Thursday, November 3, 2011

Coastal Charm Interiors Is Born

You gals were really on track with what my BIG NEWS was...so many of y'all said that you thought that I was getting back into the antiques business and you are all so right! I have been praying about this for months and I feel that now is the perfect time to jump back into what I really love. I have been out of the business since 2005 and for a few years I really didn't miss it, but things have changed and this ole gal is so ready to get things rolling! Speaking about things rolling...as you read this I am in Canton, Texas on a buying trip...I might be a tad bit old, but I'm not slow when it comes to buying for my business...oh it's sooooo much FUN!!! If anybody out there is going to be at the Canton Trade Days this week, please e-mail me...I would love to meet up with some of my blogging buddies! I have been checking out several shops, but at this time I have not decided where I will be...still have a few more to check on. Location is so very important and I want to make sure that I land at the right place for me. I have some wonderful plans for what I want my look to be and what type of merchandise that I will carry. Mr.CC has his shopping list...hand truck...u-haul and muscles all ready to help me on this buying trip...I tell you...this hubs is a real trooper!!! I know he must be saying to himself...why didn't you make this decision before we went to the Nashville flea market and all those thrift stores on our recent vacation...now honey...that would have been too easy...you know what I mean? Here today, I'm going to share a fun flea market/antique mall...it's called PRATTVILLE PICKERS...maybe you have heard of it before over at THE LETTERED COTTAGE...it's in Layla's neck of the woods. It was a great place to shop for some real good deals and here is a couple of the ones that I came home with. Better go and get some sleep, because we have a nine hour drive and you all know that I'm going to SHOP TILL I DROP!!!
                                     I'm so happy that you
                                     came by for a visit,
                                                Linda
                             Found this glass water bottle from
                             the 50's...just had to have it since
                             Mr.CC has so many fond memories
                             of using one of these at his aunt's
                                                house.
                                 I knew it would make a
                                 charming addition to our
                                              nest!!!
                                  Do any of y'all remember
                                           these bottles?

                                Another find was this old market
                                crate that I have displayed my
                                        thrifty little tote in!
                         If you are ever in the area...it's
                               so worth the visit!!!
                         Silly me...I guess you need to
                         where it's  located...that would
                                 be Prattville, AL.     
                      Maybe I will be able to find a few of these
                            cuties in Canton...wish me luck!!!

                                 I will also be looking for a ton of
                                    old crates like the ones here!
                                    My little one cup Fire King
                                    measuring cup...the black
                                    writing is what I loved about
                                                    it!!!
                              Now I would buy this beauty
                                  if the price was right!!
                         Oh my...I should have purchased all
                                            of them!!!
Please be sure to join in on all the FUN going on over at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY...ckick here and join right in!

UPDATE...as of 7:00 pm Wednesday...after one day of shopping Canton...I feel like I have been hit by a truck...if you know what I mean!!! Finding some really neat stuff and awesome deals...oh this is soooo much FUN!!!! Going back at it at 8:00 am tomorrow:)

Linking up to these fun parties...come on by and join me!!!
Wow Us Wednesday
Open House Thursday
Show and Tell
  Make It Your Day
Share The Love Wednesday
Whatever Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Treasure Hunt Thursday 
Frugal Friday

58 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Congratulations on your decision!! No doubt you will be very successful! Best of Luck!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you are going with it. I can just hear your excitement. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. Happy hunting on your trip and can't wait to see your new digs and finds!!

Artsy VaVa said...

Congratulations. It sounds like you will be doing what you love. Thanks for the info about Prattville Pickers. We pass by Prattville on our way to my in-laws. I had no idea that was there. I'll have to check it out at Thanksgiving!

Linsey said...

I've been doing it for 2 months now. I'm finally making more than my rent! haha...but you have to do it for fun, not the money. As long as I come out ahead anough to buy more "stuff" I'm doing well. Keep us posted, can't wait to see what you do!

♥Linsey

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Best wishes to you! And have fun SHOPPING!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

How exciting, Linda! I wish you all the best! You have a great eye!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

How exciting! When i started my blog it doubled my sales at my antiques booth! It is just crazy how many people will stop in at a blogger friends store that they have seen online, not to mention all of your local people. Then they blog about it and then more people come! It will be an overwhelming success!

Carol

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Congratulations Linda! I'm so happy for you and am sure you'll have great success!

Happy Shopping!

Pam

Cassie Bustamante said...

woo hoo!!!! good for you, linda! you are going to be FABULOUS!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Congrats!!! What a wonderful business to be in, especially when you have a true passion and love for it! Have fun! :)

Low Tide High Style said...

Linda, I'm so excited for you and I know you will have an amazing shop!

Kat :)

Olive said...

Fun, fun, Linda and best wishes on this venture.

Desire Empire said...

Congratuslations on reentering the antiques business. All the very best to you and I look forward to watching this space.

Donna said...

Congrats on the new venture! Maybe one day I will make it down there to shop :)
Have fun!
Hugs,
Donna

Honey at 2805 said...

This is great news! Congratulations, Linda! I'm so excited for you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am so happy and excited for you Linda! I can't wait to take this journey with you! Oh I love that you can buy lots of stuff now that you will have a store! hugs, Linda

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Congratulations! That is some very exciting news! I spy quite a few things from Pratville Pickers that I would DIE to have!

Natasha in Oz said...

That is such great news Linda. Congratulations! I wish you every success for this wonderful new venture. How exciting!

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Congrats Linda; your shop will be beautiful, I just know it! Yep, Grandma had a water bottle like that. I've never since had water that tasted so cold and refreshing. Any you're at Canton? I'm dying to get there one day. Have fun and don't forget to snap some pics!

Jan

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

How exciting!! I had a booth in Canton many years ago when I made and sold jewelry. Not sure if I'll make it this weekend but the weather should be nice and I hope you find some great deals!

Brandi said...

Best wishes to you Linda! Congratulations on following your heart!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Congrats! Good luck with the antique business.
www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Gail said...

Congratulations Linda! Now you will have a place for all your nifty thrifty treasures.

Sherri said...

Linda, oh congratulations on getting back in the antique business!!! You brought back memories of the 1950's water bottle! My Mom has one and she stores all her old buttons in there!!! Good luck!!

Lori said...

I'm going this weekend, we have to try and meet up. Good for you and the new shop. I have to help Saturday with a two o'clock wedding at church. Should be at Laurie Anna's Vintage by 3:30 and the Paul Michaels after that. Lori

Positively Southern said...

Congrats! I'm so excited to find another antique mall to shop at and to be so close over in Prattville! For the record I actually live in Auburn(WAR EAGLE) and I just may get in the van and drive to Prattville today!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Congratulations Linda! You are going to have so much fun and the best part is you will have lots to blog about!!!

hugs
Sissie

earth sky sea said...

Congratulations - I am your 2000th follower! (I don't think I have 20!)

Judy said...

Oh Linda how exciting! I've thought about doing my booth again at Eastbrook Flea Market but with my obligations in taking care of mama I just don't have the time right now. I knew you'd love Prattville Pickers, and I hope my directions made it easy to find.

We're heading to the lake this weekend to decorate for Christmas (already!) and we'll be glued to the TV for the Ala-LSU game...

War Eagle!
Judy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

CONGRATS Linda that is such exciting news! Wishing you all the best, I know it will be a success! Martina

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Congratulations on your decision!!
That will be so much fun!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Congratulations on your big decision!
I've just contracted for a booth at an antiques mall here in New Jersey -- hope we BOTH have great success.
Mazel Tov!
Cass

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How exciting!! I am in the process of getting a booth here sometime this next year, so I will be watching you and rooting for you!

The Working Housewife said...

I knew that's what it was!! Congratulations on being able to live your dream! I will have to check out Prattville Pickers when I'm home next time. I'm from the next town over. :-)

laxsupermom said...

Congrats on starting up your new venture! How very exciting to be able to do what you love. Thanks for sharing.

pam {simple details} said...

Wishing you the best in your new adventure! Can't wait to see your store!

High Street Cottage said...

Congrats Linda! Our little venture is going well, we love having our own little shop in an antique mall and it's been the perfect outlet for our creativity!

Anne said...

That's great news, it sounds like SO much fun!! Good luck and enjoy!!

Sandra said...

Great news! Congratulations - I know you will do great! I can't wait to see your finds...I noticed that dough bowl in one of the pictures above - any idea how much it was selling for? I found one in Bastrop, Texas...but didn't want to pay almost $300 for it...

Michele Smith said...

Congratulations, best wishes to you. Can't wait to see your finds. Love those Lance jars and dough bowl!

Blue Creek Home said...

Yea!!! I guessed it, but my comment wasn't on there?? Oh well, I also guessed you might be going on Dancing With The Stars next season!!

I know your shop will be the best shop ever!!! I know you are excited.

Rhonda

Becca Bertotti said...

What wonderful news !! Congratulations on what is bound to be an extremely successful venture !!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

So excited for you Linda! I'm sure you will be a huge success. Have fun in Canton, I've never been but heard it's a great place to shop for deals.

Simply Beautiful Now said...

Congrats! What a wonderful venture...I wish you all the best! Looking forward to seeing your new store.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new venture!

Marlee said...

How exciting! I know your new shop will be fabulous! Can't wait to drive over from Mississippi to shop!!

very merry vintage style said...

Good for you Linda, sounds like it was meant to be. That bottle is sweet! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

A Vintage Vine said...

You are in Canton this weekend!?...I am so jealous, you are in my neck of the woods! Have fun and best of luck!

Unknown said...

so pretty!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Hooray for you! I figured it was something like that. I love Canton! Hope you have a great time!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How exciting Linda!!
Thanks for sharing your picking pictures!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog today... I love it, so I joined :) I too am a thrifter, garage saleaholic and flea market junkie. I just recently started blogging. I hope you will come on over and check out my blog.

www.AnyoneCanDecorate.blogspot.com

Blessings, Diana

Pamela said...

Oh Linda how very exciting!!! I am so happy for you and can not wait to see your space! I wish I could have met up with you in Canton! It is just a few hours away. I have never been but hear it is dreamy! You must have been here for first Mondays!? Have a safe and fun trip!!

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for sharing about the Prattville Pickers...it is just across the river from me but I have never been. Your post reminds me to get myself up there! I think you and I were in Asheville, NC at the same time last month. I saw your post about visiting shops up there and thought "Wouldn't that have been funny to run into Linda in Asheville?"

Marilyn said...

What an awesome post.. Great find.. I Love it.. I found ya over at the picket fence and I'm stopping in to say hello.. Really great blog you have here.. So lovely.. I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com and will love for you to stop in sometime pls.. TY.. Wishing you a lovely weekend.. :)) TY

Debbie-refreshrestyle said...

Congratulations! I hope I'll get to shop there, during one of my trips to Auburn/Lake Martin! Hope to meet you soon!
Debbie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, I guessed right! Congrats on your new adventure. You have fabulous taste and I know you will be a success. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and I look forward to hearing more about your plans.
Hugs,
Sherry
ps: I got the earrings today and they are beautiful. I'll be posting soon. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails