Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Is Not Over Yet

I know we are all thinking about getting ready to pull out our Christmas decor, but ladies let's don't forget about Thanksgiving and all the beauty of this wonderful season and holiday. We all have so much to be thankful for and need to be sure to not let this day go by without being celebrated. I was so surprise to see that one of my neighbors have the outside of their home all deck out in Christmas decor...really?...it's only November 10. I could understand starting decorating inside your homes, but outside is just way too much for this gal...what about you? Today I thought I would change out my centerpiece for my farmhouse table with some items that I have purchased from a few of our Fall trips. So come on and let's see what I came up with!
                                        Happy to have you here,
                                                      Linda

                             When I spotted this vintage basket at the
                              Screen Porch (located in Asheville), I
                               knew right away that I had to have it!

                                                A mix of this and that!!
                                          Oh yes...I now own two demijohns!!!

                                         Bring in some freebies from outside!



                                     I was happy to find this lady at the
                                       flea market that was selling this
                                     beautiful gords right out of her car!
                                                 BIG BOY!!!
                                  I can see that this basket will do
                                 a lot of moving around here at my
                                                   nest!!!!


                                     If you want to know how much I paid
                                    for my basket and all the goodies inside
                                   her, then be sure to come back on Monday
                                  and join me at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY
                                              and I will share with you
                                                  how much I spent!!

Linking up to the folowing parties...hop over and join me!
Farmhouse Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Potpourri Party
Feathered Your Nest Friday
WOW Us Wednesday
Creative Things Thursday
Show and Tell Friday
Saturday Night Special

26 comments:

Olive said...

The basket is wonderful and has so many uses. I love gourds and have none. It is a shame as we live by a gourd farm.

Susan said...

Linda , I appreciate your post. But I have to admit I am starting my Christmas decorating tomorrow. Only because my children/grandchildren are coming for Thanksgiving/Christmas. I usally do not decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving afternoon.
But even so We Give Thanks for what we have to be Thankful for anyway.

Low Tide High Style said...

I love your basket and fall decor, and I refuse to start decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving! My sweet turkey's and fall decor would be very sad if I simply skipped right over them! ;-)

Kat :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

You are so lucky on the demijohns! That's what I've been looking for!!! I'd love it if you could stop over and enter my giveaway.

http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2011/11/shutterfly-holiday-cards-review.html


thanks!
-heather

Pam Kessler said...

Yes, too early for Christmas for me. Not that I'm not thinking about ideas for it now though. Love that basket. I am definitely interested in how much you paid for it, because up here they tend to be expensive.

Babs said...

Your basket is perfect for displaying so many neat things. Love your Fall touches and I agree with you about celebrating Thanksgiving before Christmas. I love Christmas, but I also love Thanksgiving and try to celebrate each in it's own time, but it's getting more difficult each year.

Anonymous said...

I love your demijohn! Your vignette is lovely!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful vignette! I don't like to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It is a very meaningful year and I am glad I get to go home to celebrate. hugs, Linda

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Time goes by fast enough on it's own. I don't need to rush it by starting with Christmas just yet! Besides, Fall is such a beautiful time.
Wonderful basket! The gourds look great in it.

Debra@CommonGround said...

That market basket is wonderful! The demijohn looks just perfect in there surrounded by the natural goodies and that chippy little white thingamajig! See where my eye goes...chippy white stuff! thanks for joining in for VIF! xoxo

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I agree we should not forget Thanksgiving. I think of this as the quiet season-before the holiday storm! This is a time to stay home and spend time reflecting on our many blessings.

Oliva Ohlson said...

Thank you for keeping fall alive! Beautiful vignette, and I especially love the picnic basket.

Unknown said...

That's what I say... I love Thanksgiving

At The Picket Fence said...

Such wonderful finds Linda! I'm going to start decorating inside and we may put our lights up on the outside soon but won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving. :-) I absolutely love both baskets and think your brick floor is fabulous!
Vanessa

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, Your new basket is wonderful and I bet you find many uses for it. I have a thing about gourds and yours are great. Love the chalkboard! I just posted about the earrings I won in your giveaway. Thanks again!
xo,
Sherry

Donna said...

Linda,
I did a post this week about how Thanksgiving seems to be forgotten.
I love the basket filled with the gourds and such. The sunflowers made me smile :)
Hugs,
Donna

CozyGirl said...

I actually don't mind Christmas decorations going up anytime in Novemeber. For me the holiday season begins the day after Halloween. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays and go together in my mind. Christmas is such a wonderful time and the decorations are so pretty and festive so I say enjoy it for as long as possible! Deck the halls!

Anonymous said...

Decorating the outside already for Christmas? Really??? I couldn't agree with you more. Let's enjoy Thanksgiving. Actually Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's just family, friends, a great meal and togetherness and love. No huge anticipation like Christmas. Thanksgiving is at my house and I can't wait. I spent time looking at the wedding photos. You were as beautiful as the bride! xo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great finds Linda and beautiful displays! I start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving but after seeing all the inspiration around here I'm getting anxious!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I am with you, savoring every bit of fall! Jackie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Table Display! I'm with you on having Thanksgiving before Christmas, I'll wait till the day after Thanksgiving, but I have started working on a few projects for Christmas. I'm visiting from Funky Junks SNL party

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Everything looks soooo pretty.... Totally Fall-ish. I think it probably smells all cinnamon-ish too. :-)

Blessings,
Spencer

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love your basket and gourds! Wow, those demijohns are also great!

Mimi said...

Just love your sentiment about Thanksgiving. Thanks for taking the time to share it!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks great :) I have a few Christmas ideas brewing...but I agree we can't forget Thanksgiving...chat soon, Laurel

foreverdecorating said...

I have a wire basket too and way toying with making a liner for it from fabric, but I love how you can see through to the 'stuff' inside without a liner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails