Thursday, January 29, 2015

Oh Deer

 
 Okay, I know what all of you must be thinking, Linda must be a "deer hunter", not hardly!! Seating in a cold tree stand for hours and waiting on that perfect deer to come along, is just not my thang!!!
Now, I do love the outdoors and I really enjoy exploring old country homesteads. Part of our little road trip last week, included a stop at the hunting camp where Mr.CC hunts with his best friend. His friend has just recently purchased this land and I haven't seen it yet and Mr.CC was dying to show me around. He knew that I would like seeing the old farmhouse and the two old barns. After thirty years, this man knows what makes me tick. Instead of hunting, we just jumped on the off road vehicle and went exploring the land. So, let me take you on a tour of this southern countryside.
                                                              Blessings,
                                                                 Linda

                                                We found falling down barns.

                                                  Beautiful "Spanish moss"
                                                       was everywhere!!


                                              This house is dated back to the 1850's.


                                            The owner is going to try and salvage
                                            as much as possible from the house and
                                            put it in the house, that he will have built.

                                               Oh my, that's one HUGE old beam!

                                            Look how they supported houses back
                                                             in the day.




                                                     
                                                  I was amazed that they used
                                                  trees to support their barns.

                                                  Oh yes...I fell in love with this
                                                        charming old barn door.

                                              They used what they had on hand
                                               and they had plenty of hardwood
                                                              all around them.


                                                     So glad we had this little
                                                      goodie to explore with.

Mr.CC is having so much fun, playing
his new toy, it's a trail camera.The
camera takes pictures day and night, so
now they can see all the deer that come
by, while they are not there.
 
           Pin It
I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm...so come on over and join me there!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 




Linking up here...
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Home Sweet Home
Grace At Home
Show and Tell Friday
Amaze Me Monday
MET Monday
The Scoop
Fluster's Creative Muster
Vintage Inspiration Party
Be Inspired
Shabbilicious Friday

13 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Wouldn't you ("Wood"n't you?) love to have all that old wood to repurpose? It's so worn and beautiful. Makes me think of my Granddaddy's barn I used to play in in Hartselle, Alabama.

So fun to be out in nature.

Judy Pimperl said...

What a fun post! I was happy to see that Mr CC had on his orange hat! Everytime my John goes exploring in our woods, I remind him to put his on- the man would walk out the door every time without it if I didn't make him wear it.
I know, you being you, that you will do something cool with the pieces they can't recycle in the new construction...The pieces they think are garbage. I see lots of Coastal Charm possibilities in those falling down structures!
I LOVE that brick chimney in the first pic, but it did make me a little sad to see it. Wouldn't it be cool if they could take down everything around the chimney and reuse the brick chimney as an outdoor fireplace? It could be an outdoor gathering spot.
Good post.
Judy
judypimperl.blogspot.com

chateau chic said...

What a fun adventure!!
Mary Alice

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

I LOVE exploring old homesteads!! What I have discovered (learned from the natives) since living in the great South is that most of these old homes and homesteads were built with wood milled on the spot with trees that were cut down. I think that is the most awesome thing. Didn't you at least get one teensy weensy souvenir to take home? :)

Leslie said...

What a beautiful place. Can you imagine the history that house has. My house just turned 75 ~ not that old.. but I still love to think about the people who lived here back then.
Glad the husband is enjoying his new camera! Paul has something like that that mounts to his atv. He's like a big kid.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun place to explore. I see signs everywhere...just look at all that beautiful wood and the old rusty metal.

Curtains in My Tree said...


Maybe they will let you have the old barn door? wouldn't that look good just hanging on a huge white wall?
Those old homesteads were built with love sweat and tears I'm sure. Families were always so happy to move in just as happy as we are to move into a new home today that someone else built.
I loved all your pictures of the old house. I sure hope someone salvages the old wood and tin roof

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I'm glad the owner is going to re-use as much as possible...lots of wonderful old stuff there...

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Linda the salvage!!!! I bet your heart was beating just a little faster to see all of that great old vintage salvage. Those doors are awesome. I am glad to hear they will use as much of this place as possible in the new construction. Ohhhhhhh the history.
Kris

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

How great are those barns and old house...and how exciting it will be to build a new house using those fabulous beams and wood from the old...You must have been like a kid in a candy shop!....and you had me at Spanish Moss!! Have a great weekend!

DD's Cottage said...

So great to salvage and reuse the old part in the new. Some of the wood is beautiful!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Ok, just wiped the drool off the computer. The rust, the wood--they make my heart go pitter patter! Thanks for linking up to the Vintage Inspiration Party!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What a treasure! So glad it's being salvaged. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails