Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.190

Gotta a second? Today, I still have a football hangover from all the celebrating that I did Saturday at Jordan-Hare! Oh yes...I was at the mother of all Iron Bowls Saturday. Most of you know that I am a huge Auburn Tiger fan and attend a lot of games, and I can say that this was the best ever. Just two short weeks ago, I was there to see the MIRACLE at Jordan-Hare and I thought that nothing could beat that awesome play. Then here comes the Iron Bowl and both teams have so much on the line, we are tied 28-28 and about to go into overtime, but wait...Nick (Saban) wanted a second put back on the clock...so his team could kick a field goal and beat us...then wait a second...we will put our kick returner back there in the end zone...the kick is short...our Chris Davis catches the ball and returns it 109 yards for a touchdown and AUBURN beats Alabama with Nick's second!!!! I was screaming so loud...laughing up a storm...dancing like crazy...hugging Mr.CC...crying like a baby...all at the same time! I have never cried at a football game before, but when Sammie scored the touchdown to tie the game up, the tears started rolling and I had a hard time stopping them. Then, Chris makes the play of all plays in college football, and the tears started again. My head was pounding, my heart beating so fast, the emotions were just unreal. I had just witness the BEST IRON BOWL ever...oh my!!! Now, I do want to say this, if you are an Alabama fan, please know that I hope you don't get offended with my post. The game was close, but teams worked really hard to get the "W", but only one could be the winner at the end. The sports world is saying that the outcome of this game, has gone to the top of all college football games, so with that said, I just had to post about my AWESOME time at Jordan-Hare...WAR EAGLE!! Features from last weeks party will be posted on my facebook page this week, so please be sure to check there for them.
                                             Blessings,
                                                Linda


                      Here we are before the game started.


                                     Here we come!!!!


Here is a link to the final play...since most national news shows and morning shows
have played this several times...I am sure you have seen it...but if you haven't...here
it is!
http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/12/rod-brambletts-radio-call-of-the-final-play-of-the-iron-bowl-featured-on-abc-news/#.Upzmki-A3IV

                        The outcome! We are now the SEC West
                        Champions and we will play Missouri this
                        Saturday for the SEC title. This should be
                        another fun game to watch, because we are
                                      both really good teams.

                    The AUBURN FAMILY never storms the field
                    after a victory, but as our announcer said after
                    the one second touchdown, nothing was going
                    to keep us off of it after this victory and he was
                                             so right!

                        The scene from our seats...oh my!!!

                      The picture came out blurry, but I still love it.
                      It was hard to take good pictures with all the
                                            excitement.


                        Look who we found at Toomer's...my baby TIGER!

                                     Our 2013 Christmas card.


                     Having a fun time rolling Toomer's Corner with my
                     favorite TIGER. As you can see, all my make-up is
                     gone, my hair is a mess, but I am still celebrating our
                                                BIG WIN!!!!!

                               I think every tree in the area got rolled.

                          We are so happy that Mary Claire came with
                           us to Auburn (she watched the game with some
                           friends at their condo).

                 We do miss our Toomer's trees (three years ago a Alabama
                 fan poisoned them after we won that Iron Bowl). We all
                 knew that it wouldn't stop us from our tradition of rolling
                         Toomer's Corner after a win and it hasn't.

                          Here is what Toomer's Corner looked liked
                                         Sunday morning.



                         Thanks for coming to NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY
                          today and letting me share this AWESOME WIN
                                                with  all of you.
 
 
 Pin It

Party Guidelines
1. Please have a separate link to this party in your post (not a mass link page) or add my party button (you can find it under my header) to the post. If there is not a separate link, you will not be featured and/or could be deleted. I am hopefully bringing you traffic and I would appreciate the same.
2. Please don't link the same thing you linked last week. Only new links (no more than one week old).
3. Please be a follower of this blog through GFC...Linky Followers...Bloglovin or by e-mail. You can find all of these on my sidebar.
4. Would also love to have you follow me on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST.
5. Please no more than three links per person. 
 

54 comments:

Faded Charm said...

Wow...sounds like an awesome game to be at. I'm from Oregon and our two rival schools played this weekend in the Civil War. The outcome wasn't exactly how my family would have liked it to be, but still a fun game to watch with U of O only winning by 1 point.

Thanks for letting me sahare some ornaments I made and also for hosting each week:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Trisha said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great images and photos, what a fun day!!! Thank you for hosting this great party. Have a happy December.
FABBY

Deanies Stash said...

Thank you for all the game photos! It was nice to go along.

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a fun way to spend Thanksgiving! just linked up, thanks so much for hosting, Linda!

Jeannie Marie said...

AS Ohio state fans your win was huge for us too! Congratulations on that magnificent game! Super pictures!!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Looks like you had a great time at the game. Thanks so much for hosting for us today.
xxoo
Diane

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for hosting. Have a coastal December!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Whew ! That was a very close game. Thanks for hosting Linda.
Joy

thepaintedapron.com said...

Congrats on the game Linda, it must have been awesome to be there! We were crying ELEPHANT tears at our house, boo hoo, but the tigers definitely outplayed the Tide! Thanks for hosting
Jenna

Anonymous said...

War Eagle! I'm a Tech fan, but always pull for Auburn when they're not playing Tech! Looks like you had fun! What a great game! Our game didn't turn out so well:( Thanks for hosting another fun party!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Looks like a fabulous time on game day! Thanks for hosting! XOXO

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Sounds like you and hubby had a real fun time! I'm sure you'll be talking about that game for years.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting the party!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun time! However, all I can think about is all that wasted toilet paper! lol Thanks for hosting :)

Vel Criste said...

Nothing beats watching it all LIVE! Such fun! Your daughter looks just like you Linda, very pretty!

Judy said...

WDE Baby! I guess you have to be a true blue Auburn Tiger to understand the toilet paper tradition...not a waste at all! One of our friends has bought 4 tickets today...still looking for 3-4 more for us.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What fun! I've never seen so much toilet paper, LOL! Thanks so much for hosting...
Blessings,
Cindy

Debra said...

Thanks for hosting another great party hun, have a blessed day! :-)

Donna Wilkes said...

It was an exciting weekend for the SEC! I love to warch that final play even though I am dyed garnet and black supporting the Gamecocks. We have to decide which Tiger to root for. Thanks for the game photos - love the Toomer's Corner tradition - and thanks for hosting.

Marlee said...

That was some game! We watched it on tv and couldn't believe what we were seeing. Thanks for hosting!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I thought you would be right in the middle of that party! Congratulations! No one was pulling harder for Auburn (said the Seminoles)!

Katie Mansfield said...

It sounds like you had tons of fun. Thanks for hosting! That is a lot of toilet paper.

Vintage Paint and more... said...

What an awesome game - my guys watched it on TV and all the replays this morning on ESPN.... What a thrill to be there to experience it. Thank you for hosting... Cathy

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! I am no football fan, but that Auburn game looks like LOADS of fun! So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for hosting!

- Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What an awesome game - huge congratulations! And that is precisely why college football is so much fun!

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow...you have some fantastic pictures, here!! And you really had me caught up in the excitement. Now...please don't hit me with your pom pom, but my niece works for Alabama as a recruiter, annnnnd, I don't like football. BUT...I just happened to be at my daughter's on Saturday and they had the game on. I couldn't get over the colors on that HD TV and so I found myself watching and yes, it was very exciting!! So, hurray for you and your two favorite Tigers!

XO,
Jane

My Repurposed Life said...

That must have been so exciting! I've seen the re-play on t.v. over and over. It was AMAZING!
love the toilet paper pics! :)

congrats, good luck!
gail

Anonymous said...

Wow ... what an amazing game to attend!! Lucy lady:) Thanks for hosting!

Krista Aasen said...

Thanks for hosting!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for another great party, Linda! Congrats on the W. (UGA got their W, too!)
There are some crazy Bama fans out there--glad ya'll made it home safe! Lol! (I'm still shocked about the trees...)

Unknown said...

My husband and I went absolutely crazy when Chris made that run and TD. Hubby broke the handle on the recliner he jerked it so hard to jump out of his chair. I was running toward the t.v. screaming like an idiot! I mean, we are 60 and 70 years old. It's a wonder we didn't have a heart attack. Best game I've ever seen!!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Sounds like a blast, Linda! Thanks so much for the party!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Yes, that was quite the win! We actually saw TWO unbelievable wins--Ohio State's and Auburns! Exciting!! Thanks for hosting, Linda.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

We are neutral about the teams, but it was so fun to watch! We were having happy hour at our favorite watering hole so it was extra fun with the crowd there. Haha! I'm sure it was very exciting to be there.

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

I think you should start a collection to buy some new trees for the corner! I think the tradition of "rolling" the trees is hilarious! Congratulations on the win! Thanks for hosting - have a great week!

Laura said...

Linda, I got tears in my eyes just reading your account of the game. Good grief! :) And I didn't even go to Auburn. But since I'm married to an Auburn grad, I sure do cheer for them!! I was watching it alone at home, while my daughter took a nap. My hubby was at a friend's house watching. And I literally leapt off the couch and was screaming and dancing. I still get chill bumps thinking about it. What an amazing win!! WAR EAGLE!

Lori said...

We were screaming our heads off. Made the grand babies cry. Not a huge fan of either school. But, definately not a Bama Fan. So, we were cheering for Auburn! Glad you got to see it.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm a big VA Tech fan, as I think I have told you before. Our rivalry game ended in time for us to see the end of your BIG game. I was so glad I got to see it, although I certainly could have watched the replays as well. It must have been unbelievable to be there in the stands. Congratulations to Auburn.

Home Chic Club said...

Thanks for hosting Linda. Have a great day!
xoxoxo,
Vesna

Babs said...

Wow! Exciting game, even though I'm a Georgia fan. :)
It's always more exciting to be at the game instead of watching it on tv like we usually do.
Thanks so much for hosting Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.

Unknown said...

My husband was jumping to the ceiling on that last play. I think it's so cool you were there. Thanks for a great party! Hope you're having a great week.

ThrifterSisters said...

In the midst of all of my holiday decorating over the weekend, I somehow missed this game and the incredible outcome. I did manage to catch a recap on The Today Show yesterday morning though. AMAZING and how cool you were there!

~Erica

SewSweetVIntage said...

That was some crazy tp all over town! Great to see so much joy!!!!!! Happy Holidays:)

Susan said...

WAR EAGLE!!!! I was there, too!! My family was all over the stadium,and we met back at my mothers' for post game pizza and to watch all the broadcasts!!Having been born and raised in Auburn it has a very special meaning for us. War Eagle!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great win! And thanks for hostessing the party!

Mary

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This was an AUsome account of the game! We were whooping and hollering too!!!
WarEagle my friend!

avisiontoremember said...

Thanks for hosting! I just wanted to invite you to join in the Christmas Stocking Sew along on my blog:
http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2013/12/day-2-christmas-stocking-sew-along.html

Anonymous said...

Well I may be a UNC gal, but that was one fantastic game! Can't imagine being a fan and being there to see it in person. Hooray for you and your loved ones who got to take in the excitement and celebrate together. Have a great rest of the week!

HomeFor4 said...

hi linda, i found you from Vel of Life & Home 2102 and so glad i did because you have an awesomeness going on around here♥
followed you on gfc!
thanks for hosting this party! huggies♥
rea

ps: i like your christmas photo☺

Anonymous said...

Yay! It’s finally December! Happy Holidays!! Thank you for hosting this great party. We love your blog!!

~~ Have a great day, Sharon, Denise & Aubrie

Crafts a la Mode said...

Congrats! Thanks for the party and have a Merry Christmas Season, too. Linda Crafts a la mode

bobbie said...

Congratulations!! That was an awesome game, and you deserved to win!!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Incredible game! Now that's what I call excitement! Your baby Tiger is gorgeous and love the pics of all of you - great Christmas card.
My brother and I had a great time with the OSU vs Mich game which was also close the entire game. He's a Mich fan, I'm an OSU fan. So fun to be together for such rivalry.

Stop by and take a look at all our December pretties for your viewing pleasure. Marie has an enormous Christmas Village that will amaze you among her other creations for the holidays!

Blessings, Edie Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails