Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bell Buckle



 Welcome to BELL BUCKLE!!!
If you love charming little country towns, then you will LOVE this quaint town of Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Last week, we packed a few bags, loaded the car, then hit the back roads of northwest Alabama and middle Tennessee. No interstates on this pickin' trip, only back roads were allowed this time. On our last day of our four day trip, we headed out to explore the small town of Bell Buckle, and boy we were in for a treat. I really didn't think that I would find goodies for my shop space (Coastal Charm Interiors), but to my surprise, I did. Sometimes when I get home with all my goodies, I find myself having a hard time letting go of some them and this time was no different. Today, I am going to share with y'all my favorite shop...Phillips General Store and Antiques. So, pour yourself a tall glass of sweet tea or lemonade, and come along with me inside this awesome shop.
                                                                   Blessings,
                                                                       Linda

                              Charming old buildings were everywhere y'all!!!

                                   This is a 1890's dry goods store and it still has all
                                                     the original store fixtures.

                                             When I spotted the beautiful display
                                              windows, I knew I was in for a real
                                                                      treat!!!



                                                     Now, let's step inside!!!!

                                In the next few photos, I will be showing you all
                               the merchandise that was in the store when the
                               current owners purchased it back in 1971 for $750!!!

                                               Yes, everything you see in the
                                                photos that is located above that
                                                top shelf, was left in the store
                                                when it closed many years ago.
                                                Do you see the price tags on the
                                                merchandise? They are original
                                                tags and NO...these items are not
                                                                  for sale!!
                                            Sample books were also still in place.

                                   

                         All of these samples and the building for just $750...WOW!!!!




                                      Now, we are looking at current antique items
                                                        that are for sale.

                                                          LOVE this "cool"
                                                              display piece.


                                             You all know that I was in heaven
                                             with all this beautiful old ironstone.


                                                          Ahhhhhh!!!!

                                              On June 20, you can attend the annual
                                              R.C. Cola & Moon Pie Festival, that is
                                                     held in beautiful Bell Buckle...
                                                          click here for more info.




                                                         Great old doll.


                                        Yes...I couldn't pass on these pretties.

                                          Hey y'all...this was an awesome price,
                                          and yes, I have decided to keep them
                                                              for myself.

                                                I have a good idea on how I will
                                                              use this piece.

                                          If you visit Bell Buckle...be sure to stop
                                          in at the Bell Buckle Café for a yummy
                                                                   lunch!!!
                                             Thanks for shopping with me today,
                                                and I hope you enjoyed this true
                                                           American landmark.
Pin It

                        I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm!!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 
Linking up here...
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Vintage Inspiration
Share Your Style
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Monday Party
MET Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop
Tweak It Tuesday
Fluster's Creative Muster Party

15 comments:

Judy Pimperl said...

Looks like you stumbled onto a real treasure and brought some home, too! You know you're making me want to hit the back roads now...
Judy

Simple Home said...

Have fun there!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

This is an adorable shop. I love Tennessee, but have never heard of Bell Buckle. Add it to the list of places I need to visit!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your posts always make my heart beat a little faster! Neat, neat place.

We have tentative plans to visit Franklin, TN., in the fall. Are we near at all?

Jane x

mamasmercantile said...

You took us on a great shopping trip, I loved the shop a real delight. I would not have been able to part with the goodies either.

Creations By Cindy said...

What a cute little shop! I love it! The moon pies beckoned me! LOL! Such wonderful treasures in a quaint little shop. Looks like you had fun. The plate of food looks yummy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a charming store! I would have gone crazy in there with so much vintage eye candy and the beautiful displays. It's wonderful to see that the owners left everything just as they found it. You couldn't buy a fraction of that merchandise for $750. Wow. Love the name of the town. Thanks so much Linda for sharing your adventure at Vintage Inspiration Party.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

That shop is my kind of place! I could spend hours in there! Never been to Tennessee though. My son and husband would love the Moon Pie festival!

chateau chic said...

Oh my... this looks like so much fun! What a great stop on your hunt for treasures.
Mary Alice

Home on the Corner said...

So much fun! I could spend all day in a store like that and still feel like I didn't get to see it all! Thanks for sharing a little bit of history with us!

thepaintedapron.com said...

How much fun, I know you were in total heaven!
Jenna

Linda said...

What an amazing place!!! I love vintage and good old fashioned cooking, so I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your lovely photos! Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wow, does this look like fun...from the shop to the meal...a wonderful day! Lots of eye candy. It was fun seeing the sample books...I have a few of the the illustrations and it was good to see how they were originally used! Thanks for sharing!

Marsha said...

Oh Linda Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful pictures with us. That was such a neat store.....can't imagine how great it is in person. Thanks, too, for the link...I've got to check it out, too. Might need to plan a visit in the near future.
Thanks again!

White Lace and Promises said...

I stop there on my trips to Nasvhille when the hubby is not with me. I'm always in a hurry and I've never been in the General Store. I think I'll have to make a trip now that I'm living in TN. Great photos of great stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails