Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Sneak Peek

I'm here at the condo painting and thought I would give you a sneak peek of what I'm working on and I'm also sharing a few pics from around my "COASTAL NEST". I can't think of a better place to be painting other than here at the beach...it's a warm January day here...temps in the low 70's (now if you are buried in snow...please don't be mad at me). Better make this short and sweet, so I can get this project finished.
                                                         Hope you have a wonderful Sunday,
                                                                                Linda

                         Now if you are going to be doing DIY projects on your BIRTHDAY...treat
                                                  yourself with a beautiful view like this one!
                                   
                                            Barnwood frame with a little "coastal flair"!!!

                                               My old shabby window and some starfish!!!
                                            Seashell mirror made with some of our local shells!



                                             I sold a ton of these "old" buckets back in the day!
                                                      But I did kept a couple for myself!
                                                              Linking up at the following parties...
                                                               Just Something I Whipped Up
                                                               Metamorphosis Mondays
                                                               Make It For Mondays
                                                               Motivate Me Monday
                                                               Making Monday Marvelous
                                                               Tabletop Tuesday
                                                               Do It Yourself Day

36 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is this week too :)
Everything is looking so fresh and new for Spring and Summer. Love all the decor.
Don't work too hard.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Donna

Lori said...

Happy Birthday, no better place than the beach to celebrate.

Betsy B. said...

Happy Birthday and I am jealous of your view! Although it is actually not too bad here today in NC. At least it is not snowing this weekend and is probably about 60 degrees and sunny outside though the weatherman is calling for freezing rain/sleet/snow on this coming Wednesday.

I like the mixture of the barnwood frame and the coastal flair. Looks great!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Happy birthday, Linda and wish I had that view right now just to sit and enjoy. You are so lucky to have that place to get away, too. Love that bucket BTW.

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! I have one coming up in a few days! I just love the view from your balcony and how I do envy you being in that warm climate right now! We had a little warm up, into the 30's today!

I love your coastal style. The window with the starfish is gorgeous! And your barnwood frame. You really have a great beach thing going on! Thanks for the share! :-)

XO,
Jane

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Oh, I just love your condo! You are making me want to head to the beach. I'm hoping to be able to make a trip to Orange Beach in May....!

And Happy, Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
Great projects, very inspiring. I love the window and mirror. The bamboo looks cool in that shabby sun bleached vase. I love shells and have a similar glass fish. So many cute things. Pretty wainscoting & walls, too.
A beautiful coastal mix.

La said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was last week. I didn't get to go to the beach though. :o)

Amanda Lee said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! I look forward to seeing your finished project!
~Amanda

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and I am seriously jealous of your weather. It is 20 degrees here and should be going down to 6 tonight! Enjoy and can't wait to see the make over! - Janet

Brenda said...

Happy birthday Linda. I hope you enjoy! Love your view ours is all snow.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! What a great place to spend it! I love the old window with Starfish and the bamboo! Looking good!

Enjoy your special day! :D Michelle

Fishtail Cottage said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!
Have a great day & the view you have is priceless! xoxo

michelle said...

Happy Birthday young lady!!! I am loving your view and your little sneak peak! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So glad you are in a warm place. The weather is stunning here also. Your place is fabulous and love your decor. Hugs, Marty

Marlee said...

The rain has been coming down all day here in central Mississippi and my mood is as gloomy as the day is. Thanks for brightening it though with your cute beachy condo. Happy Happy Birthday and I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Janna said...

Happy Birthday! I love that bucket!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I love your view! I also love the shabby window with the starfish. Makes me wonder why I didn't think of that!

A Vintage Vine said...

Have a great B-day! The view is so inviting...we are going to get a very big winter blast here on Tues., so I'm alittle jealous of your local!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Linda,
Your coastal home looks lovely and inviting.

hugs
Sissie

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! I would love to spend my birthday at the beach where I could feel the sand between my toes, walking along with one of your lovely buckets collecting shells to make my own seashell mirrored frame as I loved yours!
Have a wonderful week.. Is that a dresser on your balcony?

Simple Daisy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Everything looks so beautiful!!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

I love the magazines in the tin bucket idea!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

so jealous! :) everything looks great. happy birthday!
gail

Heidi said...

Lovely "beachy" decor! ~Heidi

Pam @ Frippery said...

Happy Birthday, glad your weather is lovely. It all looks so refreshing. Ice and winter storm advisory here once again. But spring is on it way!

Anonymous said...

I'd never get anything done with that view. Wish I was there! I am looking at a blizzard warning for Tuesday and Wednesday. The place looks great!

Kelly said...

Love the view, and happy happy birthday!

Kelly

Christine said...

Hey friend!
It looks so nice there! It was at least 70 here for 2 days and sunny, which made me happy! Maybe I can make it through another nasty month of winter:)
Christine
greatoakcircle.com

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Linda!!

Love your nest shots, especially that old frame!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so envious of your view - my view pretty much includes snow wherever you look right now. :-) I like the way you put the starfish in the window. Cute!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Linda!!! I love that barn wood and that fish is too die for! He would probably be snuck out under my coat, hehe!

Laurie said...

Thanks so much for the blog visit! I have really enjoyed looking around your blog and am now your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of birthdays! What a place to spend it. We are buried in snow and it's -28 today, so I'm a wee bit jealous. Have a great one.

Lindy said...

Love the bucket and the cool shell project. I have some shells just waiting for a project like that!

Lindy said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, too!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails