Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back To School With My Oldest

Yes...this week was BACK TO SCHOOL for all of us here on the Alabama gulf coast. My oldest daughter went back to school for the first time as a teacher. Since she got hired just eleven days before, meet the teacher day, this family was super duper busy getting her room ready. Now, to make it even better, we were also helping our other daughter get her first year classroom ready too. It was a lot of hard work, but I wouldn't have had any other way. Mr.CC and I would do anything for our girls, no matter how old they are. Here, I am sharing Haley's first grade classroom. I am so very proud of how she got it all put together so fast, and it's soooo darn CUTE! These students are so very lucky to have such an awesome teacher. Congrats Haley! I know you will have one great year.
                                                          Blessings,
                                                             Linda


                                  Her students are HUNGRY TO LEARN!

                                                 Very cheerful!



                                        Lovin' how the window is looking.

                                              The reading nook.

                              I covered some tables with fabric, so she could
                                              store supplies under them.

                               Fun chevron fabric on the bulletin boards.

Bookcases that Mr.CC reworked, and
Haley and I painted.
 
Before you leave...click here
to enter my four year blog anniversary
giveaway...a cute coastal pillow cover
is up for grabs!
 
 Pin It
Linking up here...

19 comments:

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi
Well you have the girls all ready for the school year. Nice job to you and your hubby. The first graders will their new room. Great idea for storage. Hope the girls will return next year to their beautiful rooms. Thank you for sharing.
Betty @ My Cozy Corner

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

You are the best parents ever. Such lucky brand new teachers to have their classrooms decorated and set up so beautifully. What a great team you all are. Congratulations to all four of you.
Joy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Congrats to your daughter in her new school year as a teacher. Her classroom looks amazing, so pretty and warm and I know how proud you both are of her. God bless her everyday.
Big hugs,
FABBY

diegoagogo said...

Wow!! Congratulations to you all. Wish all teachers could achieve this so their little charges could too!
Cheers
Lush
Worthing, UK

Stacey said...

What a great room! I love The Very Hungry Caterpillar and all the colorful goodies in the room. I used to teach too...no matter how many years you teach it is fun to set up the room and get ready for a new year. Good Luck Haley!!

Dixie Delights said...

I can't believe how y'all whipped that out! It's darling!! Hope she has a great year.

Pam Kessler said...

Now I don't know which room I like better. They are both so adorable. Love the owls above the windows. And the little reading nook. Hope they both enjoy their first year of teaching. It sounds like so much fun!

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, I love the girl's classrooms. They are so adorable and I would like to have been a mouse as their students came for the first look at their new rooms. It is fun helping our children even when they get older. Their reading nooks are so cute. Wishing them well with their first year teaching. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

You have been busy! Her classroom looks amazing too! I love the caterpillar. What lucky kids to have such a creative teacher!

Have a great day.
Pam

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your daughter(s)! Beautiful room. So cheerful!

Old Red Barn said...

The room looks great! Congrats!

Goedele

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This is such a nice room to learn and discover new things! Fun and well organized!

Donna said...

This room is adorable as well and on such short notice! The children will love it with all the colors. Your girls are so lucky to have you and Mr. CC.
Congrats to both your girls on their new jobs!
Hugs
Donna

Blondie's Journal said...

Linda...this is SO neat! Haley's class is so cute and those kiddies are going to be thrilled when they walk in! How sweet that you all made it a family effort. My daughter just started her first week of student teaching (high school). I worry about her, she doesn't look any older than the kids she teaches!! Right now she has to go from room to room for classes (when I asked her if she had her own room she said, "I don't have a room, I have cart!") lol!

Good luck to both of your girls!

XO,
Jane

Lori said...

Perfectly cutest ever room.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

How cute! I love that big caterpillar and the sweet reading nook with cubbies. It will be a great first year.

Allison said...

Love the caterpillar! The reading nook and, well everything looks like a great place to spend the next 9 months! Dropping by from Met Monday. Hope you'll come see my grandson's playroom.

Allison
Atticmag

My Repurposed Life said...

Everything looks so cheery and welcoming! I hope your daughter(s) have a great first year teaching! If nothing else, at least they have each other to bounce ideas around and share all the wonderful new experiences, a few horror stories. ;)

gail

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Wow, what a bright and happy learning environment! The kids are just going to love it all! Hope the new year gets off to a great start!

Related Posts with Thumbnails