Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Move In Day Is....

Friday November 18 and I have so much to do, but this old gal can handle it...I keep telling myself that...so maybe it will come true!!! Let's see...I will be cleaning some of my rusty crusty treasures...doing some painting...oh yes ASCP will really come in handy with how fast it is to work with...creating some things with some of the items that I have found...washing/ironing my vintage linens...pricing...packing...loading...unloading and before I can move in...gotta create two walls to make my spot SPECIAL. I have several ideas about my walls...one is using  drop cloths and another one is using some large old screens and last is using old doors..so stay tune to see which route that I go with. I feel like everything is happening for a reason...Monday I walked in one of my all time favorite shops in town (they have been around for 21 years...no newbie here) and they had a spot that had just came available..get this...it's the second spot from the front door...how COOL is that? I so wanted to do a happy dance right there and then, but I contained myself, but I did tell the owner right away that I wanted it...paid the first months rent and my wheels starting turning...oh boy I gotta get moving!!!! Oh my...I bet you want to know where this wonderful place is...it's called COTTON CITY ANTIQUES and it's located in midtown Mobile, Alabama...just a few blocks from where Mr.CC childhood home was. One thing that I am really excited about is the OLD hardwood floors that I have...so no need to find an area rug to cover up some ugly floors like you find in many of the stores out there. Very happy that my daughter Mary Claire is coming home for the holidays on move-in day...FREE help is always welcome and this girl is always coming up with some COOL ideas...can't wait to see ya honey!!! Well I better get going...sounds like a ton of work to tackle!
                                                       Your friend,
                                                            Linda
                                            This was my first thing that I spotted
                                             at the flea market that I wanted...it
                                                 was so coming home with me!!
                                              Love the SEARS label...don't
                                                           YOU?
                                                    This guy had a ton of old
                                                   RUSTY CRUSTY STUFF
                                                   She would look so cute in
                                                    my kitchen, but I'm going
                                                      to let somebody else
                                                            enjoy her!!!
                                     I'm so into all the awesome INDUSTRIAL
                                                       items out there!!!!
going on...so click here and
come join in on some
SUPER DUPER FUN!!!

Linking up to some FUN parties...come
by and join me!

20 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I can feel your excitement and I'm so happy for you.
Can't wait to see your new place.

hugs
Sissie

Blondie's Journal said...

I wish you all the luck in the world at your new place, Linda! I can't wait to see it all jazzed up!! :-)

XO,
Jane

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

How exciting Linda! So happy for you and can't wait to see more!!!

Pamela said...

Linda how exciting!! I love what I am seeing so far. Great treasures!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great stuff! Very exciting indeed! :) good luck, have fun!
gail

Judy said...

I'll have to find out exactly how to get there so I can stop by next time we come thru Mobile, I'd love to see your booth! And I love that green sifter...e-mail when you price it (please)!

Judy

Debbie said...

Moving into your new space will be so much fun!
I'm happy for you. Enjoy your new venture!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

You sounds so excited! As you should be!! I love all the boxes and crates I see in the background :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That sounds like the perfect place! Can't wait for you to get all moved in.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How exciting- good for you! Can't wait to see more!

Comeca Jones said...

I just know it will be beautiful cant wait!

Sherri said...

Linda, I'm so very happy for you-good luck!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE these gates, can't wait to see it all come together!! that flour sifter would look so cute dolled up for Christmas, I think you need to keep it! Have fun, xoxo

Janette - The2Seasons said...

That looks like a really fun flea market. I love all of the rustic things.

Donna said...

How exciting! You will get it all done and find the perfect rug.
Can't wait to see more!
Hugs,
Donna

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So happy for you that you found such a great spot! Can't wait to see the shop all set up.

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I think I would have picked the same Junk! I'm visiting from the Thrifty Groove party

Tammy @ Type A said...

love the finds! great junk!

time worn interiors said...

I would be so excited to get to move to a new place! Good Luck!
tot

Diann said...

I am so excited for you Linda! I can't wait to see your space when you have it all put together! I wish you all the luck in the world! And I know yu are going to have such a blast with you daughter there to help you out! Thank you for joining us at TTF and have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails