Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Thrifty Things Living In My Nest

I have been having a lot of fun adding lots of new THRIFTY things here at my nest...let's see what I have been fussing it up with. My sister had surgery last month and after I checked her out, she came home with me for a week. While she was here, she brought it to my attention that I didn't have a clock in our family room...silly me...we all need to keep up with the time...right? So okay I will go out and get one...now I wanted to make sure that all of us in the 50 and over club could see it with no problem. I looked at several stores and found that what I wanted was a very large one...so when I spotted this baby at TJ Maxx and her price tag read $29.99...problem solved...we all have no excuses now for being late ever again!!! When she went up...that meant more goodies needed to move in too. Picked up a couple of these $1.00 pots at IKEA and added them to the sconces...moved in one of my new ferns in the white apple basket...both from IKEA and then added this wonderful old wicker basket that I found at an estate sale in Greenville, S.C. a few weeks ago. I moved all the red accents out of here and now I have a whole new look that I'm lovin'.                              
                                 Hope you all have a wonderful
                                         weekend...I will be
                                     enjoying watching some
                                    college football and a day
                                             at the beach.
                                               Blessings,
                                                  Linda


                        If we have trouble seeing this baby...we
                                        are really blind!!!!
                           Removed a very large red basket from the
                               entertainment center and added a new
                                  $10.00 IKEA basket to hold these
                                          very heavy zebra balls!!!
                             Pulled out my football coasters!!!!
                          Bye Bye RED...see ya at Christmas time!!!


                                    I knew I would find a great
                                    place for this darling little
                                                    pin!!!
                           My baby girl is coming home for the first
                             time since Haley's wedding...so this calls
                                    for some big ribeyes on the
                                    GREEN EGG...yum yum!!
                              Love my old basket found with a $18.00
                                                   price tag!!!
                             If you missed my last post...you can check
                             it out here and find out how much this new
                                                  baby cost me!

                                   Some cute pumpkins added to my
                                   mantel...they were found last year
                                 at Goodwill for only $1.99 for both!!
                                         
                                     Here you will find my 25 cent
                                             driftwood church!!!
                           and one of my $5.99 IKEA ferns...looking
                                all pretty in this $2.99 apple basket.

Linking up here...hop over and join in on these fun parties....
Saturday Nite Special
Weekend Wrap Up
Sunday Scoop
MET Mondays
Motivate Me Monday
Frugalicious Friday
Frugal Friday
Potpourri Friday
Inspiration Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Thrifty Things Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Amaze Me Monday
Wow Us Wednesday
Open House Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home Sweet Home

49 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful space, and the clock is just the right touch:)

MiriamR said...

I love that basket!! It's divine! Great find

laxsupermom said...

Beautiful additions to your gorgeous home! Love the framed coffee sack and the new basket looks terrific! Thanks for sharing.

High Street Cottage said...

What cool items Linda! Your home is getting more gorgeous by the minute. I just love the coffee grain sack framed too. Well done.

GwendolynKay said...

You have a lovely home!
Blessings~

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love that clock Linda! Great shots of the room too! Martina

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

So many pretty things!!! Great clock

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Even I could see the time on that clock! :) Great choice...Love it!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that clock! I also love all the changes you have made to the room. Looks great!

Blue Creek Home said...

This looks like a magazine layout! How lovely the brown and green look with the pops of fun zebra. It is all tied together so nicely with all of the wonderful datails! You really should open another store and share some of the goodness.
Rhonda

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Everything looks so wonderful ... but I have to comment on the ribbon and pin on the bottle, that is sooo pretty. Very nice little touch.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love that huge basket on the hearth!! thanks for sharing the inspiration!! xoxo

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Loving that Clock! Everything looks awesome!

Linda said...

Oh!! I love looking at all your pretty things! The clock is awesome....but then so is everything else I see! Have a wonderful weekend and hope your sister is recovering well.

Karena said...

Linda I love it all especially your candlesticks really lovely!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Revi said...

Love all your thrifty things! They really add to the cozy-factor! Thanks for coming over to Revisionary Life and being a new follower!
Blessings,
-Revi

All That Glitters said...

So many things I just love about this room! I love your fern and baskets!

Becca Bertotti said...

That awesome clock is *just* what your beautiful space needed! Love it. And, of course, you know I love your pots from IKEA ... yours looks great perched on your hefty sconces. You've done a fabulous job creating such an inviting space! xo

lvroftiques said...

Love everything! So much texture is what I think is really grabbbing me and making me go ooohhhhh ahhhhhhh. And you're my kind of shopper *winks* Vanna

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love it! Especially the zebra touches, I really have to look for the zebra balls they are neat! So far I have a zebra runner and pillow:)

Have a great weekend!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Thanks for showing all of the little details in your home! I struggle with putting together the little details of a room so I appreciate you letting us into your home!

PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog till Monday. Come by when you have a chance! :)

Tina said...

I really love the way your room looks. Great job!

Have a great weekend!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

So pretty. Your home gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Hope my guests feel that when they come to my home. Love, love your touches of animal print!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You have such a talent for making all your accessories thrive together. Fabulous clock, I think I need something that big to remind me of how I'm always running late:-)

Anne said...

The clock is wonderful! and I really like the fall neutrals you're using now.

Always Nesting said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous and I love that clock. If it makes you feel better I now seem to need large print, large font, large clocks and forget my wristwatches. I need one that has hands big enough for me to see will keep my arm from swinging to the ground. :) But I'm still wanting a really large face and looking...

Unknown said...

A great room and look. I really like the textures and colours, and the chunky frame is my favourite piece.

Olive said...

Linda, love your baskets and the pumpkins. One can always put a large basket to good use. Have a terrific weekend! hugs♥O

CLD said...

I too am in the over 50 club...we have been looking for a great big clock...thanks for sharing. Hope I can find one in Oklahoma!
P.S. Love your family room area...it is just lovely!
Have a great weekend. Bobbie

andrea@townandprairie said...

I really like the scrolly candlestick pillars with the green candles! andrea@townandprairie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I love the big clock. It looks perfect in your living room.
Your home looks lovely.

hugs
Sissie

Judy said...

It all looks so pretty Linda, especially the Auburn coasters...gotta get me some of those! I have one of those large plate things like you have on your cabinet, still love mine after all these years.

War Eagle!
Judy

Gail said...

You have a beautiful place Linda and I love all your changes. I've been making a few changes to mine as well.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

At The Picket Fence said...

What fabulous finds Linda! I just loved getting to see all of your beautiful treasures in your living room and it is such a gorgeous space. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

deb said...

Lovin' the new redo! So warm and welcoming,
The clock is to die for!
Have a great weekend!
*hugs*Deb

Kelly said...

I just love your family room! It's so charming. I have always liked choc brown, apple green and white together. I love the zebra touches too. You've used it in just the right places. Your new finds are great too. The clock is perfect above your sofa. I have one similar in my foyer. It, too, came from HomeGoods for that price. You can't beat it! I also really love that branch with cotton on it in a bottle. So clever! I would like to find some of that for sure. That goes right along with those "natural" touches I love so much.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your basket, but the pumpkins are devine! Your entire family room is so pretty, inviting and so charming! Of course I can see your terrific clock on top of the sofa! Thank you for sharing. Lots of hugs, FABBY

Nancy's Notes said...

Linda,you sure do have some great treasures! They look awesome in your beautiful home! Loving your pumpkins!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Linda,

I do love the size of that clock! The wall scounces are beautiful...All of your finds for incredible prices are amazing! Good for you!
Thank you for dropping by!
Enjoy your day...
All the Best,
Christine

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looking good Linda! Enjoy your visit with your daughter!!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Love what you've done with my favorite colors...it's all so inviting!

Jan

Melissah said...

I think you will be able to read the time until you are well into your nineties with that clock!
x
Melissah from Coastal Style

Honey at 2805 said...

Great clock find, Linda, along with your other terrifice thrifty finds! You are right: usually something new requires moving around a lot of other things! Your changes all look lovely!

I'm delighted you linked this post to Potpourri Friday! I always appreciate your participation!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your home is beautiful Linda! Love your clock, I need to get one of those...using my eye glasses alot these days! :) Great thrift finds and so perfect in your home...you've sure found some pretties!
Blessings,
Cindy

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

The whole room looks fantastic! Sisters are good at pointing things out aren't they! :)

Tanya Anurag said...

This room is so beautiful. Utmost care has been taken to set things up here. And that wall clock has to be my favorite in the room... I am so in love with huge wall clocks these days and this one looks just perfect.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is just beautiful -- so relaxing, warm and inviting!! What a great idea to remove just things in a certain color and replace with another to completely change the look of a room for the season!

Diann said...

Your house looks gorgeus Linda! All the beautiful and thrifty touches you are displaying are fabulous! I think we NEED that clock here at my home! LOL Thank you for joining TTF and I am so sorry I am so late in visiting this week!

Pamela said...

I feel so honored to have twi links from you Linda!:) I LOVE your nest! It feels so warm and cozy! Thanx for coming to the party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails