Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Open House

 The BIG day is finally here...are you all dressed up and ready for the party? I have been looking forward to this day for weeks now, so yes...I'm all dressed up and ready for some good ole fun! As I said at Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays earlier this week, I would have plenty of thrifty goodies and ideas to share with you...well let's look and see what I have up my sleeve. I discovered that I have way too much Christmas decor to share with you today, so I have decided to spread it out with another OPEN HOUSE next week on the 16th. I didn't want to overload you with 50 pics and I still have several trees and my outdoor decor still to come...so please be sure to come on back on the 16th and we will party some more! Thanks so much for coming today and with that said...let's get this party started. Nobody likes a Scrooge so please be sure to mingle with the other party goers and have a HOLLY JOLLY time!
                                                            Merry Christmas Y'all!!!!
                                                                        Linda 
                                 Santa says WELCOME...come on in and take a look around!
                                   I'm sooooo very happy that I found this handsome ole fella...he has
                                                       been MIA for the past three years!


                        Greenery that I purchased at the end of the season last year...think
                                                                it was 80% off!
                                           My milk glass vase was a garage sale find!!!
                             Remember these snowflake ornaments that I posted a few weeks ago?
                                         Well this is what I did with them...whatcha think?
                                   Here is my little $2.50 Target tree again...well worth every penny
                                                                 that I paid for her!
                                                  Always like to add a little bit of coastal feel
                                                                    to my decor!

                         So now here we are in my kitchen and just look at these cutie patooties!


                                 Meet BILLY BUTTONS...isn't he just the cutest thing ever?
                                 Found this RIBBON CANDY TREE at Big Lots last year...got it
                                    right out of the box while the employee was taking a break...I
                                                           know...I'm a real bad girl!
                          My family started collecting BILLY BUTTONS for me years ago...I even
                                           have ornaments...I will share some of them later on
                                                     when I do a post about my trees...so
                                                                      stay tuned!
       
                     More IKEA ornaments at 50% off...just used some fishing line and tied
                                    them to my IKEA light fixture...so very simple!
                                                         
                           Another thrifty garage sale treasure...50 cents and she was mine!
                                                  I wish you could see this one in person...he has
                                                                a little bounce in him!

                      I like to display our Christmas cards so all the family can enjoy reading them.
                                   Found this old jug in a thrift store in Auburn a few weeks ago
                                     for only $3.00...dressed her up with some magnolia and
                                                                bling and voila!!!
                                     Christmas cloche...I just had to have one so I could
                                         attend Marty's Christmas Cloche party...make
                                           sure to go by and check out her fun party!

                                           Here is my holly wreath from Ballards Backroom!
                                             I attached it to a bulletin board that I covered
                                         with green burlap...I'm really lovin' how it turned out.


                                       Red burlap bow...please excuse the coloring in this pic...not
                                                          sure why it looks so faded.

                                Hand painted Santa...only paid pennies for him...yes...he was
                                                        a garage sale find too!!!



Come party with me at...


Strut Your Stuff
Thrifty Thursday
Boring to Better
Christmas Tree Party
Show Off Your Stuff
White Wednesday
Show and Tell Friday
Frugal Friday
Flaunt It Friday
Holiday Bokeh Party
A Very Merry Holiday Home
Christmas Cloche Party
Feathered Nest...Holiday Time
Metamorphosis Monday
The Nester's Christmas Home Tours
Kelly's Korner

64 comments:

Candy @ The Little Round Table said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty! Can't wait to see the second installment next week.

Happy Holidays,
Candy

La said...

Everything looks so festive. I love your ribbon candy tree and your Billy Buttons collection is adorable. I'll be over in the morning once my post is published. La

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you today when I saw more Oregon Ducks clothing at the store :) Go Ducks!

OK, now that I've got that out of the way. Your decorations are so much fun! Love your home and thank you so much for hosting this fun party.

Teresa~ Gardening with Soule said...

all so pretty. this is so fun to see what others do for decorating.

The Charm of Home said...

Everything looks so good. It is looking a lot like Christmas at your house. I really like your holly wreath, very pretty!
Sherry

Vanessa said...

Hi Linda! Everything looks so fun and festive in your home and I am totally jealous that you have a Ballard's backroom! Thanks so much for hosting this party...I was so excited to join I linked up 2 different posts! :-)
Vanessa

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, Your home looks like you are ready for a party! Everything is so pretty and fun. I am looking forward to seeing more next week.
xo,
Sherry

bj said...

Everything looks just beautiful.
I am really lovin' the white Santa.:)
Thanks so much for hosting this fun event...

Lynn said...

Love it Linda! Everything is so festive-enjoy:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow! Everything looks so festive and bright! And of course you saved money on everything you have! That's the great part. I love your ribbon tree...is that real candy? Everything looks great!

I hope I can be in next weeks party! :-)

XO,
Jane

KimMalk said...

Everything is so pretty, Linda. I especially like the all white Santa and that vignette. Thanks for hosting!

Diann said...

Everything is looking just beautiful and so festive Linda!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your decorations! I agree thrifty finds are awesome. I need to get mine up and photographed. I am so behind this year!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I am not dressed up. In fact, I'm sitting here in my pj's but I sure enjoyed the tour! Hoping I can come join the party tomorrow. Thanks for hosting!

Anne said...

Thanks so much for hosting - I love seeing how everyone decorates for the holidays and getting new ideas! I really love the starfish that you used!

Unknown said...

Love your Christmas decor, everything is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Although all your decorations are pretty, I've loving the traditional red and green wreath and the way you decorated your mirror.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas you are having with all your pretty decorations!! Thank you for letting me join your party!

Anonymous said...

Your house look so Fun and Festive! Of course, I love the little white tree and Santa. The snowmen are my favorite... so cute! I have errr... like 50 snowmen. They were collected over the years so that makes it okay, haha!

I was so excited for this party! Thanks for hosting!

Happy Holidays!
Michelle

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Linda,
Your home looks very festive and pretty. I love your table arrangement with the little tree and the coastal touch you added! Thanks for the invite to the party and for hosting it.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much for joining my party with all your wonderful Christmas decor. It all looks so good and cheery. I almost bought that ribbon tree at Big Lots a couple of days ago. I need to join your party, too.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow!So many wonderful ideas!!! I can't wait to link up!!! Thanks for hosting.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love the ornaments hung over the window!!! That is brilliant!! Thanks for hosting!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Thanks for hosting a fun party Linda. All your Christmas decorations are beautiful! I love the burlap around the candles - so simple and pretty.

The Tablescaper said...

Love that white St. Nick. So glad you found him. How do these things disapear?

Thanks for hosting.

- The Tablescaper

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty. I love it all. Your Candy tree is just wonderful. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Blue Creek Home said...

Wow! There is so much to love - the snowflakes on the pearl garland, the white tree in the silver champagne bucket, the green board behind the wreath with the burlap bow, looove the shiny ribbon over the burlap bands on the candles, and the candy ribbon tree from Big Lots...too cute! But, I do need to warn you. At our Big Lots, in the area going into the rest rooms, hanging on a community board, is a 'mug shot' of you - and a warning that says "this woman will shop out of unpacked boxes if you turn your back for one second"!!! :)

**Caro won a ticket in the lottery and now we have to figure out what we are going to do. She can't go alone - we may send Alex just to be with her on the trip and give her a break too. Tickets are craaazy expensive! I hear some kids can't get teachers to excuse them...they should just make it okay across the board for students to attend this once in a life time game.

Thanks party girl!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the candy Christmas tree in the kitchen! I am going to head to Big Lots on the off chance they might still carry them. Beautiful job decorating for Christmas!

Heather@Gourmet Meals for Less

Donna said...

Linda,
You got some great deals! I love the snowmen and ribbon tree in your kitchen ... adorable! Everything is beautiful. Thank you for hosting.
Hugs,
Donna

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Linda, it's all beautiful! I'm joining your party too, there are so many in blogland this season. Love your white tree & all the bargains you've found. I've picked up a few myself at yardsales.

You have so many unique things, so pretty! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I love that we get to carry this party on longer.
Due to difficult times this year we are not having Christmas (the logistics don't work) so I am enjoying the online parties and gathering ideas for next year. I have memories of ribbon trees from my childhood. I may give a try to recreating the elegance of one of your all white displays.
The fun thing about blogging is seeing different traditions and how holidays are celebrated all over the world. Looking forward to seeing more!

very merry vintage style said...

I love a good party! Thanks for hosting--great stuff here!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I Love your cheery style! Thanks for the fun party! I can't imagine what you have left for next week! Jacqueline

GwendolynKay said...

Everything is charming and beautiful! I love the ornaments hanging in the window and the white santa is show stopping!
Gwenny

Erin said...

Linda, this is all so terrific!!! I am going to have lots and lots to look at for inspiration next year, better take notes!!!

Wendy said...

Linda,
Thank you for hosting such a fun party! Can't wait to visit and see everyone's decorations!
After seeing your white tree, I am thinking I need to add one! I love it. And the ribbon tree...cute! Thanks for sharing your home with us and Happy Holidays :)
Wendy

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

I'm on my sleigh and headed to your home--start cranking out those cookies!
HUGS,
~me

Shellbelle said...

How lovely and inviting your home looks all dressed up for Christmas! I love your Billy Buttons, I've never seen those before, but my favorite thing of all is the Ribbon Candy Tree. I can't believe you found it at Big Lots of all places. Reminds me of my childhood and the hard candy mom used to always put out.

I can't wait to see your trees next week! Holiday Hugs and Christmas Cheer coming to you and yours from Florida.

the cape on the corner said...

oh my goodness, i love your white/silver display with the milkglass and the snowflakes. just gorgeous. and i don't usually do red and green, but that ribbon tree looks so like candy...i could just lick it! is that weird?

Gail said...

Linda...what fun your home is for Christmas...I just love it! Thanks for sharing your home for Christmas with all of us. I really enjoyed my visit.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love the candy tree!! Merry Christmas!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I have just drooled over everything, and your Christmas cloche is just perfect. I so love it all. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Olive said...

Love Mr. Billie Buttons. He is too cute.

Elizabeth said...

Everything is beautiful! Thank you for inviting me to your party! I can't wait to visit with the other "guests":)

Karyn said...

Now that I have a chance to sit down and enjoy... I love your snowmen... Billy Buttons! I had to do a google search. He's wonderful! I'd love to have your collection. Can't wait to see more of him. I'm loving the Holly Wreath too! It's looks great the way you've displayed it. The ribbon tree from big lots is a great find! Looking forward to seeing your trees!

Karen

Unknown said...

I loved reading the background stories. Who doesn't love a great find?

Anonymous said...

Your home is so pretty decorated for Christmas. You have some cute things! Well done!
Now can I have some candy? :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Vicki said...

Hi, Linda! You have some really cute decorations! I want a taste of that ribbon tree! Talk about looks good enough to eat. Didn't know about the cloche party. Thanks for telling us! Appreciate you hosting. So many great ideas here.

Lamp Tramp said...

Hey Linda
Your home looks so beautiful with all your fabulous touches. I'm so behind this year so I only linked my front door. Thought you would appreciate the Gulf Coast theme. Thanks for hosting and inspiring me to be creative. I hope I to finish soon.

Unknown said...

I love that white Santa! He is darling! :) Lots of cute stuff. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas.

~Liz

Scribbler said...

Your house looks so festive! It's probably a great idea that you decided to do part 2 because I just did my mantel today. Tomorrow the tree!

deb said...

Your home is so cherry and festive!! Love your style of decorating. Thanks so much for hosting this party!
*hugs*Deb

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! Everyting looks so festive! I love all of the whites! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there Linda~ Joined in your party with a couple of posts~one also is for my Feathered Nest Holiday party- if that is not okay, go ahead and remove it. Thank you for hosting! :)

Lindy said...

I'm loving ALL your Christmas decorations. Just beautiful. I love all the green and white and all your more colorful things. It's so adorable!

Susan Freeman said...

I love everything ~ especially Billy Buttons and the Ribbon Candy Tree!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Chubby Chieque said...

What a welcoming home. So cozy & pretty.

Thank you for letting me come and and peek awhile at your beautiful home.

Happy party time...
/chie

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Thanks for hosting. You have a great display, love the coastal accents and the ikea ornaments and the candy tree...

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your table and mirror with all of the whites and snowflakes is absolutely gorgeous!!! I also love that plump little snowman. SO cute!
Thank you for hosting!

Nancy

Cathy said...

Love all your holiday decorations. Today is a very busy Holiday blogging day. Have fun and have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Holidays,

Cathy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love all of your decorations from the white and silver to the red and green and the goodies in your kitchen!!
What treats everything is to see!!

Hugs,
Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Sanctuary Home said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for inviting us to your holiday open house. It's so much fun to see everyone's decorations. Your home is so inviting, and filled with Christmas spirit. Please come by and visit me at my blog for some Holiday cheer. I have linked to yours, and I'm a new follower. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Blessings,
Susan

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the white vignette- it is so pretty! and i have a huge soft spot for pretty white trees!

Annie Joy said...

Running late, so I was just now visiting from Marty's Cloche party. I'm so happy I dropped by, because not only did I get to see your pretty cloche, but the first part of your beautiful tour! Too late to participate this week, but maybe I can make it on the 16th. Annie

Related Posts with Thumbnails