Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.63

Have you guys been as busy as I've been? It always seems like the month of May is a very busy month, no matter what year it is and this year it's no different. My daughter Mary Claire was home for the past 10 days and we had so much fun with her here. First thing we did was the three girls headed to Birmingham to see the DRESS...yes...Haley's wedding dress came in and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! We will be going back in a few weeks to pick it up after a few alterations are completed. Spent a day at the beach...soaking up some sun on our beautiful gulf coast beaches..temps were just perfect. Mary Claire did some maid of honor jobs while she was here...just let me say...Haley is so lucky to have such an awesome MOH!!! We also spent a day doing a little thriftin'...this girl likes thriftin'...now that apple didn't fall very far at all! On Saturday we went to a college graduation party and we also went to a couples shower for Haley and Cam...like I said...May is a very busy month. Now enough about my busy week...let's all see what you all have to share with us.
                                        Thanks so much for joining me at my
                                       party and I hope you have an awesome
                                                            time here!
                                                               Linda
                                     Mr.CC gave me this beverage caddy from
                                        Pottery Barn for Mother's Day and I
                                             thought that "old" milk bottles
                                               would be just perfect for it,
                                                well I was wrong...so yes
                                               the caddy goes back to PB!
                                      
                                Still love my new (well...really "old") milk bottles
                                 that I found last week...this one was $8 and the
                                                      other one was $5.

I'm at these fun parties...
Anything Goes
Treasure Hunt Thursday

****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.

29 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Linda, thanks for letting me crash your awesome party once again, love your vintage milk bottle! I got one last year and still have it tucked away. Have a wonderful week, tami

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sorry the bottles didn't fit. Hate when something doesn't work out. You have been busy! Thanks for hosting.

Lindy said...

Love your caddy, anyway. It looks truly vintage! Thanks for hosting!

Arabella said...

Goodness, Linda ~ you certainly have been busy! Thanks for hosting another fun filled Nifty Thrifty Tuesday :O)

Honey at 2805 said...

What a nice gift. Too bad the milk bottles didn't fit. Thanks for hosting! I've missed being involoved in your great parties!

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
I bet you are getting excited for the wedding!!
I'm linking up some recent finds....have a great Tuesday.
Jane

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading about all the things that you've been up to. This year is flying by. Not much longer until the "big day"! I hope Haley is happy with her dress.
Great looking caddy... too bad it didn't work.
Thanks for hosting! :D ~Michelle

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

You have been so busy Linda!! Thanks so much for taking the time to host this party! Hugs, Courtney

Steph said...

Oh I have been looking for some bottles like that but can never find them priced reasonably. Thank you for hosting, I love this party!!

Unknown said...

very busy May month for you linda. take care always when doin some thiftin':)

i am number 82 on the linky:)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting this party. It's always great!!!

Hugs
Tine

Anonymous said...

Bom dia Linda ! realmente nós mães sempre estamos ocupada com algo, mas quando é para ajudarmos nossos queridos é sempre bom. Desejo que seu restante de semana seja alegre! Um abraço Dorath.
http://jaitoutsimplement.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

Love your milk jugs Linda! And those would have looked perfect in the caddy, which I love to by the way...Sounds like a crazy but fun time for you, and I can't wait to see the DRESS!!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

You have been busy Linda but at least it was for fun stuff! I just love the caddy and those old milk jars are awesome!! Have a great week, Martina

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

It's getting difficult to find the old milk bottles with graphics on them. You're lucky finding them at such a good price! Thanks for hosting a wonderful party!!!

La said...

Great milk bottles. I found a vintage caddy at an auction last week. It would only fit pint bottles so I moved on.

I hope all is well with you.

Donna said...

Linda,
Love your old milk bottle! I have one just like it :) Your right May is such a busy month!
Hugs,
Donna

DearHelenHartman said...

Milk Bottles! Not much for a whole collection but would love one from the dairy in my home town. The graphics are so charming, just like the hostess of the link party! Thanks for hosting.

Lynn said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time with your daughter! Mine is living with me temporarily and we're having fun too! Such a blessing, these daughters, eh? Love your vintage milk bottles. Too bad the caddy didn't work out. Thanks again for hosting, Linda. Enjoy your week.
~Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

Susan Freeman said...

I agree ~ this has been a very busy month! That's why I am so late linking up and commenting too. Thanks for hosting!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Great projects & thrifty finds!! Thanks for hosting!

:D Lynda

Town and Country Gals said...

Linda,
This is only my second linky party and I thought I wasn't doing it right and now I am on 3 times. If you could take 2 of them off, it would be great! I will get the hang of this hopefully sooner then later! Sorry for the problem but I am excited to finally being able to join parties, (kind of)!
Thanks so much,
Rebecca

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your milk bottles! I would return the carrier also! Yes I find May to be a very busy month also. Enjoy your days and that wedding will be here soon! hugs, Linda

Jill said...

Love the milk bottles! Thanks for hosting the party :)

Jill @ http://junkyvagabond.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Linda~

Thanks bunches for hosting another fun link party!! I agree, May is a busy month. :)

~Christina~

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Amy said...

Thanks for hosting. Now to just make time to try some of them.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

They didn't fit? I love that caddy. I'd like to find something like that to hold my blue ball jars. The milk bottles were a great find!

Rettabug said...

Hi Linda!

What a shame your caddy didn't work out for you! I sure wish I still had the one my grandmother owned. I remember it being used during birthday parties at her home.

Thanks for doing Nifty Thrify again. I don't always have bargains to share but I'm happy to join in when I can.

fondly,
Rett

Anonymous said...

I like the caddy. Too bad it didn't work. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, they have some very similiar caddies with the milk bottle style jars on clearance right now. Maybe you could get something like that which would work.

Thanks so much for hosting the party for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails