Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.97

WOW...hard to believe that it is already mid January! Have you started any new thrifty DIY projects this year?  Today, I have started my first one, painting my kitchen. Are you kidding me? I thought you just painted that room...well I did...but that was two years ago. Oh yes...only a short two years later and I am painting it again, but I have been dreaming of a new color and you know...we all love our dreams to come true...don't we?  Looking forward to sharing it with y'all, when it's all done, think you will like it...I sure do. Today, I will be sharing some thrifty treasures that I have found. Who doesn't like finding real white ironstone for just pennies...I know I sure do. I'm not sharing the best deal with y'all today, that will come later, when my vintage china cabinet gets it's makeover (shame on me for teasing you like that). It's time to get this party going, so link right up and go visit your neighbors here at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY!!!
                                   Happy to have ya here,
                                              Linda

My $4.50 treasure!!!
                    As soon as I saw this at a flea market back in
                    November...I knew that she would come home
                                 with me...love her style!!!
                        My large dough bowl has found a new home
                                         in my dining room.
                        Another thrifty treasure...found this tureen
                           at an estate sale...only $1.00! Okay...I
                           know the ladle is missing...but I'm
                           okay with that. Maybe I should add
                           a silver ladle that I have...yes...I
                                 think I will do just that!
                                 White ironstone covered veggie
                                         bowl...$5.00...what
                                                 a deal!!!!


                                    Simple is the look that I'm
                                          lovin' these days!!!

Now let's check out some links from last weeks party...please remember that I only
feature blogs that have a link back to my blog on their post.





Carrie at Saving 4 Six
****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here. If you find that your link has been removed, it's because you have not done this.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.
Linking up here...
Tabletop Tuesday
Tuesday Treasures
Be Inspired Link Party
Party Time Tuesday
Winter Blues Wednesday (Thanks for the feature)
Farmhouse Friday
Catch As Catch Can (Thanks Gail for the feature)
Show and Tell Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Potpourri Friday
Frugal Friday

Pin It







64 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Thank you for hosting!
♥Linsey

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting and for featuring my thrifty finds Linda!
Have a great week,
Veronica

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks so much for hosting Linda!! :)

Pam Kessler said...

I really like those big dough bowls. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks for hosting the party.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Sounds like we are all in the painting mood! Guess the new year means time for change. Thanks for hosting!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Thanks so much for hosting your linky party. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Brandi said...

I love your thrifty finds, Linda! I to find a dough bowl too one day! Thank you for hosting!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Linda, love your dough bowl with all the wonderful goodies, especially that pocket watch! just linked up, xo!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

THanks so much for hosting Linda!

Jaime Costiglio said...

Thanks Linda for featuring my wood slice mirror, surprising how a few slices of nature can totally transform something.

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

Cool Finds and features! Thank you for hosting:-)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting. Lovely finds your posted today.

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for hosting. I am loving that vignette! Great features too. Looks like I have a few new blogs to visit.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

That candle holder is fantastic! Love the little tureen too -- don't need the handle! And also love the way you nested it in the dough bowl with the other treasures.

andrea@townandprairie said...

WOW, I love birds' nests, i actually have a collection of real ones. The candle holder is something I would've picked up, too! Too cute to pass up! Thank you for hosting, andrea@townandprairie

Sue said...

It looks as if you found some great buys! I love the bird's nest candle holder!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Thanks for hosting! Love visiting and seeing all the thrifty finds!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for hosting us!

I would love a great dough bowl! So hard to find on the cheap,though! Really like yours.

Have a great week.
Amanda

michelle said...

Love your treasures, the birds nests are so cute and I love the bowl!
I can't wait to see your kitchen, have fun!
xo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great pieces, Linda! I love the veggie bowl and the tureen!

Jemmmma said...

I want a dough bowl so bad. I'm jealous!

Maxwellhouseinteriors.Blogspot.Com

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love the pretty treasures in your dough bowl; just the inspiration I need to get mine up off the floor. Thanks so much for hosting Linda.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love that dough bowl vignette Linda. Thanks for hosting.

Chubby Chieque said...

I absolutely, loving all pieces. So pretty, specially the nesting candle holder.

STUNNING,
/chie

Donna said...

Linda, I adore all your ironstone pieces and what great finds! I have my grandmother's old dough bowl but I can't decide what I want to put in it. Love yours!
Hugs,
Donna
Oh and the wedding pics are gorgeous!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE that bowl Linda and that pretty nest candle holder too!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Great finds Linda! Thanks for having the party. It's always so inspiring.

Have a great day.
Pam

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What wonderful finds - love the dough bowl.

Great features too. Thank you for hosting this each week.
Penny

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your finds, Linda...especially the dough bowl! Great features! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for hosting and having me. Very nice features this week. I love dough bowls and you did yours great! So glad I have one, they sell them here in all sizes. Hugs and have a super week.
FABBY

Sherri said...

I love your dough bowl with all the things in it-just beautiful!!

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting!

Noble Vintage said...

thanks for the party reminder Linda! I appreciate all of your sweet comments over the weekend! :) Have a great week- thanks for hosting!!

Maria said...

What lovely thrifty finds! This is the first time I have stopped by your blog, but I will definitely be back!

Natalie said...

Hi Linda - Im your newest follower! Just love your blog. Joining up to your link party today too. Take care Natalie

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Hey Linda - just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of the Valentine package of wonderful goodies from Itsy Bits & Pieces!

Please email me at jasmasix@msn.com with your mailing address so Linda can ship them to you.

Congratulations!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

South Bay Studio said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Linda, I have your party button on my party page and I love the look of your blog. Kathi

Pamela said...

Thanx for hosting Linda! Hope your week is going well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hostessing - I've linked up two Valentine projects. Hugs ~ Mary

Rebekah Greiman said...

Happy Tuesday morning to you! I linked up tutorial on Pickling Jalapeno Peppers. It's pretty easy and the rewards are perfect when it comes time for nachos or chili! Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great week!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Curtains in My Tree said...

It was fun being here today thanks

frugal-interior-design said...

Hi Linda,

I was so excited to see my upcycled spring tea-light holder featured this week at Coastal Charm! Thank you so very much! It always feels good to get recognition. BTW, I really love that huge wooden dough bowl you found at an estate. Reminds me that I need to start checking out estate sales more often than I currently do.

Thanks again!!!

John

Tina said...

What great finds!

Thank you for hosting!

Have a great week.

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog :-) Happy new follower here and on Pinterest.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Linda, thanks for hosting and a huge thanks for featuring my Anthro bedding knockoff! Your daughter's wedding pictures are beautiful. Have a great day!

Creations By Cindy said...

Linda, as always your treasures are sweet!

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for hosting....hard to believe you are approaching party #100!!
Jane

cherry said...

Every time I stop by I get an itch to redo something.. I love your blog and all the wonderful things you share.. hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of inspiration here, Linda! I love your wonderful finds! Thanks so much for hosting~ I've linked up, too! Congrats on winning my giveaway over at Knick of Time...just shoot me an email with your info and I'll get the goodies right off to you!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

"Sinply" love your dough bowl!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

Faye said...

I'm late again but thanks so much for hosting!!!
Faye

d e l i g h t said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful week!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your thrifty treasures and your wonderful vignette. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Katalina Jewelry said...

Love those thrifty finds! I'm so glad I found your blog and will be following along - I'm a bit of a thrift junkie myself! Thanks for hosting the party!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love your dough bowl Linda. I have been on the lookout for one myself! And I also have a thing for tureens...love this.

Thanks for hosting!

Lou cinda

Unknown said...

Hi Linda~

Love your link party, it gives me the warm fuzzy's! Thanks for hosting.

Christina

Drop By & Visit {The Tattered Tag}

Bernadette @ b3hd said...

Oh goodness. I have close to the exact same tureen. Also an estate sale find but I think mine was $4. It's one of my fave finds ever.

I linked up a Vday gift DIY tutorial from one of the other finds I got out thrifting.

Have fun with it right?
One of your newest followers.

Bernadette @www.b3hd.blogspot.com

Ivy and Elephants said...

Fabulous features Linda! Thanks for hosting, I am all linked up.

Paula

The Tablescaper said...

Love your wintry vignettes. You've given me some great inspiration. I think putting away all of the Christmas decos took something out of me and I haven't redone for "winter". Thanks for the inspiration.

- The Tablescaper

Anne said...

What terrific finds! Nests, white tureens... faves!

Deana said...

Thanks for hosting, I love looking at everyone's treasures!

RuthSMac. said...

What a great finds! I love thrifty treasuries,I also got my first finds of the year at the local shops too :)

Diann said...

All wonderful treasures Linda! Lve the candleholder. I have the same small white tureen. I just used it the other day when friends came over. I used it to hold melted cheese for an impromptu fondue. Thank you for joining TTF and have a great weekend!

Ames said...

Wow! There's a lot to see over here. I stopping by from Diann's Thrifty Things Friday. Last year was my all white period. I found all kinds of white ironstone. I just love it. It's all very versatile. Ok, I guess I better go refill my coffee cup and get settled in the visit a bunch of blogs. ~Ames

Related Posts with Thumbnails