Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Beauty of Ice

With all the snow and ICE that we are having lately, I thought I would share some pics from the Ice show that my family went to while we were staying at the Gaylord Resort in Nashville. This was my first time to attend a show like this and I must say, it was BEAUTIFUL! If you ever get a chance to see one of these shows, I strongly suggest going...I don't think you will be disappointed. Thank goodness that they give you a coat to wear while your in there...the temp is only 9 degrees...just a little on the chilly side!
                                            Now stay warm and come on back soon,
                                                                            Linda




                                                  Burrrrr...it was COLD in there!!!!



                                                       Playing around with our baby girl!

                                                                       How sweet!
                                                             Me having a little FUN!


                                                           Leaving the BEST for last!
                                                                 BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
                                            This was by far my favorite part of the show!

                                                                 

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh, Linda, I love the ice nativity. What a fun place to visit, love your pictures ...

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Becca's Dirt said...

What a neat place. Sliding down the ice looks like fun.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like this -- worth going into 9 degrees to witness it.
LOVE the final scenes of the Nativity. Beautiful.
I usually think of ice as something that makes our hilly roads impassable -- thanks for the new perspective!
Cass

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks like so much fun, Linda and the characters SO cute! What a ball!

XO,
Jane

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

That is amazing! I'd love to take my kids to that. Thanks for sharing!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Linda, we did ICE too and it is amazing! We saw it years ago and they had changed the theme this year so we went again....but it was SO COLD!!! I needed TWO parkas! Did you see the Rockettes?

Stay warm and WAR EAGLE!

Lou Cinda

Gypsea Nurse said...

Those photos are amazing! Looks like you had a blast!
Smiles~
Cricket

Low Tide High Style said...

My neighbors went to the one near us last year and said it was amazing! Thanks so much for showing us a little bit of what to expect. I told my husband I wanted to go this year but we never made it. Now, after seeing your pictures maybe I'll be able to convince him to go next year! He kept saying "wow" as I was scrolling through your photos!

Kat :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh my kids would love that one! i hope we get hthat next year in dc! and love hte pic of you on the slide- so glad you had fun and did it!

Sylvia said...

Looks like you all are having so much fun...the ice nativity scene is beautiful!

Stay warm...

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

What an amazing place! Looks like you all had a blast! Love the ice sculptures. I'd love to take my kids there someday.

I gave you an award, btw. Just to say "thank you" for having such a fun blog!

Keep warm!
xo,
~Michelle

Vicki said...

We just went to Ice too! The kids love to go every year. Wasn't that nativity amazing? Your pics are great. We live about 40 minutes from that area, away from all the hustle and bustle of the Mouse!

Andrea said...

Those sculptures are amazing! I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

Oh beautiful...but worth the chilliness :)

Deborah xo

La said...

I've never seen anything like this. The sculptures are amazing.

Jane said...

The ice sculptures are gorgeous!! Looks like you all were having a great time.
Jane

bj said...

OMYGOSH..everything is just absolutely beautiful and now I am so cold, I am going to bed under my electric blanket on HI !! :))

Erin said...

That is so awesome, looks like something we'd all love to see!

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Love the ice sculptures! They are amazing! Thanks for your stopping by my blog, and for your nice comment!
Jo-Anna

skony said...

Linda, thank you for sharing the pics. Here in Siberia we have ice sculptures outdoors and the temperature can even be -40C. If you visit my blog you can see the pictures of icу towns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails