Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Top Ten List Of Flea Market Finds For 2012...Part 2

Y'all know me...I would much rather head to a flea market than to a mall so I thought I would give you the list I take with me

                                   when I head out to hunt and gather.


Let's see what's on my list....
Click here to see where I shared
two of the items that I look for.
Burlap coffee sacks and grain sacks, are very HOT this year. I bet, you already knew that, right? Some of the things that I use these for are...pillows...frame them for artwork...cover chair seats, and my customers love them!

Frames are also high on my list. I really love taking a old frame and bringing it back to life, just like the one I did here. She was a ugly mauve, in her first life.

IRONSTONE sells very well in my booths. I have everything from plates, tureens, vases, pitchers, cream and sugars to even a IRONSTONE BEDPAN!! Oh yes, I have a fancy bedpan:) I always keep my eyes open for wonderful primitive pieces of furniture, like this charming hutch.
                            
            CRATES...any type of vintage crate gets my attention.
                       There is so many ways to use these.
CHAIRS...CHAIRS and more CHAIRS! I can never have enough of these in
my booths.

MIRRORS, old and new are HOT too! You can always
use another mirror. I like to mix old ones with new ones, keep
that in mind, while you are out shopping.

Here at the end, is a old glass jug. There are so many
ways to display these beauties. I use mine for picture
frames, vases , and sometimes I just add a little bling!
Pin It
Linking up here...

21 comments:

Goldie said...

I have 7, yes 7 grain sacks sitting at the house... and lack inspiration! Now if only i could find some good ironstone potter :)

Pura Vida said...

I would agree with all of these selections! wonderful!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful items to be looking for!! Love Ironstone! :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
You have a great eye for what's hot and selling right now. I'm lovin the same stuff.

hugs
Sissie

Shine said...

Awesome post! Love what you're doing with your coffee bean sacks. I recently came across some but they are very dirty...straight from the coffee bean plant. Any ideas on an easy way to clean them? Also..seems like they'd be hard to sew, etc....You make it look very easy!! Blessings~~Shine

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Such nice things. I love ironstone...heck..I just love white dishes of any kind. I can't stop buying them! Hope you'll visit me..
Betty

Michele Smith said...

Great list! Several of those items are on my list as well!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am going to a big flea market in St Louis Missouri Monday the 28th , its once a year rthey ahve Gypsy Caravan, somone just told me about it last night and I am going

I can't wait even though I have to leave home at 5am , it starts at 7am

i will see all your burlap, picyure frmaes, and of course white ironstone.
I am looking for vintage luggage by Louis Vitton

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I'm in agreement with the list. All good sellers for me too. I still have to crank out some projects with my pile of burlap.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Yep...I see "a few of my favorite things" on your list too :). Laurel

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love all of your list, especially the crates and bottles!

Have a great day.
Pam

Donna said...

Linda,
I love everything you mentioned especially the ironstone. I am always on the lookout for some white dishes!
Hugs,
Donna

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

LOVE IT ALL!!! My Mom asked me when I'm going to buy a car and give up my SUV, I told her NEVER, I "HAVE TO HAVE ROOM to carry CHAIRS,TABLES,WOODEN CRATES,etc,etc,etc... Everything you have here "PLUS"!
Thank you for all the temptation,
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Donna

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, All great finds! I would say yes to everything on your list. Thanks for linking to the OHP.

laxsupermom said...

Wonderful finds! I always keep my eye out for ironstone, too. Love seeing what stays on your list. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

You hit the jackpot with these finds! Love them all...Angie

Pamela said...

Those are all greg Linda. I really hope to visit your space when we are out that way. Thanx for taking the time to party at my place!:)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Linda, great post, you are spot on. I found I can get the same price for frames as pictures. And chairs, I wish there was a vintage chair store, any time I can find them they are gone!

Carol

Unknown said...

It is fun to have a list and also fun to find a treasure not on the list!
Patricia

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Yep... Always on the lookout for ironstone!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Linda, you literally just described the innards of my garage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails