Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.60

Oh my...what a wonderful Easter we had here at COASTAL CHARM...hope all of you had a blessed Easter too. Both of my daughters were here with us and that made for a special time...I love it when the four of us can be together and hang out. Did any of you get out and do some thriftin'? Mary Claire and I hit a couple of garage sales Saturday morning on our way to the flea market. Our purpose on going to the flea market was to buy 10...yes 10 ferns for Haley's wedding...when our florist told me that he rented his ferns for $15 each...I knew then that I would be buying them from the garden man for only $10 each...then when the wedding is over...I will be giving them to friends and family. My mom and sister are helping me out by keeping two each until the wedding...thank you ladies...this is a huge help! I thought I would share with you some of my THRIFTY flowers that I posted last week at NTT with you today...they are all planted and looking good. I also bought a few more plants at the flea market...sent some home with Mary Claire for her condo and added the rest around here. Now about my luck that I had at the garage sales...I found a pretty "Paris Porcelain" vase...vintage 50's tablecloth...a bamboo easel and some pretty white vintage linen luncheon napkins to add to my collection. Okay now it's time to see what you have to share this week...so link right up...then fix you a tall glass of lemonade and visit around with the other party gals here at NTT. Now you all know that a party is NO FUN...unless you mingle around and meet some new friends...so go on and have some FUN...now do be sure to tell them that you found them at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...thanks ladies:)
                                               Thanks so much for coming
                                                and I hope to see you here
                                                              again,
                                                              Linda
Some of my Home Depot 49 cents plants looking good
here on my patio!
Here we have even more of them!
A little VINTAGE CHARM added here.
   Some of my FLEA MARKET beauties!
Cost...$6.00!!!

   One of my all time favorite flowers...what
  a pretty shade of PINK!!!


     I'm a BIG fan of window boxes? How about you?
  I have them on all my front windows.

                                             I really feel good about the deal
                                            that I got on these ferns...not bad
                                                          for only $10!!!
               
                              
                               Hoping this $4 bamboo easel will come in handy
                                        for one of Haley's bridal pics at her
                                                         wedding.
                             Adding more vintage tablecloths to my collection.
                                                  Price tag...$3.00!!
Let's take a close-up look!
P.S. Looking for the pics of my
"Paris Porcelain" piece?
If so, check back with me
later this week...it's
so worth the wait!
****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.

Linking up here...
Wow Us Wednesdays
Anything Goes
Whassup Wednesday

52 comments:

Diann said...

Linda, your flowers are all so beautiful! And I think that was a great deal on the ferns. They are so nice and big and full! And I love your new vintage tablecloth! I am always adding to my collection when I find them at great prices. Glad you and your family had a wonderful Easter!

Screaming Sardine said...

So glad you had a wonderful Easter! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers. Not too many of those around here yet; we still have snow on the ground in places.

Thanks for having a link party!

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

No fair!!! Still to cool here!
I want flowers too!!!!

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

Oh I can't wait to plant flowers here! We aren't safe to plant til the end of May.....

Thanks for hosting!

Brandi said...

Your yard looks great Linda! Glad you enjoyed a nice day with your family!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oh, Linda, your flowers are gorgeous. I love the window boxes! What a deal on the ferns...very thrifty!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your flowers look beautiful Linda and I too love window boxes!! Martina

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Gorgeous flowers, I've just come back from a week away and had to do some emergency CPR on my hanging baskets! I think they may just make it ;-)

laxsupermom said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! And those ferns are so full and beautiful! Love that you got them for less than the rental. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this party each week.

Sue said...

Those ferns are gorgeous and such a great price! I'm glad you had your girls with you for Easter. It is so rare for the 4 of us to be together since my daughter only gets home once a year:(. When we go to her, my son stays here working. She is coming home the week of Mother's Day this year, so I'll have them both at once. I can't think of a better gift!

Blue Creek Home said...

I love window boxes too. I only have a small one on the front and as of now, it has nothing in it.
I have plans to replace it with a larger box - one that I took down from the dining room - and fill it up with... don't know!!! I love how you mixed up your plants. They are lovely.
Smart decision to purchase ferns. They are huge for $10.00!
We got your sweet card. Thanks!
Rhonda

Olive said...

Linda, you are wise and generous to buy the ferns. Your window boxes are beautiful and I love the vintage table cloth. Thanks bunches for hosting. hugs♥olive

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, those ferns are huge. You did good. I love window boxes and don't have one. Thanks for hosting.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Linda, I need to go shopping with you. Your pots, baskets, planters, and window boxes are looking lovely, my friend! Congrats on your win @ Kara's :D (although I posted you don't need it because your blog is already gorgeous~ Ha!)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love all your pretties, I haven't planted yet. You've inspired me to get busy! Thanks for the party Linda!
Hope your week is wonderful!

Donnie said...

That is going to be a beautiful wedding. Those ferns are gorgeous. Loved all your flowers and that tablecloth is so bright and colorful.

Sue said...

I'm lovin' all the colors from your flowers, Linda. Still too early for putting out my pots. Ohio could get a cold snap any time! LOL I did buy some ferns for $10 at Kroger. They do the best of any I've ever had. And that includes from the florist, where they are three times as much. Thanks for hosting, once again. I just love to see all the finds everyone comes up with!
hugs, Sue

bj said...

Beautiful...
Thanks so much for sharing and for hosting this fun meme.
xo bj

Susan said...

Linda, I love all your plants! They are beautiful!

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Linda ~ I am lovin' your beautiful planters, especially since it's still cold here and we are expecting rain and snow showers tonight. Would someone please remind our weatherman that it is almost May! I love that vintage table cloth too. Thanks for a wonderful and inspirational party!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh your flower baskets are so lovely. I love spring for all the blooms we can now enjoy.

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
Your flowers look gorgeous and I think you got a great deal on the ferns! Glad you had a great weekend...hope you have a wonderful week.
Jane

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Linda Your garden and that watering can look amazing! Thank You for hosting ths evening.....Julian

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your flowers are so pretty, Linda! And now...I am curious about your paris porcelain! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Pam Kessler said...

I love all your window boxes. I have none, but now I'm wanting some. Those ferns are huge!

Diane said...

Your flowers are simply gorgeous! And you are smart to buy those ferns rather than renting them.

Thanks so much for hosting your fun party. I always enjoy it!

very merry vintage style said...

Those ferns are HUGE! So pretty.. love the pink geraniums too. Thanks for hosting!
Mary

Here On Crow Creek said...

Your flowers are beautiful Linda!! Those ferns are huge and I love window boxes also. I have petunias in my window box under my kitchen sink and I love them!

Jenni said...

Your flowers are so beautiful! I love how you have so many window boxes, too. Someday I plan on doing that! I think they are so charming. :) And your finds are true treasures~ that tablecloth is darling!

I didn't know your daughter was getting married~ that is so exciting! Congratulations! :)

I am so glad you and your family were able to spend Easter together, and I hope you have a good night. :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Cassie Bustamante said...

thanks for hosting! those flowers are beautiful!

Lindy said...

Your flowers are beautiful -- great colors! Don't you just love this time of year!

deb said...

Beautiful Flowers! I have always wanted flower boxes.
Great price on those gorgeous ferns! They're huge!
*hugs*deb

Farica said...

Love, love, love your windowboxes!! I would like to have some of those. Your home is lovely!! Thanks for hosting another great party!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, The ferns are wonderful and they look so healthy. All of your plants are beautiful and I especially like the window boxes. Thanks for hosting.
xo,
Sherry

Unknown said...

glad that snow's hibernated already. time for showing an array of beautiful blooms...too many beautiful plants you got there.

http://www.diyandmore.com/?p=453

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

I cannot wait to start planting here in Montreal. We are still not out of the danger of frost. Our planting season starts Victoria day weekend May 23th. Your flowers are beautiful and I love, love window boxes have several myself. Thanks for hosting and sharing
Au revoir
Caroline

Donna said...

Linda,
Love your finds ...especially the tablecloth! The ferns will be beautiful for the wedding and then to use later! Your thrifty flowers are looking great!
Hugs
Donna

Caroline said...

Your plants are beautiful...still too cold here in Ontario...however slowly my tulips are coming up.

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Just wanted to say that when you copy & paste your button for your Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays in your top right hand corner, it doesn't work when copy & pasted into a blog post.

Love your flowers!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm loving all your plants!! Gorgeous! Love fern, I have a few inside and they look wonderful! Thank you for hosting and here I am at your nice party, I'm so excited! I'm also your newest follower...hope you come by and follow too as I'd be thrilled!
HUGS
FABBY

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Linda, your flowers are so pretty! I have window boxes in our new house but wasn't sure where to begin with them. I'm totally intimidated by them for some reason, but seeing yours is very inspirational! Maybe I'll tackle them this weekend! Thanks for sharing and also for hosting this weekly party. I'm happy to participate this week!

Rettabug said...

Hi Linda!
Great finds & smart move on getting your OWN ferns!! They are HUGE!! Will look awesome for the wedding, too.

I didn't get out to shop much last week...too busy cooking & setting up for Easter, so I don't have anything to show or participate with, but I will have fun seeing everybodys deals.

Thanks for doing NT every week!
fondly,
Rett

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You've dressed your flower boxes beautifully!

Erin said...

I do love flower boxes and haven't had any at this house(it's been almost 5 years?!?), but had them at my old house. Your flowers are super gorgeous and those ferns were a steal! Thanks for hosting and having me Linda!

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

LOVING your fab flower boxes!! I wish I could do them, but in our community - I can't. But I do still do containers. Yours looks lovely! Great color and composition!

Great party as well - LOVE the Repurposed Basket for a Lightfixture idea! Thanks for hosting!! xo And hope you enJOYed a Happy Easter.

:D Lynda

Unknown said...

Linda,
Your flowers look so beautiful. The ferns look so healthly.
I am linking up here at Costal Charm for the first time.
Thanks for hosting.
Michele

All That Glitters said...

Wonderful deal on your ferns!!! Your flowers are gorgeous!!

Blue Velvet Chair said...

Wow Linda - great price on those beautiful ferns. That would cost a fortune here in Sweden. I found my dream chandelier 2nd hand recently and am so happy with my refurbished diva. Hope you'll check her out at link #183.
Michael
bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to spend time as a family this Easter! Thank you again for hostessing.

Becky from Florida said...

I love all of your flower plantings. I am doing the same in my yard, except here in Florida I have to water them everyday. So this year I am looking for more tolerant flowers.

Nice flea market finds! I also collect vintage tablecloths. Love them!

Anonymous said...

your flowers look so healthy and cheerful. Hopefully they will attract butterflies. Great way to keep your ferns in the shade - hanging them from a tree, wonderful idea! I actually separated my boston fern and put parts in the ground and another part in an urn. They spread so quickly. Interesting easel too - so many possibilities, I really like that!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love your pretty flowers Linda! All linked up- thanks for hosting! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails