Monday, June 21, 2010
A FREE beach concert and a COASTAL GIVEAWAY...soooooo NIFTY THRIFTY! I know this is not my typical NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS post but as a local here on the ALABAMA GULF COAST...this is what my life is like at this time. I love living here on the gulf coast...I guess I should...I have lived here my entire life! Check out this awesome FREE concert!
Jimmy Buffett announced a free concert on July 1, 2010 in Gulf Shores, Alabama to promote awareness and tourism in the Gulf area.
Special guests will include Sonny Landreth, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint. A special souvenir tee shirt will also be designed for the concert and sold onlne and at the show. More info coming soon!
What AWESOME news for all of us here on the ALABAMA GULF COAST...we sure needed some! I'm here at my beach condo this weekend and our beach is CLEAN and the water is crystal clear...I almost cried when I saw how much better it looks today...prayers are answered. I know our problems are not over, but it does feel really great to see our beach look like it did before BP made this mess! Please tell your friends...neighbors...co-workers...family and everybody you know that the best way they can help us here, is to come down for a visit in the near future.
Well onto the FREE concert...WOW...I'm still pinching myself...just can't believe all these people want to help us here on the gulf coast. I'm not so surprise that Jimmy Buffet is doing this...if you didn't know...Jimmy grew up in Mobile (my hometown...located on the Alabama coast) and get this...he went to high school with Mr.CC! Jimmy and his sister Lucy both went to school with him...Mr.CC didn't know Jimmy, but he does know Lucy (they went on double dates back then). This is an awesome line up...sooooo many wonderful musicians! THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!! All of these pics were taken yesterday 6/19/10 on West Beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama!
Now let's get down to this COASTAL GIVEAWAY! I'm a huge fan of the magazine "COASTAL LIVING" and I thought I would give one LUCKY follower a ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION...if you WIN...I'm sure you will fall in love with it too! The GIVEAWAY will end on Wednesday July 6!
FOUR ways to "WIN"!
1. Follow COASTAL CHARM...please let me know if you are already a follower or a newbie!
2. Copy and paste the "LOVE THE GULF COAST" button with a link back to this post on your blog. This can be located on your sidebar or write a post about this "COASTAL GIVEAWAY". If you do both of these...then you double your chance to win...go for it and double it up! Please let me know that you have done this with a comment.
3. Share with us how you feel about the BP Oil Spill with a comment.This is the button (with a link back to this post) that you need to display on your blog...I can't begin telling you how much this means to me that you are helping me spread the word about this giveaway,the FREE concert and our BEAUTIFUL ALABAMA BEACHES! I give you a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!
****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Esty shop or something similar (I will delete the link). If I see that your post is not really on track with the NTT theme and also if you don't link back, I'll delete your link...please don't make me do this. It's common courtesy to link back to the person having the party, so that all of your readers can find it too.
3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN! What a great way to meet new friends.
I'm linking to these FUN parties!
The DIY Showoff
Motivate Me Monday
I Made The World Cuter Today
Toot Your Horn Tuesday
Lucky Linky Tuesday
The Boardwalk Bragfest
Show Off Your Stuff Party
New Friend Friday
Love the Gulf Blog Carnival
Posted by Linda@Coastal Charm at 10:53 AM