Saturday, November 2, 2013

Country Living Fair and Hometalk Meetup

Last week, I spent a few days in Atlanta. I did some shopping, met up with some blog friends, and also some friends from home. On Friday, Mr.CC and I headed to the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain, oh my, what a cold day it was, with temps in the 40's. Under all those southern pines, there was a lot of shade and we were all freezing. I found myself looking for items to repurpose for my business, and I was lucky to come home with a few items to keep me busy for awhile. I sure hope my customers like what I picked up at the fair. When I share these items, I will be sure to let you know that it came from the Country Living Fair. We spent Friday night at dinner with some sweet friends from home, and that was a lot of fun. We headed back to the fair Saturday morning, and yes, it was still very cold! Did some more shopping, attended a demo, that my friend Heather from At The Picket Fence was holding on the main stage, and then I met up with some blog friends to end my day at the fair. So, let's take a look of my time spent at The Country Living Fair.
                                             Blessings,
                                                Linda


                           First thing Friday morning...look who I
                                met...Cari from the HGTV show...
                                            CASH and CARI.
                    Her booth is always awesome. Sorry about this awful
                    blurry picture, we were having problems with some
                                          camera settings.

                       I was happy to be back at the fair this year.
                      Mr.CC and I had a lot of fun last year, so we added
                                      it to our Fall calendar.

                                             Beautiful vignettes!


                             I so wanted to buy this old sign...that's
                             the name of our home church...but the
                             price tag was way to high...bummer!

                       These are fun chairs...just not my style.



                             Found some charming one of a
                                      kind picture frames.
     
                                    Pretty guest towels.

                           SOOOOO ME!!! They were out of
                         the color and size that I wanted...SAD :(


Wonderful idea for a flag.
 
                       Here is my friend from home. Cindy has a
                       wonderful booth located at Antiques at the
                       Loop (same shop as Coastal Charm Interiors
                       is located). Mr. CC and I were happy to see
                       her and her hubs Tom at the fair on Friday.

                                        Darling little chippy cabinet.



 
                           Heather did an amazing job on her
                           DIY Christmas trees demo. Thanks
                           Rhoda for getting this wonderful pic
                                             of Heather.

                           This booth had some awesome signs.

                                             Love that Cow sign!

Now, it was time to meet up with some blog
friends. Thank you, HOMETALK for getting
all of us together. Look who came to meet all
of us...there standing next to me is
Sarah Gray Miller/Editor-In-Chief
of the COUNTRY LIVING magazine.



                     Looks like we had about 25 or so, at the meet-up. It's
                     always fun chatting with other gals that you have so
                                           much in common with.

                              It was a lot of fun chatting with this
                              long time talented blog friend from
                                         ARTSY VA VA.

                                   I also enjoyed chatting with
                                   Kristen @ Sophia's and
                                   Shirley @ Housepitality
                                   Designs. The three of us share
                                   a lot in common, since we
                                   all have a passion for selling
                                             vintage goods.
                 
             
                 Here I am chatting with Rhoda @Southern Hospitality.
                 Funny thing about this is, we finally met up 7 days before
                 this at the Chapel Market, after blogging with each other for
                 over four years, we see each other twice in 7 days. I am so
                 looking forward to attending the Haven conference in July.
                 Rhoda is the gal that put this wonderful conference together
                 two years ago. Just maybe, we will see each other again before
                                          July...you just never know.




                     It's always fun sharing thriftin' stories, and 
                     today, I found out that Sarah has been thriftin'
                     since she was a child back in Mississippi. Now,
                                   I knew that I liked this gal!

                                     I am so worn out after two days of
                                     shopping, but I am smiling because
                                     I am leaving the fair and heading to
                                     Auburn to watch my TIGERS play
                                     some football, and we WON...YAY!
                                            
                                    Linking up to some fun parties...
                                    Show and Tell Friday
                                    Be Inspired
                                    Inspiration Monday
                                    Amaze Me Monday
                                    MET Monday
Pin It

15 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Truly fantastic shopping and meeting trip Linda! thanks for taking us along!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Thanks for taking us to the fair, so many treasures there! I know you came home totally inspired after spending time with all those creative people!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

looks like you had such a great time! i was so sorry that i had to miss the show + all the great bloggers at the hometalk meetup. i was really looking forward to it. you can bet i'll be there next year!

Junkchiccottage said...

Linda,
It looks like you had a great time. Love seeing all the treasures.
Kris

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Your eyes must be glazed over with all the sugar they saw! So very, very sweeeeeeet!!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, It sounds like a wonderful trip and how fun to meet other bloggers!
xx,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Now be honest, you missed your little shopping buddy didn't ya??? Have to admit I enjoyed getting to stay home after being gone for two weeks and I certainly didn't miss that cold weather!

Peace,
Debbie

Ron said...

Looks like you had a fun time in the ATL. I cannot wait to see what you transform.

eaart said...

thank you for bringing those beautiful inspiring pictures to us!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG, that was a SHOW, wow and I would take any weather over rain lol! I love Cari,that show is great! I think she is getting married soon? Can't wait to see what you brought back!

Carol

Sarah said...

I always say you girls in the Atlanta area have the best time! The fair looks like it had a lot to offer. Love your shot of the cabinet filled with the brown and white transfer ware.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This looks like a wonderful sale and such a great time!!

Blue Creek Home said...

Thanks for including my skirt pillow in this weeks highlights.
I just went back through some of your Oct. posts WOW is all I can say. So many pretty things and fun people - I hope your energy drink works for November!
Lovely parties!
WDE
Rhonda

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Thank you so much for hosting.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks for the party!!

Hugs,
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails