrange my whole space with what I have to give it a new look.


I love browsing Pinterest for display inspiration, especially now with all the Spring shows going on from coast to coast!
You can follow my boards here.

I have started sharing some sneak peeks for the show over on my Facebook page...take a look here.
The shop has it's own Facebook page (here) where you can view photos of our past three shows.  The shop's website is full of information on all our events as well has having a "Recent Finds" page to see the new treasures that come in weekly!
Social media has been a great tool for the shop and we recently had a gentleman from New York call to purchase an item over the phone and drove to the shop a few days later to pick it up!

This has been fun sharing a little bit of my experience being part of a vintage shop!
Thank you Linda for the opportunity!

Planning a junkin' road trip this summer...we'd love to see you!
 
Pin It

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many lovely items in your shop! It was nice visiting with you!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Vel Criste said...

What a charming store and love how everything is displayed, so many eye-catching items to see and Buy!

Connie said...

Everything is so pretty . . . I wish you were closer to me.
Your shop is divine :)
Happy Spring!
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

All the white things are so fresh and cheerful. Just in time for spring!

Judy Pimperl said...

Linda, I've enjoyed visiting A Cottage Muse. Thank you for doing this series...I look forward to each and every featured shop.
http://www.judypimperl.blogspot.com

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Sandi has a beautiful booth! Lots of inspiration from her pictures. I would love to shop it!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Friday Linda!
Thanks so much for having me this week and for promoting small business!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Great person to feature Linda. I am actually going out in April to meet Sandi and visit the store and market they are having. I am excited. Never been to the East Coast so this will be fun. Hubby and I are taking a trip for a long week end. It will be fun to meet Sandi.
Woooo Hooooo Can't wait.
Kris

Okio B Designs said...

Your booth space is to die for! I really love that vintage sign!!!!

Jeanine

Sheila said...

Hey there. What a wonderful series. I can't wait for the next one.

Sheila

thepaintedapron.com said...

so many gorgeous things~
Jenna

Faded Charm said...

Love Sandi's style and ability to display:-)

Enjoy your weekend, Linda!

xoxo
Kathleen

Just Judy said...

What a very charming shop!

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty shop! the shop series is a wonderful idea:) tfs!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I always enjoy seeing all the wonderful treasures Sandi fills her space with. Love her style!

Joy Junktion said...

Such a lovely little shop you have shared here today! I always enjoy these posts! Blessings, Cindy

Noble Vintage said...

Fun stuff! Love it!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I would love to shop Sandi's spot...beautiful finds and lovely creations!

Faye said...

Sandi, it's all beautiful...I could easily take home almost everything I see!

Cristina Garay said...

That's such a pretty shop, so many wonderful items, love the stools and the frames!

Related Posts with Thumbnails