Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.15

I'm sure that some of you are wondering where I have been this past week...on Wednesday my 82 year old mother had surgery to have the right side of her colon removed...the surgery went well and today we got the news that we had been praying for...she does not have colon cancer...I'm so happy that our prayers have been answered...God is good! I have not had time to post and blog...so sorry that I'm late getting the PARTY up and going...so on that note...I'm going to re-post some garage sale finds from last Fall...I hope you understand:)

Southern Living Home...Estate Trivet Trio $37.95...brand new in the box...$2.00...just what I needed for my new granite counter tops!

FUN Wine Carafe...$3.00!

Vintage"California Pottery" Lazy Susan Set...$1.50

Vintage Picnic Basket...$2.00!

Added it to my collection...I needed another one really bad...this is were I keep my cookbooks and I was running out of space!

****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Esty shop or something similar (I will delete the link). If I see that your post is not really on track with the NTT theme and also if you don't link back, I'll delete your link...please don't make me do this. It's common courtesy to link back to the person having the party, so that all of your readers can find it too.
3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN! What a great way to meet new friends.


I'm linking to these FUN parties...come join in!
Thrifty Thursday
Garage Salen Party


37 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So happy to hear no colon cancer for you Mom! Wonderful news. Take care of her and yourself!

Steph said...

That is good news about your mom. I hope she recovers well from the surgery and thanks for continuing with the challenge despite everything. Your finds from last fall are fantastic, especially those trivets.

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
I'm sorry your mother had to go through the surgery but very happy to hear that there was no cancer. I know this must have been a stressful time for you and your family. Take care of yourself.
Jane

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda...So glad to hear that your mom's surgery went well! Our best wishes for a speedy recovery and all our prayers are with you and your family!...hugs...Debbie

All That Glitters said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing fine! Of course we understand!!! I love the wine thingy!! So fun!

~Jennifer~

Blue Creek Home said...

I was beginning to worry about you!!!
What a blessing that your Mom is cancer free...God is good indeed.

Hopefully, she will recover nicely from the surgery and enjoy lots more of her golden years.

{{{The oil spill has you on my mind lately.}}}

Rhonda

Karena said...

Thinking of you and your mom. Wonderful finds, you're the best!

Karena
Art by Karena

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Best wishes for your mom's full recovery. Hope she starts feeling better soon. Thanks for hosting your linky party, too. I look forward to it.

Grannys Attic said...

Wonderful news about your mom, so glad prayers were answered. We are so blessed with wonderful friends and family that pray for GOD healing! Hope her recovery will be a fast one! Blessing and thanks for hosting this party! Vicky

Staci J said...

So happy to hear your good news! Thanks for hosting the party:)

Arabella said...

You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers during this stressful time - so glad your mother is healing.

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
"Celebrating the Coastal Lifestyle

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hello Linda, Thank You for hosting today. It a pleasure to see everyones goodies. Hope your mother starts feeling much better soon. Have a great NTT.........Julian

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Linda,
Glad to hear the outcome was good, I hope your mom has a speedy recovery.
Thanks for hosting the party even with all you have going on!
Rose

Wendy said...

Wonderful news about your mom! You did awesome with your finds! So excited to participate today! Thanks for hosting a fun party :)

Kim said...

Hi Linda, Thanks again for hosting this great party. I absolutely love it when I find SLAH products at yard sales! I'll never pay full price for that stuff again!
xoxo
Kim

Charity said...

That picnic basket is the best! I paid $5 for one and I thought that was a pretty good deal. Your's was a great deal!

Cassie Bustamante said...

so happy to hear your mom is doing well and recovering! what a relief for you! thanks fro hosting with everything you have going on!

Laurie in SC said...

Linda, so glad your mom is okay! I know the stress of dealing with parents with health issues. Glad you can take a deep breath now. And, I love seeing yard sale finds from anytime, so thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to come see me - I'm giving away 3 super glam Sam Moon cuff bracelets here:
www.sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
♥Laurie

Mary Ellen said...

Linda, what wonderful news about your mother! Praise God!

Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear your mom is cancer free. I love your picnic baskets. I remember my mom having one just like it when I was little.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am ding dang jealous of the lazy susan set.

the cape on the corner said...

i am so glad your mother is doing well. and what wonderful finds, glad you reposted!

Barbara Jean said...

Love your trivets. I have a few myself.

thanks for hosting

blessings
barbara jean

Heather said...

What a relief that your Mom made it through everything ok. That pottery set and vintage picnic basket are beautiful, what great finds!

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Great finds... I LOVE the picnic baskets! ♥

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great News about your mom!
God is Good!
xo,
Debra

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

So glad to join you guys today. I saw a metal picnic basket (with plastic dishes) at the SHAID yard sale for $5! You'd have loved it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. I wondered why this linky never came up yesterday. Then today I forgot to even look and it wasn't up on my blog roll. Then I checked after cutting the grass and low and behold you are back. Then the date says Sunday June 6 and I thought maybe something was wrong with blogger again. I heard a lot of people could not blog the last couple of days.

Beach House Living said...

Good new about your Mom. Do stop by for my first "give back" to enter to win.

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Linda....as a matter of fact I was thinking about you. Sorry about your Mom, hope she has a quick recovery. Your party never came up on my blog roll, so I thought you where not having it this week, hence I am later:) Thanks for hosting, and I am off to visit some other participants.

Debbiedoos said...

P.S. Love the picnic basket, you scored on that one, we have one, but it was more that 2.00!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

God is indeed good! I'm sure you are relieved with the news of your mom's clean bill of health.

I would like to invite you to visit the cottage, and join in on the fun for all three of my linky parties:

ASK THE YANKEE - MONDAYS
TIPS & TRICKS TUESDAY
TIME TRAVEL THURSDAY

You can get the details here:

http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/brambleberry-cottage-linky-party.html

Each party runs for six days, so come on by!

Hope to see ya there!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Hi Linda! I grew up on the MS Gulf Coast and love finding a fellow southerner out here in blog world. My husband is from AL. I'm intrigued by your nifty thrifty party and hope to link up in the near future.

Southerner said...

Wonderful news about your mom!

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks Linda for linking up:)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Hi Linda!

I'm so happy that you got such good news about your Mom!

Manuela

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Those baskets are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails