Monday, March 8, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.2

Here we are at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS second party and I can't wait to see the results from all your thriftin' outings. Last week we had such a wide variety of incredible deals...anything from a antique sewing table (being used as a bistro table) to a 90% off pink wire tier basket. This is why thriftin' is so much FUN...you can find awesome deals on home decor...antiques...clothing...furniture...and the list goes on and on. I would like to thank you for making my first party a huge success...the turn out was amazing! This week I will be sharing with you some items that I found in the 90% off section at Hobby Lobby last week and a couple of Dollar Tree goodies. Please be sure to check back on Thursday to see who has been featured this week at NTT...maybe it will be YOU!

****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button...the button is located on my sidebar).

2. Please try to visit the other participates and leave a comment.

My CASH GIVEAWAY ends on WEDNESDAY MARCH 10...if you have not entered to WIN
some thriftin' MOOLA...click HERE!
Pulling out my Heirloom White spray paint for this baby...she was only $3.20 at HL!
Cute little bamboo basket for $1.20!
Gotta luv a $1.00 basket...always good to have on hand when a last minute gift basket needs to be made!
What a stinkin cute little birdie from the DOLLAR TREE...I just might paint him!
$1.00 finials...think I will paint these too!
I found this Dept.56 FISH ornament at TJ Maxx for $2.00...it will look just beachy on my COASTAL Christmas Tree!
Well what's a thrifty gal to do? The first issue of FLEA MARKET STYLE magazine just came out and the price tag is $9.95...now I don't know about you, but I thought that was a bit steep...soooo off to Wally World I go...they discount their magazines and $8.95 was still not great, but I had to have this issue!
I came back to the condo and fixed me a glass of ice tea and out to my swing I went to read it from front to back...boy I'm sure glad that I broke down and purchased it...it's full of fabulous ideas and my favorite was the article about "CANTON"...you see that's where I did most of my shopping for my antiques business...now I have the "CANTON FEVER"...I can see a ladies road trip in the near future!

37 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
You look so relaxed reading your new magazine. The location looks perfect!
Congrats on the successful party and thanks again for hosting.
Jane

alice said...

Hey Linda,
Your goodies look a clean & cheap! Good on you! I really am soooooooooooo jealous fo your perch! Love the view. Lucky duck!! Thanks for being the hostess with the mostest!
smiles, alice

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Awww, such a sweet little birdie you found. The Dept. 56 fish made me laugh. I've never seen one of those.

And yes, I'm jealous of your relaxing beach view too! I am so ready for some beach weather after the really ccccccold winter we have had here in Florida.

Donna said...

Linda,
You do look comfortable reading your new magazine! I purchased mine last week... love it!
I love your finials! I purchased a couple of the little birds at the Dollar Tree too!
Thanks for hosting!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Wonderful treasures, but I like your balcony's view the most. No, I covet it. And your luscious warm weather. Enjoy it for all of us.

Diann said...

Hey Linda!

I just bought those finials yesterday at the dollar store too! I was going to get the birds, I still might. But, I got the roosters.

So, wish I could join you there relaxing on a beautiful day!

deb said...

You found some great goodies! I got the birds and dollar tree too! LOL I have yet to find Flea Market Style...you lucky duck! My Walmart didn't have, still on the look out. Have a great week!
*hugs*deb

Anny said...

That wicker basket is darling :)

Michelle said...

Cute bamboo basket...I can see lots of potential for that. Thanks for hosting! :o)

Blue Creek Home said...

I love the fish. And the little bird is real cute. Someone justposted those. They silver leafed them to look like mercury glass.
I agree with the cost of the magazine, but I enjoyed it too.
Rhonda

Angie said...

Great stuff! My HL needs to put the clearance to 90% off too!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog and letting me know about your link party! Just want to let you know your "here" link is broken.

Allison @ http://www.houseofhepworths.com/

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Hi Linda, you got some great bargains, but I especially love the HL finials.....can't wait to see them painted H.White! How fortunate for you to live so close to the beautiful ocean! Linda

René said...

Thanks so much for hosting Linda!

Have a great week!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Well I'm all linked up! Love the little bird. I didn't know Hobby Lobby had a 90% off table. I'll have to go check it out! Thanks for tell me about this party.
Kelly

TexNan said...

Wow! Canton's even farther for you than me, and I've not been in years. Can't make me! (I do enough damage driving around town.)

Funny, I have a couple of items you've shown: the first whatchamacallit and the bird. Great minds and all that. ;^)

Suzanne said...

Love that fish ornament -- he's definitely my favorite, but you definitely found some great deals!
- Suzanne
Just Another Hang Up

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! Sorry I'm late to the party...spending time with my new little grandson! I love your thrifty finds! I think I must head over to $ Tree for those finials! Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Pat Harris said...

I love the fish! What character it has. I just found your blog via Dragonfly Treasures. Love it. I'll be back soon. Pat

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hi Linda, those are some great finds. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Angie said...

I was going to buy Flea Market Style, too, until I saw it was so much. Kinda steep for a magazine, huh! I bought the same birdie at DT...love him! Sure wish I was sitting by a beach right now!

Hugs ~ Angie

Darlene said...

Morning Linda,

What great finds at HL! You have the PERFECT spot for reading that great magazine. How fabulous! Enjoy your day.

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks for hosting Linda. This is my 2nd time around and I am having so much fun! Everyone is so talented. You look so relaxed there girl! Enjoy your day! Be blessed. Cindy

Jamie said...

What fun! Don't you just love the 90% at HL? I got a great birdie candle holder there that I plan to put out when I take the St Pat's stuff down. I need to go hit Dollar Tree for some of those darling birdies to go with it!
Love your perch for reading! I am too stinkin' far from the beach here.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

GOSH DARN IT LINDA!
I posted about my yard sale finds yesterday and I should have waited to join your party today!!!! What's wrong with me????
I'm so off schedule, a day late and a dollar short! tee hee!
Anyway, I'm lovin' all these thrifty finds on everyone's blog. Maybe I'll catch the next one. Shame on ME!!!!!
ps...you look sooo relaxing out on your balcony...the LIFE!

Rettabug said...

Don't you look comfy out there on the balcony with shorts & a tank top!! I've got sweats, wooly socks & the furnace up to 72º today. LOL
Trade ya' places! :)

Great little finds you've got, too. I ♥ the finials. Sure wish our treasure haunts had such cool stuff. :/

Thanks for hosting the party today.
fondly,
Rett

Beth at Aunties said...

I adore your view and swing to relax on. Oh spring and summer days really are coming in our neck of the woods ...but are taking their sweet time to arrive.
Nice finds for a great price!
Thank you for hosting this new party!
Beth~♥

Jenni said...

Oh how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby here! :) You found some fun things from there and the dollar store bird is cute! I am definitely going to have to splurge on that magazine, too. :)

Have a beautiful day!

The Smith Hotel said...

Having fun-love looking at everyone's thrifty finds! Love meeting new people that love a good deal like myself!

Jeni G said...

Okay! I'm heading to dollartree after work to grab some of those adorable birds.

Mary Ann said...

Found your blog today and started following it. I use a little do ra me

Heidi said...

HI Linda,
Well, better late than never, I just joined the party and the day is half over. But I will remember you next week!
You got some great deals there, I just love a good bargain!
Thanks for hosting, stop by for a visit sometime.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Looks like you and I got some of the same sweet little birds at Dollar Tree! Thanks for hosting the party...it's so much fun to see all the creativity roaming around out there!

Blessings, Grace

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Linda, you look like you are a thrifty nifty kind of gal! That magazine does look nice, should be at the price right!!~ One of these days I will jump in on your party, I have to find a bargain first:)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great bargains! I love HL and DT!!

I also bit the bullet and bought the Flea Market Style mag! I also bought it at Walmart to save a few pennies!

Katherine

Sharon said...

Ok...I want a patio and warm weather so I can sit out side and read a magazine. I am so jealous of your warm weather. All the snow has melted and I now can think spring. Love all your treasures.

Sue said...

I just want to be reading on that balcony...the view, perfection!

Related Posts with Thumbnails