Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Decor~In The Kitchen

Things are shiny bright in the kitchen this year, with all my vintage pretties. I guess, you could say, it's a "Vintage Christmas Kitchen" at Coastal Charm this year. You will find a lot of old Shiny Brite ornaments, a cute little red truck, vintage Christmas cards, some strings of old Christmas lights and lots more. This year, I didn't remove anything, I just added some vintage Christmas items to what I already had in the kitchen. After all this is the hub of the house and where everyone migrates to. I added just a few things, here and there, that carry on the old fashioned vintage theme. So here are some photos without many words.
                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                          Linda

                                                         Come on in y'all!!!




                                             I thought long and hard about what I wanted
                                                        to say on our huge chalkboard.


                           


                                                      Vintage flower frogs are not
                                                                only for flowers.




                                            Thought I was going to sell this "cool"
                                            old jar, but I had second thoughts on
                                                                    this one.





                                    My chicken feeder got filled up with some of
                                                my favorite vintage ornaments.

                                            This cute clown is new to me this year.


                                                This Santa one, came from my hubs
                                                                      childhood.




                                        This old black suitcase is looking very festive.



                                                    All of these came from my hubs
                                                                   childhood too.

                                              When my daughters are ready to
                                              add some vintage Christmas to their
                                              décor, I will be happy to pass on
                                                         these family heirlooms.







                                               If you missed the post about my
                                               new "HOT COCOA BAR"...just
                                                                click here.
   Pin It
I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm...so come on over and join me there!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png
Linking up here...
MET Monday
Vintage Inspiration
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Be Inspired
Work It Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Catch As Catch Can
Home Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It
Shabbilicious Friday
Share Your Creativity Party
Inspiration Monday
Amaze Me Monday
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Inspire Me Monday

29 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful, linda! i love the old suitcase! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, everything looks so pretty. I think you really outdid yourself. I love, love, love your scales.

Vel Criste said...

Love it!!!! I adore your chalkboard and those trees inside the mason jars!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Oh! How marvelous! I have a hanging scale that is on my back porch filled with red berries! Your ornaments are gorgeous, but make me ache every time I see them for the ones I lost last week when the tree fell over. I think you've inspired me to just go out and hunt for some more old ones to replace the family pieces.
Your suitcase display gets an A+ for awesomeness!

foreverdecorating said...

Charming decor that fills my heart...just my style!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I totally love everything you have going on in the kitchen! that black suitcase with the old string of lights is the absolute cutest! I had a set of vintage string lights and just had to see if they worked. They had come in the original box, unfortunately they blew up when I tried plugging them in, ha ha. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas Season.

Stacey said...

I love it all!

Noble Vintage said...

Just beautiful!! Love all the festive touches and vintage charm. We have some similar treasures!! I have a suitcase just like the one you have here, the same turquoise scale, and chicken feeder :) I was just eyeing those red and white towels with the fringe yesterday from another vendor....very tempted to still go buy.... lol. looks wonderful. Merry Christmas!

Judy Pimperl said...

It's lovely- warm and inviting just like you! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to borrow that flower frog card holder idea...
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Such a beautiful kitchen all vintaged out for Christmas. I love it, especially all the vintage ornaments. And that suitcase is perfect!

Ron said...

I love the vintage nature of your decor. Even though I do not use a lot of it, I do appreciate it greatly. I too love the frog idea for cards. I never know what to do with them. Cheers!

chateau chic said...

All of your vintage Christmas decor is fabulous! You've created such a warm and inviting and fun atmosphere in your kitchen...definitely a place where everyone would want to congregate.
Mary Alice

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I am so glad you held onto those jars and wow the scales and I also was noticing your brick floors-totally amazing!
Merry Christmas,
Jemma

Sheila said...

Wow! Looks great! I love your island in the kitchen. Is it custom made? If not, where did you get it?

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love it all! That chicken feeder filled with vintage ornaments is divine! Love the suitcase and the hanging scale and rusty scales! I made about 8 of those jars for gifts this year. Just love those too!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Everything looks so pretty, Linda! Love your chalkboard and that chalkboard looking ornament. Love all your vintage ornaments. They look so pretty grouped together in containers.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I love your Christmas Vintage Kitchen! I'm always looking for pretty shiny brights and I am envious of your collection.

Happy decorating.

hugs
Sissie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Love the old Christmas lights.

It all looks wonderful.

20 North Ora said...

Linda - your kitchen looks so festive. A wonderful collection of vintage goodies. Thanks for sharing. Is your floor real brick? Love it!

Judy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love it all Linda! Vintage is the best. I used my chicken feeder on my table last year and loved it. It didn't find it's way inside this year and I miss it. lol! Having a few items from your hubbies childhood is fabulous! Glad you didn't sell that jar. It's very unique! Have a very Merry Christmas!
hugs,
Jann

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Everything looks great!! I love the chicken feeder centerpiece :)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your kitchen is looking so festive. I love those scales and the chicken feeder with the ornaments is perfect. I have one sitting out in my garage...shame on me, it needs to come inside. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

priscilla said...

Fabulous ! love all your vintage Christmas decor !

Anonymous said...

Love all the vintage ornaments adorning your kitchen. The suitcase vignette is fantastic!

must love junk said...

Linda, I just love your fun vintage touches! And that chalkboard is amazing!
Susan

Unknown said...

your country holiday decorating has so much charm and warmth!
Karen

Dixie said...

I love you kitchen decor.. Done to perfection... Not over done... Perfect!

At The Picket Fence said...

Linda your kitchen looks so beautiful! Love all of the festive touches!
Vanessa

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is charming, Linda! LOVE the chalkboard...and the simple little trees in mason jars are wonderful! Pinning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails