Saturday, June 14, 2014

Shop Talk with The Vintage Nest

  I wanted to do a regular series on my blog, something unique that hasn't been done before. I came up with an idea to feature small shops, that are located throughout the country. So, every Friday you can stop by and check out a new shop, and at the same time meet the owner. Some weeks, I will be sharing some wonderful vendors that set up at vintage style shows. I am hoping that this series will introduce you to some shops and shows, that you might not already know about, and better yet, they might be in driving distance for you, wouldn't that be nice? This week it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Lynn from THE VINTAGE NEST! So, grab a tall glass of lemonade and let's see what Lynn has to share with us today.

I so appreciate Linda having me here as a guest today. I think she said I get a free weekend at her beach condo if I would write a blog post on the shop I sell in and share it with her readers....You said that.... right Linda? ....... just teasing folks. :)  My name is Lynn and I am the owner of The Vintage Nest.com.   I am  so delighted to be here today! Please let me tell you a little about the wonderful shop that I get to display and sell my vintage, antique, and hand crafted wares.

 Located in Richmond, Va., on Staples Mill Rd., right next to the Amtrak train Station, the owners Tony & Marc, have created a magical wonderland with delights for the eye everywhere you turn. I was invited to share a space and grabbed the chance.  Fabulous vignettes are scattered all throughout featuring total rooms, giving you wonderful ideas on how to decorate your own home.   Mona, another partner, makes the most unique fabulous lighting from old found objects and has a beautiful artist's creative hand.  Having been featured in Romantic Homes magazine, the guys also have started a Vintage Home Market  twice a year, which has become quite successful.  Only open twice a month, for two, 4 day weekends, it's an ever changing array of fascinating, fun and funky merchandise.   They also offer design services and have just recently created their own line of chalk paint, called the Painted Nest.

So now let me show you some features from the warehouse.



If you visit you will see:


 industrial


 unique handcrafted items.....this old railroad French clock replica is one of my creations :)


 Christmas in a vintage bedroom setting


color and cottage charm


 when you see "Myrtle" outside, you know we're open


one of Mona's lighting Masterpieces


wonderful artisinal soaps


gorgeous handmade jewelry displayed with a hand crafted Marie Antoinette shoe


a section of my space.....an antique chest of drawers in chalk paint and natural top and an ornate vintage chalkboard


 a little bit of French


fabulous finds for your garden spaces

FEATHERNESTERS

FABULOUS FINDS TO FEATHER YOUR NEST
Feathernesters Incredible
8-Day-A-Month Shopping Event...
Visit Us The Second and Fourth
Weekends Of Each Month!

Vintage and Antique Re-Purposed Finds, Incredible “Junque” Galore, Unique Lighting,
Amazing Artist-Created One-Of-A-Kinds,
Vintage Collectibles, Painted Furniture,
and Much, Much More!

thank you again Linda for having me.  I was honored to be asked. :)  If anyone would like to see everyday bits and pieces of what I am working on for the shop or vintage and antique finds, I can be found here at my blog...The Vintage Nest and on facebook.


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that clock! Very creative!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Sue said...

Lynn has always had some of the best stuff! And she has always taken good care of me when I ordered things from her. Love her space and the shop she is in.

chateau chic said...

It looks like Lynn is part of a wonderful shop! Wish I lived close enough to go often.
Mary Alice

Donna Wilkes said...

If I ever in the neighborhood, I will definitely stop here for several hours. I always love Lynn's creations.

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Linda,
Great choice to feature Lynn. I have gotten to know Lynn in blogland and she is so sweet and I hope her and I meet some day. She has a son and family that live near me. I think though I might want to go her way and check out that great shopping market she is in. Way cool and awesome treasures. I already saw three or four things I might need LOL! Have a great week end.
Kris

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun place full of beautiful vintage treasures. Thanks for letting us window shop.

Artsy VaVa said...

Great shop! I'd love to go there and then head over to see the salvage dogs! Sounds like a fun road trip!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wonderful eye candy, I love Christmas in the bedroom!
Jenna

Related Posts with Thumbnails