Wednesday, November 7, 2012

True Southern Charm

On my recent trip to visit my sister, look what the welcome mat looked like. This avenue of oaks is the entrance to her neighborhood...TRUE SOUTHERN CHARM...don't ya think? She lives in the beautiful town of Bluffton, S.C. in the low country area. When Mr.CC and I left her home to travel up to Charleston, we made a stop in the wonderful little town of Beaufort, and today I will be sharing some pics of it with y'all. For all of you, that have never seen the southern states, I hope you enjoy seeing this southern beauty.
                                            Blessings,
                                               Linda

                                      Belfair Plantation
                                                             
                          Beautiful home overlooking the water
                                          in Beaufort.




                             The original kitchen located out back.




                            Beaufort has a great riverfront area.
                                   I really enjoyed it.

                We have a lot of spanish moss in my town, but
                     Beaufort has a ton, and I'm not kidding!




                  I love the porches, but would hate to try to
                           keep all those ferns watered.

                         But, if I was lucky enough to live here,
                         I would hire someone to do it for me.

                           Do you recognize this house?

                             We thought we did...WRONG!!!!!
                              It wasn't the BIG CHILL house...

                           This one is!!! The movie, The Big Chill,
                              was filmed here back in the 80's.
                                   Oh, I loved this movie,
                                       how about you?

Sorry, that we didn't get better pics, but
when the owner is out in their yard,
this is the best we could do.

31 comments:

Mrs A said...

Beautiful homes, the yellow one reminds me of the one in forest gump!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Gorgeous! I love visiting SC and GA, they have such beautiful old homes with such large Old Oaks. And the porches...lovely!!!
Cindy

Low Tide High Style said...

I love Beaufort, and Charleston is one of our very favorite cities! Beautiful images of such a gorgeous part of our country!

Kat

Stephanie said...

Oh the porches...LOVE the porches!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful area. I really like the buildings.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

OMG, I live in Beaufort about 5 minutes from the historic area, I just love it. It is filled with such small charm. Glad you had a great time.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I've been to Beaufort several years ago, and my children still talk about the carriage ride we took. It is so impressive. What a great time of the year you had to visit!

Mamaw's Place said...

We didn't make it to South Carolina this year and I really missed it. One of my favorite vacations was when we went to Charleston and then went to the Boone Plantation. I love those avenue of oaks. Awesome pictures. I am sitting here looking out a gloomy cold and rain. These pics were just what I needed to lift my spirits. Thanks for sharing.

Diann said...

Wow, just breathtaking Linda!

Mary Jo said...

Your photos are so beautiful, everyone I know who has been there told me I'd love it too, and I think they're right.
Thanks Linda for sharing your trip photos with us.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

always wanted to get there myself.Fabulous Homes~Cheers Kim

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Gorgeous Linda! I love visiting the Southern states!

Calypso In The Country said...

So beautiful! I was just down in Charleston for the first time this past weekend and it was wonderful. I just love the south!
-Shelley

Unknown said...

What a beautiful area, thanks for sharing:)
~Lori

Gail said...

Beautiful homes Linda! I love all those gorgeous porches!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I think you got some gorgeous shots, what a pretty town! We were hoping to stop when we visited Charleston but ran out of time. Our loss. Thanks for sharing!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous post! Love all the pictures!! :)
Claire

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thank you for taking us on this amazing tour Linda. These beauties are so charming and grand...so much history.

corners of my life said...

Putting Beaufort on my list of places to visit.

Vicki said...

I know that area. So darn pretty! Hope all is well.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It is beautiful there, Linda! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Linda, I am a southerner at heart. These make my long to have a big ol' house in the south... maybe in Savannah! Thanks for my southern fix this morning!

Kaybe said...

Hay Y'all! There's never a hoop skirt handy when you need one. Lovely!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful, Linda! I love Beaufort and all the gorgeous historic homes.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Do you think he knows he lives in the Big Chill house LOL! I actually knew someone who lives in Beaufort! Gorgeous town!

Carol

Anonymous said...

HI, I am your newest follower and was hoping that you'd stop on by my blog and follow me back!

www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Thanks,
Sarah

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails