Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Mantel 2012

I can hardly believe that it's already December and time to start sharing our holiday decorating. But, alas, it's time...so here we go! As some of you already know, I made a promise to myself, to keep my decor simple this year, and I DID IT!!! I have so much going on right now, with my daughters college graduation, moving her home, and moving Coastal Charm Interiors into a new shop, that left very little time for decking the halls. I am all finished now, and I am really okay with the more simple look, here at Coastal Charm. I am looking forward to seeing what everybody has done this year, so I will be sharing my mantel at some fun Christmas parties, and hopping around visiting while I am there,hope you will join me.
                                                Blessings,
                                                   Linda


                                Christmas Mantel 2012

                               Grapevine tree from Target.


                       You can find these cute ornament hangers
                        at Dollar Tree (I got mine there last year).


                           My garland was found at a local Goodwill.
                           Deer antlers came from a flea market.

                          This monogram ornament was purchased
                                       at Pottery Barn.


                           I really wish I could remember where
                           this little santa came from...isn't he a
                                             CUTIE?
                                       

                          This DIY burlap tree, was made last year.

              This mantel was put together with things that I already had
               on hand. I have not purchased one thing this year, and there
                        will be no shopping for me on the 26th!
                           Mr.CC did really good, when he purchased
                                this Santa for me, many years ago.




Thanks for coming by, and please be sure to
join me at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY
PARTY, with all your CHRISTMAS decor!
 
 
Pin It
Linking up here...
 
 

49 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

I love your mantel, Linda. You put it together beautifully. Love your DIY tree. I made some myself this year and love them.

Have a great day.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Simple...and oh so pretty!!!!

Anne said...

Linda your mantel looks beautiful! LOVE that chippy piece!
xx
Anne

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Linda I love your mantel. The colors are so soothing and rustic! Great job! I'm trying not to buy anything for decorations this year but have already broken that when I picked up a cute Santa at the thrift (on today's post). Oh well....hugs, Linda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your mantel looks wonderful decked out for the holidays! I hope after we get our great room painted sometime between the 10th and 15th, I will be able to decorate a little...moving during the holidays is hard :-).

Becca Bertotti said...

Linda, I love your mantel! You've used such wonderful elements (the mercury, the grapevine tree, the handsome Santa). It's so warm and inviting!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your mantel looks wonderful!

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty, Linda! Simple and rustic. The tress look great on each end...Target has really stepped up to the plate with some neat ornaments and Christmas decor. Do you think they are following a few blogs? ;-D Love your handmade tree!

XO,
Jane

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nicely done, Linda! I love the initial ornaments hanging on the moss stars.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Linda, your mantel is so pretty. I love that grapevine tree and the mossy stars with the letter S on them. All of it looks great and I'm so proud of you for keeping it simple. I'm trying to do the same. So far, so good! :)

Gail said...

Your mantel looks beautiful Linda! I love the rustic elements you used. Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday, Gail

elizabeth said...

Everyone is going simpler this year, me included! I love the simpler, more natural look.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Beautiful mantel! I love the ornament from PB too! I did it simple this year too because I remembered how I dreaded taking it all down last year.lol

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Pretty mantel. I love the natural and simplistic look you've created.
Good for you for using what you already have. I'm trying to do the same thing this year.

hugs
Sissie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, Your mantle is wonderful! It seems like many of us are simplifying this year.

andrea@townandprairie said...

The rustic piece of barn wood makes a great statement as a backdrop for the photo!

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful Linda, love the simple understated look!

Leslie said...

It is gorgeous Linda!

The Tuscan Home said...

Hi Linda,
Your mantle is gorgeous! XO ~Liz

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! i love all the rustic elements!

Unknown said...

Love your mantle, Linda. The burlap tree is a great piece and I love that it is rustic and simple.

Debbiedoos said...

Looks so pretty Linda. I love the rustic elements, they go so nice with your brick FP. I am loving my postcards btw:)

Vicki said...

So pretty! I need to remember to use those old spools as a stand. Love the antlers and the rustic feel.

Deserae said...

Your mantle is so beautiful.....love the rustic touches too!
~Des

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Love your simple mantle Linda!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great mantel! Love the wood weathered "back drop!"

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Love it, love it, love it!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love what you did with your mantel especially because you used what you already had. Beautiful job Linda!!

Pamela said...

Linda your mantle is so pretty! I love how you incorporated your family picture!

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

Linda it is perfectly chippy and pretty. The little star and burlap tree are so cute. Happy Holidays.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love your mantle, and my favorite part of it is that chippy board behind the photo. Perfect!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

linda-your Christmas mantel is gorgeous! I have yet to do a single decoration. It's sooo warm here, today it's 73 and sunny. Hard for me to get in the spirit with this kind of weather.

gail

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cristina Garay said...

Very pretty mantel Linda! I love the rustic piece of wood, that cheery Santa, the moss ornament, well I love it all!

Unknown said...

Your mantel looks beautiful this year! I love the natural look you've done and especially that you didn't buy anything new to achieve this. Bravo to you! I have had my eye out for antlers...wish me luck...

nancygrayce said...

Oh, how pretty! I never thought of using antlers....... We have plenty of those around here!

Pixie said...

This is so pretty. I love the subtle beauty...

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely beautiful mantel Linda! Well done!
Vanessa

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Wonderful Mantel. Just perfect for Christmas!

Jody

Unknown said...

Great mantel! Perfectly shabby and rustic!
Barbara at Chase the Star

reFresh reStyle said...

I love your mantel, I'm with you, no shopping on the 26th :) That chippy board is perfect. Love your style.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

linda, i love your mantle! is that a bisque santa? {so charming!} i diy'd my own pb monogram ornies a couple of years ago but never actually used them until this year - can't wait to post about them on friday! thanks for the party ;)

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I did the same thing this year. I used what I had and did't even take one Christmas box out except the tree, I love your moss star! Pretty Mantel!

Heather said...

Thank you for hosting!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Linda, your mantel looks wonderful! I am still working on mine. I love that moss covered star.
Congrats to your daughter on graduating. What an accomplishment! For you both :)

Diann said...

Well, I absolutely love your simple and natural decorations. I think they all look gorgeous Linda! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF last week. Have a terrific day!

Danice G said...

Very creative mantel. You are always so creative and make such pretty decorations :)

Unknown said...

Not sure how I missed this when you posted it, but glad I finally saw it! Just lovely!

Peace,
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails