Friday, March 25, 2011

Pillow Talk And A Future DIY Project

Hello ladies...hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend...I'm here at the beach and the weather is just perfect. Now if you are having snow this weekend...please don't be mad at me...just head on down here and join me:) Do you find yourself buying a lot of the same decor items for your home...like lots of lamps, candles, pillows or maybe you have a thing for rugs...come on let's hear what you have a weakness for? Well...one of mine is PILLOWS...I have a hall closet where I store lots of extra throw pillows...I really love changing them out during the year, to get a fresh new look. My pillow habit really isn't too bad, because I always get a great deal on them...never pay full price (50-75% off is the norm). The other day I was in a local salvage store (about 70% of the inventory is from Target) and guess what I found? Yes...there they were just waiting for someone to take them home...get this...all the pillows are only $5.00...so I gave two of them a new home. I'm also sharing with you the old mantel piece that is now hanging above my bed. We have plans on adding some beadboard and molding, so a headboard will be born here (just gotta find some extra time)...I hope that we can get it done before the summer months arrive...wish me luck!
                                                          Thanks for coming
                                                            and I hope you
                                                              come back
                                                                  soon,
                                                                  Linda
                                   What do you think? Will some beadboard
                                     and molding make an awesome looking
                                                headboard? I'm all ears
                                                  and would love to
                                                    hear your ideas.
                                        This old window has a special
                                               place in my heart,
                                    it came from my great-grandparents
                                      home that was built in the 1920's.
                                                
 
                                          Not bad for only $5.00!!!
                                        My other $5.00 beauty...found a home
                                                      here in our den.   

Linking up here...
Motivate Me Monday
Thrift Share Monday
I Made The World Cuter Today
Made With Love Monday


30 comments:

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

I love the window too! Just perfect on the shelf.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I have lots of weaknesses...I love old flower frogs, oil cans, bottles, vintage & unusual dog figurines...okay I will stop there before I bore you to death...I too have limits on what I will pay for them...Thanx for sharing & having an amazing time at the beach! Tiff

Jane said...

What a wonderful window. I love that it came from your great grandparents home. The old mantel piece is awesome and makes a great shelf!!
Have fun in the sun!!
Jane

Blue Creek Home said...

Lamps - I love lamps! And pillows- and old bottles- just a few of my weaknesses.

I can't believe you only paid $5.00 for those pillows!!! They are great.

Rhonda

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Five dollar pillows? I'd have to buy some too! I love your old window. I have one too that came from my sister's old house. Love the old wavy glass. I say go for the bead board and molding, it will look great!

Hope you are enjoying your stay down at the beach. It was a little cooler here today.

A Vintage Vine said...

I really like the green one! It has a spring look to it...Have a great time at the beach! I am jealous but in a good way!

Karen said...

Those pillows were a great deal and they are really pretty.

AntiqueChase said...

Gorgeous!

Gail said...

I love that mantel shelf and it will look great as a headboard. Can't wait to see all your designs plans for this bedroom implemented.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

What a deal! Love the leaf pillow! I think the beadboard headboard sounds perfect:)

Erin said...

Love the headboard idea!! I think that would look terrific! And SCORE on those pillows!!!!

laxsupermom said...

Love the window, and the story behind it! The new pillows look great! What a steal! Thanks for sharing.

Samantha said...

The window is an absolute treasure..love it.

live and luv said...

Love the mantel shelf and the old window is just the perfect touch, especially with the history it holds! As for me, I have a "sickness" with pillows and shower curtains. I like to change out pillows for every holiday or season. The shower curtains...everytime I shop I find another I love.

Anonymous said...

oh how i'm daydreaming of the beach...... sigh.

Anonymous said...

My grandma was a seamstress so she had closets full of pillows. That sounds like the show "Hoarders". Okay, not that bad... but my sister and I would invade her house for pillows. Love the ones on your bed. Gorgeous! Along, with the mantel and window from your grandparents old home. How very special! A beadboard headboard would look great but I like it the way you have it now, too.
Have a great weekend!
Michelle :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love the new pillows and the mantel with the window is so pretty!!
Enjoy your time at the beach :)
XO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love pillows! The two you found are pretty darn awesome! That mantel shelf and the window look amazing! Enjoy the beach. hugs, Linda

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Linda~Love your mantle and so neat to have that window that has special meaning for you!!! Love it.. I think your mantle will make a fantastic headboard!! Would love to be at the beach right now... rainy and snowy AGAIN today!! C'mon Spring sunshine!! lol! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty Linda. I love the architectural piece with the window over your bed. Love those $5. pillows too.

hugs
Sissie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a beautiful place of honor for your special window!!

Loving you pillows too!!

Tammy said...

Your frame is just wonderful....I too would want to showcase that.
I love all your great deals on those pillows.
My addictions are ribbons and lace right now...weird I know. I have my antique collections such as my head vases and boyds bears. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs...and smiles...Tammy

Gracie's Cottage said...

So sweet that you have that charming bit of family history...I love things like that, and yours looks great on your mantle piece. Sweet!

Pillows and candles are hard to resist here too.

Smiles,
Jan

Linda said...

I found your great blog while I was visiting From My Front Porch In The Mountains. I love the old window..I have one on my mantel in our family room. And you did real good with the pillows...great find.
Linda

Gabby said...

I really like what you did with the window from your great-grandparents home. When I go back to visit my family in Louisiana, I wouldn't mind bringing back some special treasures to remind me of home.

The Charm of Home said...

What pretty pillows! Love the look above your bed too. Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

hi there i'm visiting from Sundae night scoop,
Love what you've done with the mantel- I think it looks fab just the way it is!

Katie of Sweet Rustic

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Linda! What a treasure to have that window! And I love it on the molding above your bed. I'm a sucker for pillows too and have a few stashed away in a closet also! :-) Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Debra@CommonGround said...

The makings of an awesome headboard. great idea, the shelf and window are wonderful!! Thanks for linking up with VIF!
hugs,
Debra

Unknown said...

Great inspiring ideas! Happy to see your creative idea linked up last week at my K.I.S.S. blog bash. Looking forward to seeing what great project you share this week, remember the link is open until tonight @ midnight {CST}.

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Related Posts with Thumbnails