Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.95

Welcome to the first NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY in 2012...so let's see what we all have to share in this new year.  I will be sharing this little Ballard's Backroom shelf that I have had for years that I did a makeover on yesterday. I wanted to change out the shelf that was in this bathroom at my beach condo, so I decided that I would do a makeover with this oldie but goodie. Love how it turned out...even though I was up to 1:30 last night finishing it...oh well it was worth it. Okay now it's time to see what y'all have to share.
                                  Thanks for coming to
                                   my party...hope you
                                     have a good time,
                                             Linda

                                       The new look!!!
                                   This is how it started out.
                              Love me some beadboard...don't you?
                                Annie Sloan Chalk Paint..Coco
                                  is one of my favorite colors!

                   If you have not entered the Annie Sloan
                   Chalk Paint Giveaway here at Coastal
                   Charm...click HERE...to enter before
                            it ends on the 5th.

                           Come back later this week to see the
                           rest of the makeover here in this room.


****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1 Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here. If you find that your link has been removed, it's because you have not done this.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.


Linking up here...
Tuesday Treasures
Take A Look Tuesday
Before and After Party
Tabletop Tuesday
Piece of Work Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Party Time Tuesday
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Frugal Friday
Home Sweet Home
Saturday Nite Special
Sundae Scoop
Sunday Blog Love
Saturday Seven Party
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Sundays Best Party
MET Monday
Furniture Feature Friday
Frugal Friday

55 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

Linda it's gorgeous!
Thank you so much for a year of inspiration with your excellent blog! This is just another example of the eye candy we experience on our visits, hugs tami

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

I really liked the shelf before but now I love what you've done with it! Can't wait to see what other plans you have up your sleeve!!
Blessings!!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Love the color you gave it.
http://www.thegirlieblog.com

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I like what you did with the shelf, it added character to it. You're a very talented lady. Thank you for the last year's hosting this inspiring party, so much you've shared along with the other bloggers.
Have a happy and glorious New Year.
FABBY

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful! I must get some of that paint!!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks great Linda! I need to get a cabinet in my bath too. Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a cool little shelf! And I luv the shell on the top of it. Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year's.....Tallulah

WhyCuzICan said...

Thanks for another great party, Linda-- your first of 2012-- I'm here, pass me the chips and salsa!

Smiles, Suzanne from WHYCUZICAN

Honey at 2805 said...

What a cute cabinet, Linda! Thanks for another great party!

Unknown said...

I love that shelf! It is exactly what I need for my bathroom but never considered it! Thanks for the idea and thanks for hosting the party :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the paint color, thanks for hosting another great party!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that color and it goes so well in the bathroom. I need to find the perfect shelf for my teeny tiny bathroom..something to hope for this year. Hugs, Linda

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Love the new look of your shelf! :) Change is good!
gail

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

Hi! #36's website had nowhere to make a comment, but I really liked her distressed shelf! xo
thanks for the party!

Anonymous said...

Love the shelf! I have to get some of that paint!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Your shelf turned out great, love that look! just linked up, xoxo

Susan said...

Oh I love the color of your cabinet! It is so pretty!

Town and Country Gals said...

Linda,
what a great job on that cute little shelf! It's perfect, the color, the placement over the commode, everything! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year! Love hangin out at your parties!
Rebecca

AntiqueChase said...

Thank you for hosting!! Happy New Year Linda!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Happy New Year Linda. Love the shelf. Thanks for hosting.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Linda I love that shelf and love the makeover! Coco is one of my favorite colors too:)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the shelf and paint! I have linked up my DIY bridal bouquet, I figure it is pretty thrifty if you compare it to purchasing a real flower bouquet.

Thank you for hosting once again!

Carol

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Linda...I love that shelf and really love the color. I have a friend that used that color and she has some left over she offered me. I may have to grab it up. Happy New year and thanks for hosting.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Thanks for hosting such a great party every week! Hope your having fun at the beach! Oh, the shelve new color really does it proud!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for hosting :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the new look, Linda! Thanks for hosting! Happy New Year!...hugs...Debbie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I HAVE to get the Annie Sloane chalk paint. Love your shelf!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

I love your shelf makeover! It does look so much cuter now. Nicely done! Have a great day, and thanks for hosting :).

Simply Simplisticated said...

Hi Linda Im a new follower and just wanted to say thank you for hosting this party! love your shelf as well:) Stop over sometime and follow me too,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Rebekah Greiman said...

Good Tuesday to you! I linked up my Sweet & Salty Gifts that are very simple and are great for Xmas presents, New Year's snacks, or basically whenever. I've also added the Favorite Posts of 2011 according to my readers. Hope you enjoy!
Rebekah (www.potholesandpantyhose.com)

A Vintage Vine said...

Great job on the shelf makeover! I need to go pick up some more ASCP, I hear they have new colors, the color you used is wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Great redo - thanks for hosting and sharing your project. have a great week

debbie refresh restyle said...

Love the cabinet, I must have some Coco! It's very pretty. Thanks for hosting!
Debbie

Helen's Decor said...

Hi Linda, I'm loving the new paint on your shelf. Can't wait to see what else you do. Happy New Year!
Helen

{northern cottage} said...

you had me at beadboard and then chalk paint pushed me over the edge! lovely lovely project! I'm having my very first linky party starting today & would love love love if you'd come by for a visit & join in the fun! xoxo

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Happy New Year to you, Linda! Love the chalk paint transformation on your little shelf. It really has a "beachy" look now.

I would love for you to link it up to Time Travel Thursday this week. Hope to see you Wednesday night. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
You did a beautiful job with the Chalk Paint sweet lady I also love the color. I would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year.
XXOO Diane

Pamela said...

Looks fabulous Linda!! I have that color too!

michelle said...

Happy New Year Linda! I love the new shelf, very pretty!!!
xoxox

andrea@townandprairie said...

Thanks for hosting! I love your shelf-- I can never get enough of shelving...I'm a person that loves to display everything!! Happy new year to you as well, andrea@townandprairie

Unknown said...

Love your party!!! I'm your newest follower with Candlestick Makeover. Would love for you to follow back. Heather

Sherri said...

My 1st time linking up in a LONG time. Love the cabinet, simply beautiful! Thanks for hosting.

Sylvia said...

Happy New Year Linda,

The shelf turned out super cute! I've been looking for something like that for my bathroom too, have been through 2 shelves so far and still have not found that special one.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hello ... it's nice to meet and follow you.
stop by sometime.


ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

stefanie said...

seriously!!!! what would we do without chalk paint!!!! love it!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Hi Linda,
What a fab after on that cabinet! I've been wanting to try the Annie Sloan paint - and after seeing this I have to do it soon! Here's to a great 2012!
Kelly

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks great- love that color, too! it's nice and rustic!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh how I love bead board as well. You did a great job and the color was perfect. Thanks for hosting this great party. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our What's it Wednesday linky party.

Paula

Calypso In The Country said...

Yes, I love beadboard too! The shelf looks beautiful! Happy New Year to you!
-Shelley

Dumpster Diva said...

Thanks for hosting this party! I am having a linky party too! I would be honored if everyone would join! I love seeing all of this wonderful talent!

Betty said...

Love what you did to it. It looks just beautiful.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful shelf. I love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

amy of studio four corners said...

Linda - I finally got it enough together to link up to your party - what a fine event! your shelf is great - and looks fantastic in your bathroom!
amy of four corners design

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey, Linda! Love your bathroom makeover! Great job on the cabinet. Those colors are so warm and cozy.

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails