Saturday, June 21, 2014

Shop Talk with Chateau Chic

 I wanted to do a regular series on my blog, something unique that hasn't been done before. I came up with an idea to feature small shops, that are located throughout the country. So, every Friday you can stop by and check out a new shop, and at the same time meet the owner. Some weeks, I will be sharing some wonderful vendors that set up at vintage style shows. I am hoping that this series will introduce you to some shops and shows, that you might not already know about, and better yet, they might be in driving distance for you, wouldn't that be nice? This week it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Mary Alice from CHATEAU CHIC! Get ready y'all, Mary Alice has one beautiful booth. Okay, now it's time to do some shopping with her.

Thank you, Linda, for inviting me to be part of your fun Shop Talk Series. It's always a privilege to be asked to be a guest on someone else's blog.

I've been renting space in an antique shop for nine years. I started when our boys were in college and our daughter was in high school. Over the years I've been in three different places, currently selling out of Rust & Feathers, a fairly new shop near Lucketts, Virginia.

The following photos will give you a taste of my space's style over the last
year and a half that we've been open.









What do I love about selling? The hunt is at the top of the list. Who wouldn't love "shopping" to be in their job description!




 





Meeting kindred spirits along the way is always a treat. It's never hard to strike up a conversation with other shop owners or people in the business.



 

Working in the shop one day a week gives me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful customers. It's fun to see them excited about the store and their  purchases.




 





Rust & Feathers has 11 dealers, selling a variety of vintage, painted, repurposed, industrial, and home decor items. We also have a German dealer 
who fills his space with European antiques.  

Here's a little tour around the rest of the shop...




 


 


 


Stop in for a warm and friendly welcome when you're in the area. We're open  10 - 5 every day except Tuesday. Visit our blog at Rust & Feathers for directions.

Mary Alice









24 comments:

chateau chic said...

Thank you so, so much, Linda, for inviting me to share today! I really appreciate this opportunity!!
Mary Alice

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh Linda and Mary Alice, love the shop. The screen door with the scrolled metal is perfect for indoor or outdoor designs. I love it. I love the metal drawers/card catalog??? Wasn't sure what that was. The bottle, the metal, the wood. I has a little of everything. Just love it!

Deserae said...

Mary Alice, your booth is fabulous....so many wonderful goodies!
~Des

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Another fabulous shop where I'd go crazy.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Ooh...I love Mary Alice's style...I'd love to be close enough to shop her space!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Lovely shop Mary Alice. Would love to visit it. I'm going to a new (to me) antique mall today. yay!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Mary Alice has such a beautifully staged space and I loved seeing some of her wares. Yes, the thrill of the hunt was always exciting for me, too. I loved hitting the estate sales and yard sales looking for treasures for my booth.

Vel Criste said...

What a beautiful and well-appointed shop Mary Alice!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Mary Alice, I just love your shop and the many wonderful treasures on display. This all takes me back to my days in several malls over the years. You really do meet kindred spirits along the way. Many I met are still good friends to this day.

The thrill of junk hunting is the best part and then of course you stage everything so perfectly.
So enjoyed seeing your space. Sure wish I was there to shop.

Thank you Linda for featuring Mary Alice.
Have a nice weekend!!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Thank you for the visit, Linda and Mary Alice! Next time we go to DC, I want to hijack my husband and go to Luckett's and Rust & Feathers!
Rita

Audrey said...

Love your shop and see a lot of things I would love to have. So well staged and would be so pleasant to shop there. Thanks for the tour.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Burlap Luxe said...

Love your shop, and wish I lived closer so I could drop in often, I see so many pieces that would be going home with me. I am sure you have lots of returning customers that love designing there home from the treasure you have pictured here.

A beautifully inspiring weekend to you.

Xx
Dore

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'd be a frequent visitor if I lived near the shop. Lots of fun merchandise!

Judy Pimperl said...

Chateau Chic looks a lot like Coastal Charm! Both have great looks.
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I would recommend Rust and Feathers as a great place to shop for great antiques and vintage items and your space is beautiful...!!!...I hope to visit again soon, Mary Alice....Great feature today Linda!...Have a great weekend ladies!

time worn interiors said...

Great idea!

Thanks for sharing Mary Alice!

tot

CoziNest Antiques & Decor said...

This is a lovely shop! Wish I lived closer...

Revi said...

You have so many wonderful things, Mary Alice! I love the old zinc things...Thanks, Linda for another peek at a cool shop.

must love junk said...

Mary Alice is a sweet blogging friend! Her space looks amazing! I would be a regular customer (dangerous-ha!) if I lived close. Great feature :)
Susan

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi LInda,
Mary Alice was a wonderful choice to feature. She is so sweet and so talented. Loved seeing her wonderful space at Rust and Feathers. So many wonderful finds.
Kris

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

How I wish I lived close enough to visit! I would love to spend the day in your shop! So many pretty things!
Sherry

farmhouse-story said...

mary alice has an eye for beautiful vignettes. her store is a treasure trove of vintage finds!

Cristina Garay said...

I love Mary Alice's work! Now I have to go visit her booth, it's full of wonderful things!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What a beautiful shop space, Mary Alice! I could just move right in :) Great feature, Linda!

Jeanette

Related Posts with Thumbnails