Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunday Brunch At Blue Creek Home and Paris Porcelain

What a wonderful time Mr.CC and I had at a Sunday brunch at BLUE CREEK HOME. Rhonda and I have been visiting with each other thru our blogs for about 18 months now...so when Mr.CC and I planned a trip to the lake for a few days...we both knew it was time to meet up face to face. When I told Rhonda where we would be staying...she couldn't believe that we were only a mile from her home, so she offered to have us over for a Sunday brunch. Her daughter Alex loves to cook and we love to eat, so with that said, we were happy to try out all the delicious food that she whipped up for us. Now this girl is one outstanding cook, everything was sooooo good...looking forward to getting that awesome breakfast casserole recipe. Rhonda and her husband Al are both lovely people and Mr.CC and I felt like we had known them forever. All of us are HUGE AUBURN TIGERS FANS, so really we are already family (if you are not in the Auburn family...then you probably don't understand this). I'm hoping that all of us can get together in the Fall for some good ole AUBURN tailgating...know that will be a lot of FUN! Oh yes...I got to meet Rhonda's darling little grandson Mason...he is just a doll! I have been enjoying seeing all the cute pics of him on Rhonda's blog, so when I found out that he would there, I was really excited. Blue Creek Home is beautiful on her blog, but it's even prettier in person...Rhonda has great taste and a talent for decorating and it shows. Last week at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS, I told all of you about her new thrifty party and I hope you all got a chance to go by and party with her...so speaking about this new party...today I'm going over there and sharing my new thrifty treasure...it's my "Paris Porcelain" vase. I found this vase at garage sale last Saturday, with it's $5.00 price tag, I knew she was mine! I have found one a lot like mine on e-bay for $40.00, so I pleased with my purchase. Do you own any "Paris Porcelain"?  This is my first piece, but it just might not be my last one. Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays is still going on and you can link up here.
                                                 Happy that you came by
                                                   and I hope you have a
                                                              fun day,
                                                               Linda

                        I wasn't kidding...look at this beautiful mantel display at
                                                BLUE CREEK HOME!
                                Love this display of seashells and antlers...want to
                                 see more? Hop on over for a visit and please tell
                                               Rhonda that I said HELLO!
                                            If I say so myself...I think she is
                                                  soooooo PRETTY!!!
                                                Just look at all her details!

                                        Here she is with a few vintage napkins
                                               that I also found at the same
                                                          garage sale.
                                      I always like adding more napkins to my
                                                           collection.
Linking up here...
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Show and Tell
Open House Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff
Transformations and Treasures
Catch a Glimpse Party
Thrifty Things Friday
Frugal Friday
Show and Tell Fridays
Saturday Nite Special

35 comments:

Donnie said...

Isn't it fun to meet up with our cyber friends. Loved her mantle and I think your french porcelain is gorgeous.

Judy said...

I love Rhonda's mantel, so pretty! We three really need to plan to meet up in Auburn this fall, that would be so much fun.

Leaving for the lake Friday, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

XOXO!
Judy

reFresh reStyle said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! We are Huge Auburn Fans too! We will be spending a lot of time in the area this year!
War Eagle,
Debbie

Tammy said...

How wonderful to have meet a blogging friend in person. I am glad you had good food and great company. Her mantel is just beautiful.
Have a terrific week!
Oh and the vase is beautiful.
smiles...Tammy

laxsupermom said...

How fun! That's fantastic that she invited you to Easter brunch! I love meeting up with other bloggers. Beautiful vase and napkins! Thanks for sharing.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Linda love your new find and I am already a happy follower of Rhonda's blog. I LOVE LOVE her mantel! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, Martina

Shellbelle said...

Antlers and seashells, that's a first for me! Rhonda is so creative and such a sweetie, I'm so glad ya'll had a chance to met. Blogging friends are the BEST!

P.S. Loved the pic of Mason from Easter, so cute!

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

That is so fun that you got to meet! Love that vase!

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

The best part of blogging is getting to know people.. how nice you got to meet up in person. I love your vase.. you got a great deal.

Blondie's Journal said...

How wonderful that you got to meet Rhonda...I have been following her blog for a long time! Maybe you two can go thrifting together sometime!

I LOVE your vase, the details are gorgeous! You really have a knack for finding lovely pieces!

Hope you have a great week!

XO,
Jane

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

that seashell display speaks to my heart...haha Beautiful!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, How fun you and Rhonda got to meet. She lives in the same town as my MIL and I hope we can get together next time we visit Alabama. Your vase and vintage napkins are lovely.
Hugs,
Sherry

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful vase! I love meeting bloggy friends. I have made some awesome friends here in blogland.

Unknown said...

I love the piece hanging above the mantle! Architectural items are my fav...Stop by The Cranky Queen and enter The Mother's Day Giveaway! Tiff

Blue Creek Home said...

Dear, Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful, complimentary post about Blue Creek Home. Alex says thank you too.
I read through it fast - I am a wreck right now. The tornado's in Tuscaloosa and B'ham happening right now have me broken hearted. I am afraid it is all headed right toward several family members towns. So far we have only had strong winds.
I know that you are praying-it looks like this monster came real close to Alabama's campus. I can't imagine watching this mile wide monster heading for Auburn knowing that our babies are there.
Sorry for being so emotional - I just feel so helpless watching this devastation live on tv.

I am going to read back over your post slowly and savor every word when all of this is over.

Rhonda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
How wonderful to spend time with a blogging friend. I love her beautiful mantel.

Your pretty porcelain vase is so pretty and because it's french makes it even more so!

hugs
Sissie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

How fun to meet another blogger face to face! Love her mantel!! You found some lovely items.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

I just recently found out about Paris porcelain and loved seeing your piece. I think I see a new collection on my horizon. :)

Vicki said...

This Paris porcelain is new to me. I love the piece you found and what a bargain! So fun that you got to meet Rhonda. I'm off to check out her blog.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I love the mantle vignette, & your French porcelain piece is beautiful.
CAS

Low Tide High Style said...

How fun that you got to meet up with Rhonda, you can tell from her blog that she is a lovely person! And I love your porcelain, it's so pretty!

Kat :)

Shirley said...

I am so glad that you got to meet your blogging friend. It is so much fun to share time with you. I pray that everything is fine with her family and the tornadoes has been so bad this year. We were lucky, but others weren't. Homes are replaceable, people not. Have a great day. A Missouri Friend.

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

I feel like I was eaves dropping but I hope the tornadoes have calmed down. My best friend lived in a vulnerable zone for awhile. It is always fun to visit a fellow blogger.
Au revoir
Caroline

Simple Daisy said...

OOh...it's so very beautiful!!
and so lucky to meet up with fellow bloggers!!!
ps...i'm having a little give-away on my blog! Stop on over if you have a minute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! OH, that is one beautiful piece and I love those pretty linens too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

michelle said...

I am so glad that you were able to meet up with her, what a fun day! Her mantel is gorgeous, love the seashells and the carousel horse is gorgeous.
Have a Happy Mothers Day Linda and a great weekend!
XO

Anonymous said...

I am never sure where all my bloggy friends are from, often just general areas, but I worried about many during these horrible storms.
I read Rhondas version of the get together and it sounded as if all had a wonderful time.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, I wanted to drop by again to say thank you for joining my party.
Hugs,
Sherry

A Vintage Vine said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing..Hoping you and your family are o.k., in wake of the tornado's...Let us know how you are doing?

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!

Aren't you lucky to have met up with a fellow blogger and eat together. Nothing better! I hope one day, I can do the same. Not many of us out this way.

Rhonda' mantel is beyond gorgeous. Love the architectural wall hanging and shells! mmmm
You found a real treasure. I've not heard of it, but now I'll probably see it around.

Hope you guys are all doing well your way. I was watching the news this morning.

XO,
~Michelle

Olive said...

I run into Paris porcelain sometimes and this is a pretty piece. I am so glad you got to meet Rhonda. That mantle is lovely. ♥O

All That Glitters said...

Linda, I'm just checking to make sure you are alright!
Sending prayers,
Jennifer

Diann said...

How fun to have the chance to meet up with a blogging buddy! Your vase is gorgeous! What a prett find. Thanks for joining TTF. Have a great weekend Linda!

Susan in SC said...

How fun!!

Noble Vintage said...

I love that piece. so pretty! Rhonda's mantle is definitely some inspiration. Love the piece above it.
thanks so much for sharing this at Transformations and Treasures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails