Sunday, July 15, 2012

Coastal Look

Hello y'all, thought I would share one of favorite projects with you today. I purchased some reclaimed wood and these cute iron starfish hooks, and went to work. After putting it all together, I now have what I think is one charming looking COASTAL rack. This rack can be used in a bathroom for towels, or maybe hang it in your mudroom for coats/backpacks/hats, no matter where it hangs, it sure will look good. You all know, that I love adding coastal touches in my home, but I decided to let it go, so I took it to the marketplace this weekend. Guess what? It sold right away, so now it can be enjoyed at another coastal home, and that makes me very happy. What have you been making lately? I would love to have you come by this week and share it with us at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party, hope to see ya there!!!
                                           Blessings,
                                              Linda

                                I was so excited when I found
                                     these super duper cute
                                           starfish hooks.

                               Just look at all that wonderful
                                            old wood!!!!!

                                 What a perfect shade of blue.
Pin It
Linking up here...Saturday Nite Special
                            Overflowing With Creativity
                            The Sunday Stop
                            Sunday's Best
                            MET Monday
                            DIY Project Parade
                            Make The World Cuter Today
                            Tuesday Treasures
                            Vintage Inspiration Friday
                            Feathered Nest Friday
                            Potpourri Friday
                            Inspiration Friday
                            Show and Tell Friday
                            Motivate Me Monday
                            DIY PROJECT PARADE
                            Made With Love

35 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Linda what a charming rack! I can understand why it sold so quickly. Love the blue paint on the wood! Great job! Hugs, Linda

ANNE said...

adorable! I love those hooks and the board is perfect!!

Heidi Lisa said...

Very cute! Love the color - Do you have the name?

SerendipityRefined said...

The combination is beautiful and the white towels look perfect hanging from those hooks!

Ann said...

That is one pretty rack.
love anything starfish.

Anonymous said...

The hooks are great, and work really well on the old wood. I can see why it sold so quickly!

Maureen Wyatt said...

No wonder it sold right away. It's really cute! ~ Maureen

The Cranky said...

That is a fantastic combination and has given me a couple of wonderful ideas; thanks for sharing!

Brandi said...

Great use of the wood, Linda! I love the starfish hooks.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love those hooks, Linda! The hooks and the paint color make for a perfect combination!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So charming Linda! :)

The Checkered Apple said...

Very nice Linda! Love the color and starfish hooks!

Marlee said...

Adorable and functional also! Love it!!

Honey at 2805 said...

The rack is charming. Adore the starfish hooks!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love it Linda!!

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

Linda,
Welcome to the "Sunday Stop" Party! I love those starfish hooks and the wood that you put them on! Just the right thing for the coast :)
Hugs and thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Bj

Linda Walker said...

Linda,
I absolutely love that starfish hook rack....the color is perfect! I don't think I could have parted with it!!!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Sue said...

I love it...no wonder it sold so quickly!

Rita's Recipes said...

You are right! It's the perfect shade of blue and old wood with just the perfect hooks too.

Toodie said...

What a perfect coastal project! Couldn't have done it any different or better!

Karena said...

Linda I adore it; the starfish hooks are perfect!

I think you will like my new Giveaway from Royal Design Stencils..

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

cathy@my1929charmer said...

OMG, that wood is gorgeous. I really like the starfish hooks too. If I was lucky enough to be in you shop I would of brought her too. I think I would of found it hard to part with her! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

andrea@townandprairie said...

You had me at the color!!!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Hope you make more!

Eclectically Vintage said...

That blue weathered wood is perfection!
Kelly

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Yep... I'd want one too. Who wouldn't! Nice work.
Liz

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

How cute, Linda! I can see why it sold quickly.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

That is so cute and it is the perfect shade of blue!

Unknown said...

This turned out so GREAT! I love reclaimed wood projects! Featuring you on Saturday!

XO, Aimee

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

THAT is the cutest weekend project!! Thanks for sharing!
Karla & Karrie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautifully coastal with the starfish hooks. Love it.

chateau chic said...

LOVE our hook rack. The old wood used is so fabulous with that yummy color!! And the starfish hooks are perfect.
Mary Alice

Roeshel said...

Super pretty! I love the color, love the hooks! Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

Debra@CommonGround said...

so cute and really practical, love that chippy blue paint! thanks for joining in Linda!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

It is just gorgeous Linda!!
XO
Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails