Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Look At The Beach

While spending time at the condo and soaking up the beauty of it all...I just can't stop myself from changing the decor in the condo...one day Mr.CC is going to tell me NO...but that hasn't happen yet...thank goodness! We bought this condo 6 1/2 years ago and have done so many changes to it over the years...new carpet...tile...sofa...side chairs...entertainment center...bed...bedding(I have changed the bedding several times)...all the light fixtures and lamps...outdoor balcony furniture(several times)...artwork(several times)...area rugs...added beadboard in the hallway and have painted every room but one...master bedroom has stayed the same...but not for long...I'm planning on painting it soon! So what has changed? The kitchen color...it was painted a very cool shade of RED and I dearly loved it, but I wanted a new look in there...sooooo the paint brushes came out! I decided to paint it the same chocolate color that I painted in my kitchen at home and I LOVE it! Here are some after pics(can't find any before pics)...tell me what you think!The "S" plate was painted by one of my daughters as a Christmas gift to me.This CUTE little nest was found at a new upscale shop last week for only $2.00...the owners mother was working for her while she was set up at a local Spring Garden Show...soooo...while she was gone...her mother was marking down and selling me items at GARAGE SALE prices...I was in HEAVEN!A Dollar Tree "BIRD"!She sold me two cute little BEACH signs for $1.00 each!Aren't they cute?A dozen limes were $2.00...this sweet lady is my new BFF!

I will joining Leigh@Tales From Bloggeritaville for some THRIFTIN FUN...drop by and join us!
I'm also going over to Gay's place...come by and check out her COOL PARTY!
Come by and check out what's going on over at Melissa's place too!The Girl Creative
Kate is having her FIRST party...go by and join her at

27 comments:

Gay Vaughan said...

Linda, it is beautiful! Do you rent your condo? Just wondering...I haven't made any reservations for our summer yet.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I love the chocolate color - and your condo must be a wonderful place to be ...I love and miss the ocean!

Love the Decor! said...

LOVE THAT CHOCOLATE COLOR!! IT LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT LOL!!

Creations By Cindy said...

I LOVE the chocolate! And I am so jealous you are there...enjoying the rays and the beauty! Just kidding! Love ya and be blessed. Cindy

alice said...

Well my bff is hersheys! So I love your kitchen color!! Boy you found some great buys.
smiles, alice

Jane said...

I love the color...it's the same color I painted my guest room. It really makes your accessories pop!
Hope you're soaking up the sun!!
Jane

The Smith Hotel said...

I love Chocolate! Wow~great finds~just wonder if she got in trouble from her daughter later on!

Jody

Unknown said...

Really l-o-ve it!!!

Gave me confidence too! I've been delaying painting upstairs with the chocolate paint I've already bought!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Oh I love it!! It looks fabulous!! I LOVE the nest!!

That color is so warm and inviting!!

Lou Cinda :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love it painted brown! And I really like the star. It really pops against the brown background. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the brown walls. Makes all the white pop!

Sandra said...

I am visiting for New Friend Friday...I like the new brown color...unexpected for a beach house...it seems like most beach places are all blue...but I like it in brown. Love all your bargains too!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Yep, loving it! That little "S" plate would sure look cute in my house! :-)

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Sawdust Girl said...

Ohh, The chocolate brown is not a color I would have thought of for a kitchen-but I like! Visiting from New Friend Friday, nice to meet you.

The Old White Barn said...

I am so glad I found you! What great ideas. Stopping by from New Friend Friday! I'm looking forward to following you.
Susan
www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It looks great - love the wall color :)

And those limes are a steal!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That's a friday favorite... come on by the ♥Linky party♥!

Kifus said...

You have made an outstanding job in your kitchen. A brown wall is quite unusual but it looks neat and I really like it!

Happy Easter Linda!

Kate said...

Thanks, Linda for joining my first party and making a mention on your post... I feel so special! :) I LOVE that litte nest you scored for only $2! Darling! The kitchen makeover looks great! xoxo

Stephanie - My Frugal Lifestyle said...

What an amazing blog you have here! I'm your newest follower now :) Hope you have time to stop by mine!

Stephanie from My Frugal Lifestyle
myfrugallifestyle.blogspot.com

Gay Vaughan said...

It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing and bringing your hodgepodge to my party. I love seeing what you are up to. Hope to see you again.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Linda -- about tablescape...

I posted a comment response, but if you are like me...I could never keep up with subscribing to all comments!!!

I just picked up the white plates on clearance at TJMaxx a couple of weeks ago....good luck!!!

-Tenneil
www.dirtyhands-beautifullife.blogspot.com

le Chef said...

New Friend Follower.
I LOVE the whole beachy feel. I've done my house the same way, and I'm driving my husband crazy because I can't stop myself. i have a favorite little shop too. I think I'm supporting them all by myself.

Melissa said...

I love the color! I painted my kitchen a shade lighter and I love it! Love all the thrifty accessories!

Joyce said...

I love the little beach sign and the color of your condo walls. We have a beach house and it is a constant work in progress. This year we are deciding to put an addition on the house. Husbands idea so I can't complain. I love the beach and wish I could live there 24/7.
Joyce

FrouFrouBritches said...

That looks great! What color paint is that? It's the color I want for my bathroom! I love the limes! They are such a gorgeous color. Funny how something as simple as a bowl of limes can make me so happy.

Pearl Maple said...

Fun colour scheme and you really have done well thiw the beach theme. Lucky finds with the nest, it is a cutie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails