Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Little Touch Of Green

Have you been to the Dollar Tree lately? I have and guess what I found? These cute little FAKE plants (that look real)!!!! What do you think...do they look real to you too? I'm lovin' the POP of GREEN that they have added here at my nest. If you need a POP of Green at your nest...stop in and pick up a couple of these THRIFTY goodies!!!
                                                 We are finally getting some
                                                    much needed rain...my
                                                      grass really needed
                                                        it, so I'm a happy
                                                          camper today,
                                                                 Linda
                                         Added this darling burlap bag and
                                                  she now lives here next
                                                          to my kitchen
                                                                sink.
                                                    
                                           Another burlap bag and this one
                                                      made her home here
                                                          on my mantel.
                   
                                       Now this one has a SPECIAL home here
                                                  on the NEW addition to my
                                                     NEST...I will be sharing
                                                   it next week at NTT...just
                                                   let me say...I LOVE IT!!!
                                       Small twig basket came from World Market,
                                       only $2.99...less 25%...another THRIFTY
                                                                find!!!

                                      NOTE...Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays is
                              still going on...click here to
                                             join in!
Linking up here...
Creative Share Wednesday
Show and Tell
Upcycled Awesome
Penny Pinching Party
Whatever  Goes
Open House Party
Strut Your Stuff
Thrifty Things Friday
Featured Yourself Friday

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love a touch of green in every room. They do look real and you have given each a special touch.

Donna said...

Charming!

laxsupermom said...

I'd never guess they were dollar store fakes. I love adding just a touch of green to every room, too. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Now take a little flower vial & put a spring flower in, to perk up the spring image ... love the burlap bag.


Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love just a little green and
I love them in the burlap ~
sooooo cute!!

xoxo
Lori

Nancy's Notes said...

The green and burlap is awesome, great idea!

Nancy

the cape on the corner said...

i went to my dollar store looking for these, since i'd seen them on blogs looking so real and not dollar store-y, but they didn't have them. i will have to look again! they really are the perfect pop of green!

Blondie's Journal said...

They do looks real!! And very cute dressed up in burlap!

XO,
Jane

Michelle said...

Those are so cute! I used to be good about stopping to see what was new at Dollar Tree but since we moved I kind of got out of the habit...maybe I need to stop by!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very cute Linda. I love the twig basket and the burlap bag with the plants in them. hugs, Linda

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks fresh! I love green in my home as well.~Cheers Kim

Karena said...

linda these really look great and just the touch of green to brighten things up!

I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love! Come & join!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So cute. Normally I just like real plants...but yours look real. I have some fake ones in my laundry room that cheer me up...ha! just where I need cheering up. I just rinse them off if they look dusty.

Anonymous said...

I have some of these, Linda. They really do look real! I like how you used the burlap bag. I'm going to have to steal that idea!
Hugs!
Michelle

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Those are totally cute! Guess I'd better swing by the $Store & then also pick up some more burlap to stitch up some little bags. Man, I can't believe how popular burlap has become. Love it!
CAS

Linda said...

I LOVE the $ store!
One of the little trees look like rosemary.
You sure made them look more like $$$$ trees than simply trees from the $ store!

Erin said...

Love your little plants, and the burlap is perfect...my friend is gifting me with some next week and I love this idea of yours!!!

Judy said...

I just saw those this morning at a Dollar Tree here in B'ham but (stupidly) didn't get any. I hope I can find them when I get back to Montgomery.

Let me know when you're coming to Lake Martin....do ya'll have a place there? My sister and I are doing our annual girl's weekend at her lake house there around the last weekend of April.

Judy

Sherri said...

I saw Michael's had some of these little fake plants too and they look so cute!

Courtenay@Signal Hill Interiors said...

I love these little plants. I bought one to try it out and now I'm definitely going back for more!

michelle said...

I saw those and was amazed at how real they looked! I love them and so glad that you picked some up. I love how you arranged them!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda! I am headed to the Dollar Tree tomorrow. The plants look adorable wrapped in burlap and the basket is so cute. Thanks for sharing this at my Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

emilysnan said...

hiya , great idea and tutorial , also can i go in the hat for teh gorgeous "darling" apron please , tfs , i am visiting from someday crafts and am your newest follower maybe you will pop by mine and follow too
www.emilysnan.blogspot.com
xmaggiex

Lori said...

Second one is my favorite!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great plants. I need to check those out. My kind of plants. No upkeep!!! I love the burlap you have around the plants. Adorable! Love & blessings from NC!

Pam Kessler said...

Yes, I bought one of those and they are amazingly life-like. Like the addition of the burlap!

Anonymous said...

They do look real. I can never find good priced ones that don't look fake.

x

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

Linda, I love this! And I just want to say thanks for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog. You're a dear!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Who knew you could find such cute little plants at the dollar store! They do look real and I like the addition of burlap. Very sweet.

Get out those vintage cotton coasters and start making rosettes!!

hugs
Sissie

Cindy said...

LOVE the green and burlap together. I am pretty much a burlap NUT right now. :o}

Judi said...

How sweet. The faux plants do look real and the burlap bag is perfect for them and I like the twig basket too! Great finds.
Thank you for sharing.
Judi

Barbara Jacksier said...

Looks real to me and I'm usually a faux snob. The burlap bag is precious, too.

Tammy said...

Now that was a great deal on a terrific find! Love the burnap bag...too cute!
Enjoy your rain...we are having terribe storms.
Hugs...Tammy

A Vintage Vine said...

I have found so much great stuff at Dollar Store!!! I am so in the mood to add greenery in the house too! Thanks for sharing!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Linda, those fake plants are wonderful - one looks like rosemary. I'm going to head over to Dollar Tree! Linda

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I think I will have to head out to the Dollar Store and see if i can find me some of the sweet green plants!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Diann said...

I haven't seen these at the Dollar stores. I need to make a trip out very soon! They look great and the burlap just makes them awesome! Thank you for joining me for my the first TTF party!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the burlap bag...and the touches of green! It rained here ALL day so it is very green here now! Hugs! ♥

Susan said...

Linda, isn't is awesome what you can find at the Dollar Tree!! Love your fake greens! I will have to check our store out to see if they have any.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love adding a little touch of green to all my rooms. Yours look so pretty! Martina

Anonymous said...

Great buy, it looks very pretty xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails