Thursday, April 14, 2011

Her First Bridal Shower

On Saturday April 2, Haley had her first bridal shower at my best friends home...it was a bridal brunch and what a perfect theme, since she loves breakfast foods. The shower was hosted by five dear friends of ours and just let me say, these gals had an awesome spread of delicious food for all the guests. The day was a beautiful Spring day here on the gulf coast and just perfect for a party. Haley received a lot of wonderful gifts from family and friends...I think about 35 gifts came home with us...you should just see my dining room...full to the max. I was really looking forward to her first shower for weeks and two days before it, I got SICK! I was so upset, I just could not miss my daughters first shower and I didn't. I went feeling really bad, it lasted about an hour and then while she was opening her gifts, I started to feel okay (my prayers had been answered). Now remember I was sick when you see pics of me...it was for sure...not my best day. My friends sent food home with me, since I couldn't eat a bite while I was there. I sure hope I'm in good health next month, when she has the next shower...it will be a couples shower. We have had a little bit of a break from the wedding planning, but I think we better get going with a few more details soon...it will be here before we know it.
                                             Thanks for the visit and I
                                                   hope you have a
                                                     wonderful day,
                                                            Linda
                                        It's so hard to believe how fast the
                                            last 24 years have come and
                                                  gone...I have a child
                                                     getting married!
                    Thank you ladies for hosting this wonderful bridal brunch
                                              for my sweet Haley!
                             *The shower was at the home of my best
                               friend Lisa (I'm standing next to her...just
                               look at that tiny waist...she only has SIX
                                           children...just not fair).
                                              They had everything looking
                                                      so pretty...love all
                                                              silver!
                                              Yummy...Yummy food!!!!



                                 Here she received some of her casual china,
                                         love this pattern...it's from PB.
                                                                                          

                                            I'm sure she will use this often!


                                        Now this platter would look really
                                        good in my kitchen...just the right
                                                          colors!

                                         Her beautiful Waterford crystal!
                                                       How cute!!!
                           A gift from me...it's part of her casual china from PB!
                                              Another gift from MOM!!!

                               She loves anything monogrammed...just like Mom!
                                       She had so much fun celebrating her
                                               upcoming wedding with
                                                   family and friends.
          
                            Family pic...me, Haley, Grandma and my sister...just
                                                     a tad bit sunny!!!!
                       
                                       Yes...my best friends house looks just
                                              a little bit different from mine!
                                                    It's for sure a true
                                                     Southern Home!! 

 
Haley was so excited that three of her bridesmaids were able to come
because they all live out of town.
*The blonde (far left) is her future sis-in-law*

NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS is still going on...click
here and link up, also be sure to enter my current giveaway.

Linking up here...
Show and Tell
Show and Share
Strut Your Stuff

54 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

awww, so sorry you were sick! How awful!
wonderful pictures! Haley is going to be a beautiful bride.
I love get togethers!
Jamie is having another shower (in n'ville) this weekend. Fun for sure!
gail

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Looks like she had a wonderful shower! How fun for both of you! I love the idea of a brunch. I'm a breakfast food lover too. Thanks for sharing!

A Vintage Vine said...

Even though you were not feeling well you look great!!! Hayley is beautiful....just like MOMMA! My oldest is 20, can't believe how fast life goes by!!! Have fun with all this "wedding stuff"...keep us posted, I love reading about this!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

How very nice!!
Your daughter is beautiful!!!

At The Picket Fence said...

I sure wish I looked as fantastic when I'm sick as you did there! :-) What a very special event filled with memories you will always treasure...except for the being sick part. LOL! Your daughter is just lovely and this made me flash back to my own days as a bride-to-be and also flash forward to being the mother-of-the-bride someday...sigh...goes too fast!
Vanessa

Gypsea Nurse said...

How wonderful... I have goosebumps!!! She looks so happy!!!
Sending warm wedding wishes~
Smiles~
Cricket

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Linda, you still look beautiful! Even when you were sick! Looks like it was a wonderful shower! I know you are getting so excited in anticipation of the big day!

Your daughter is beautiful and will be such a stunning bride!

Hope you are feeling better :)

Lou Cinda

Anne said...

What a nice shower! Aren't they fun? Your daughter is so lovely!

Cap Creations said...

Looks like everything turned out great! Love your daughter's dress by the way!

Karen said...

A really nice shower and beautiful gifts. Best Wishes to your daughter and I hope you are better.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a lovely shower! Everything looked beautiful (including sick YOU). Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Now, you shouldn't have told us you were sick because I never would have guessed it. You were all glowing! The shower was beautiful and so sweet that you could share it at your best friends home. Haley received some wonderful gifts. I'm sure you're right on the crock-pot! A real marriage lifesaver :) Pray you all stay healthy for the next couple months. Haley is going to be a beautiful bride! Enjoy this time!
XO,
Michelle

Blue Creek Home said...

What a beautiful shower! Everyone looks so pretty including you!! I hate you didn't feel well.

Rhonda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, what fun. I remember going through all that with my daughter in 2006. Time flies. Love your dress. My daughter's everyday dishes are white from PB, too. Good taste your daughter has.

Rhiannon said...

amazing gifts and the food looks so good!

Tammy said...

What beautiful pictures....everyone looks lovely. Your daughter is just so pretty.
I am sure she will love all those wonderful gifts...Hope you are feeling much better you couldn't tell in the photos...you look like a proud mom.
smilse...Tammy

Erin said...

Well if this is how you look not feeling well, you do it with beauty, and I can only imagine a good day! Love that monogrammed piece, beautiful!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, How fun! I have been eyeing the PB pitcher for myself. It looks like Haley had a good time and got lots of great gifts. Love your dress!
Hugs,
Sherry

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
You look pretty and I can see where your daughter gets her pretty looks too! What a lovely affair for the bride. She got lots of wonderful gifts too. I wish her the very best.

hugs
Sissie

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! I hope you were able to relive the good moments through your pictures. This looks so elegant and fun! Haley received so many beautiful gifts!

We are planning a shower for my future DIL. Fun but stressful. She is getting three showers and this is from our side of the family. I am SO looking forward to this wedding!

XO,
Jane

Farica said...

Love all of her gifts, especially the monogrammed ones!! Looks like a fabulous bridal shower. How exciting!!

Little Penpen said...

Oh what fun! Your daughter received some wonderful things!! And your best friend's home is gorgeous and yes, she has a tiny waist.... but you look SUPER CUTE in that little blue dress!

Leigh said...

Looks like a beautiful day! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving me a nice comment!
--Leigh

Simple Daisy said...

Oh how terrible you were sick:( But everything looked really beautiful and she looks like she had a wonderful time!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So sorry you were sick but happy it cleared up while you were there. Your daughter recieved so many nice things, love the PB dinnerware and also her shoes:)

Rondell

Sherri said...

What a beautiful shower! I felt the same you do 3 yrs. ago when my daughters got married the same year 4 months apart.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Enjoy every step along the way. Believe me . . . It will fly by!
I'll be following along :-)

michelle said...

What a beautiful party and her gifts are gorgeous! I loved the picture of your family together like that and you looked beautiful, I love that dress.
I hope you are feeling better.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a lovely shower! Sorry you were sick but glad you made it anyway! Your daughter is beaming! hugs, Linda

Lori said...

Love the picture of her alone in the chair with a tiny piece of ribbon underneath on the floor. So fun, enjoy!

Simply Domestic said...

What a beautiful shower! Haley is beautiful. I love the dress she's wearing. She received some awesome gifts!

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Lovely shower.. your daughter is a cutie..congrats. she really got some nice gifts

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your daughter is precious and the shower was beautiful as well. I hate you were sick. But it looks like you made the best of it. I know you all are so excited about the wedding. Your dress is so pretty!!! Love & blessings from NC!

pve design said...

Best wishes to you and your daughter. What a beautiful shower!
Pop over and see my illustration, all about April Showers!!
pve

pve design said...

Oh, and you look radiant too!!! Love all those pretty dresses.
pve

Pam Kessler said...

Your daughter looks so happy! And I think you look wonderful. I would not have known you weren't feeling well if you had not told us. Such an exciting time for you!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely occasion. Haley received some beautiful things. Looks like a wonderful day was had, and you all look lovely too. Hope you are feeling much better Linda.

x

Low Tide High Style said...

What a wonderful shower, it took me back to one of my own bridal showers, the table and food looked almost exactly the same! Your daughter did get some wonderful things that she will treasure for a lifetime! And I hope you are feeling all better now, but you still looked beautiful in the pictures!!!

Kat :)

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Love this post! It brought back memories of my own bridal showers on the Coast, 15 years ago! I loved all the coastal inspired dishes with the shells, crabs, etc. Your daughter looks beautiful and like she's enjoying every minute of this special time. Glad you were able to make it through the party and feel better.

Envious of that sunshine!!!

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a lovely day. The brunch looks so, so nice. I am having a nervous breakdown because my oldest daughter is graduating in May, and my baby just had her braces taken off today. The orthodontist showed me the before pictures, and she looked so little *cries pitifully*....they grow up so fast, don't they!?!?

Haley is going to be a very pretty bride.

(((((hugs)))))
Ricki Jill

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Mmm...everything looks so yummy! Looking at all the beautiful smiles I am sure everyone had a great time!
Congrats to the beautiful bride to be!
And...as the mother of the bride to be...you looked beautiful!

All That Glitters said...

she looks amazing! congrats!!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

All that delish food has made me hungry :) You and Haley look like sisters-seriously!
And I love your BFF's home! What a lovely setting for a shower!
Oh, I love bridal posts! Hope you are feeling spunky today!
xo, misha

All That Glitters said...

I forgot to add.........you look amazing too!

Lorri said...

Linda! She is beautiful!!! It looks like it was a perfect shower! What an exciting time. My Annie is only 5, but i am already worried about how hard it will be to watch her get married!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a wonderful shower - great food, lovely friends (who all seem to have decided to wear orange), and fantastic prezzies. My son is getting married a month today and it does seem to take us Moms by surprise to have a child old enough to get married.

Anita Diaz said...

Oh what a wonderful day that must have been! Everything is just beautiful and you all look incredible!!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Your daughter is lovely, Linda. I'm so very sorry you weren't feeling well for this special occasion. Thank goodness you were well enough to attend the shower though.

I understand your dismay over having a child who is getting married. I find myself feeling that way with each new season of my children's lives. We mothers are sooo connected to our offspring. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Linda,
You look beautiful despite being sick! Everything is just lovely and Haley will be a beautiful bride :)
This time last year we were having Jennifer's bridal showers and they are fun.
Enjoy every moment!
Hugs,
Donna

BeachGypsy said...

I enjoy your nice blog so much! Just stoppin early this morning to say howdy. I loved the shower photos!! That was such a lovely shower! Your daughter is so pretty! How are the wedding plans coming along? Have a blessed weekend!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Haley is adorable. You must be a very proud Momma. The party looked wonderful.
CAS

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

She is a beautiful girl and you look amazing in your lovely blue dress! What a great day for all of you and so hope you are feeling better :)
Blessings,
Cindy

Rettabug said...

I feel like I've been to the party myself! What a beautiful child...she takes after her Momma, for sure!
Your best friend's home is absolutely lovely & she hosted a gorgeous shower! Thanks for sharing it with us.

fondly,
Rett

The Single Nester said...

What a lovely party and your turquoise dress is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails