Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Garage Sale Tips

For all of you garage sale shoppers out there...here is the first of many awesome tips that I will be sharing with all of you! Hope my tips will help you while you are out and about hunting for some great treasures. I'm looking forward to this weeks NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY to see what all of you are finding while out shopping in this HOT summer heat!
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


**Find Out Where the Sales Are**

Check out sites like craigslist, garage sale tracker {there’s an app for that} and your local newspaper. I like to get my newspaper and mark the sales that I like with the starting time circled and then off I go! I never go to a sale that is on day two...I feel like the best items are already gone:( Sometimes I live on the edge and just drive around looking for signs...I hate when people have awful signage...that drives me crazy! I will stop at a sale late in the day...the seller is ready to get their stuff gone and sometimes it pays off. Do you remember me finding my backsplash tiles late in the day?...if not...click here to read about this treasure.

9 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I have been so busy...all of the garage sales have started without me!! I have to get serious. I have always had the best time on Fridays going down my list. Thanks for the tips, Linda!

xoxo
Jane

Grannys Attic said...

Thats for the tips! I agree with you I never stop on the second day of a sale most of the time all the good stuff is gone. We had our community yard sale this weekend and one of the neighbors had hers on Friday and Sat. we had a good crowd on Sat but our neighbors was not as good for her on Sat because her sign had Friday & Saturday on it. I have also found out if you advertise food (we let our church youth group do ham bisquets, homemade cake slices and hotdogs with drinks)that custmoers will stay longer or come back around lunch for a Hotdog. We always more our stuff around right before lunch and the ones that come back think we have added more stuff!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

What great tips, and what a fabulous blog you've got! Thanks so much for stopping by, and especially for introducing yourself so I could discover your blog! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Thanks again!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Thanks for the tips Linda! That was a great deal you got on the tile by the way!

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks for the tips Linda. I love me a yard sale/garage sale. Just haven't had time latley to go. Have a blessed day. Cindy

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I have to get on the garage sale wagon!! Once life is back to some type of normal...I am there! Thanks for the tips!

Beach House Living said...

Ah ha your a professional! I'm usually working when sales are being held. Sometimes I spot one on the way to work and stop if I can.

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Thanks for the tips. I agree that day two is too late!

Isaac Rubinstein said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails