Thursday, April 10, 2014

DIY Potting Bench

It's that time of year again, time to get your hands dirty ladies. What I mean about that is, it's potting season!! Oh, how I love when potting season rolls around and I can dig in some dirt. Sounds kinda silly huh? Oh well, this old gal, has always loved playing in some dirt, something that I have never outgrown. Now, everybody that loves planting, needs a really cute potting bench, don't ya think? With that being said, look what Mr.CC made last week. Oh yes, he made this darling potting bench. Then when he finished it, I got my paint brush out and went to work on it. After that, I just had to fussy it up a bit, so now let's see how she turned out.
                                                 Blessings,
                                                   Linda

Here she is!
Maybe we should name her...any
suggestions?

                        It's always fun adding a few vintage goodies,
                              to add charm to pieces like this one.

                      This old rake head was a must. Then I printed some
                      vintage seed packs and added them. You can also
                      print these seed packs, just head over to my friend
                      Angie's blog. Angie, always has so many cute free
                                printables at her place...just click here.
                        
                                  Old garden tools add a lot of charm too.


                                   You just gotta have a hook or two.

                           Just think, we will all start enjoying
                                 our beautiful flowers soon!

I can't wait!
 
Now, if I'm going to have any
pretty flowers around here this
year, I better get busy potting!
 Pin It
Linking up here...

32 comments:

Judy Pimperl said...

It's great Linda! I love the rake...
Judypimperl.blogspot.com

Vel Criste said...

That's so sweet of Mr. CC!!! Love how well it's decorated too!!!!

Stephanie said...

So cute - love it!! I can't wait for my hydrangeas to bloom either!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Your potting bench is lovely I wish my fiancé was that good with building things.
Denise

bobbie said...

Drool-worthy!

20 North Ora said...

Linda - That is such a cute potting bench. Love all of the detail you added to it! I'm going to make myself one this summer and may borrow some of your ideas. I am your newest follower,

Judy

Lorraine said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Gail said...

Looks great Linda! Charlie and I are in the process of making another one. The one we just built has sold already. Enjoy your day, Gail

acorn hollow said...

Love it! I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt.
Cathy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

That is so cute Linda, great job by Mr. CC!!

Pam Kessler said...

How cute! I don't know if I'd want to get it dirty :)

Cristina Garay said...

Love your new potting bench, you're inspiring me to go and build my own :) The old rusty garden tools are cute too!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great potting bench, Linda! I have always wanted one. Unfortunately, living in a condo now there is no room for one. I think these serve a great dual purpose if you are entertaining outside.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What an awesome potting bench Linda! And you're right, the rake was a must! Such a charming accent for the garden!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...


How wonderful the potting bench is. Great job. Yes, I think your right everyone needs a potting bench. Your Mr. is very talented.

Cindy

Calypso In The Country said...

Such a great potting bench! It was nice to see some pretty flowers too! I just visited Marty's blog and loved your kitchen post! Have a great day!
-Shelley

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Mr. CC gets an A+ on this project. Love all the vintage touches too.

Mary said...

What a great potting bench! How about naming her Fern? Have a blessed week, Mary

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You two make a great team...turned out so great! You make me want to give mine a makeover! I think you should name her Petunia...

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it, how fun is that. Hugs, marty

Debra@CommonGround said...

just love it, Linda! the old rake head and tools really add that vintage spark. sweet hubby!

â„łartina @ Northern Nesting said...

love love love it!!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

This is fabulous! I think you should hire Mr. CC to make a few more for your booth!
And if you need a name, I suggest "Pansy."

Unknown said...

How amazing! LOVE the rake detail - you could make a killing on these!
Beautiful job!
Visiting from Common Ground
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown said...

Oh, it's fantastic! I love it! I love this time of year! xo Jen

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful LInda. Love all the old tools and the rake is so cute. Great potting bench.
Kris

Unknown said...

I like the name Mrs. Potts!!!

Annclectic said...

Love it!! Mr. CC did a great job and so did you with your paint and finishing touches! I have to make one for myself!

thepaintedapron.com said...

totally adorable Linda, happy potting!
Jenna

My Repurposed Life said...

Love your potting bench Linda! I may be making one of these next week. :)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh my, what a fabulous job you've done with your potting bunch...she is a darling! Your husband is so sweet! You have inspired me to build one of my own:)The rake head with the vintage seed packs looks adorable and perfect at your potting bench! Happy gardening!~hugs, Poppy

Anonymous said...

Your potting bench is adorable. Last summer we were having work done on the outside of our house so I didn't plant any flowers ~ I'm so looking forward to that this year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails