Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Open House Part 2

Welcome to my Christmas Open House...I'm so very happy that you are here...please excuse me for not having any yummy treats and some warm hot chocolate to serve you on this COLD winter day...silly me forgot! I have been so busy the past few days making weddings plans with my daughter, that I almost forgot about my own PARTY...how crazy is that? Well if you have ever planned a wedding then you know where I'm coming from...so many decisions need to be made ASAP...I have spent most of today making phone calls to photographers and reception sites. I have only purchased about 20% of the Christmas gifts that I need to get...don't have one gift wrapped and under the tree...this is so very strange for me...well I guess Christmas is going to be a little bit different for us this year, but it's all worth it! If you came by my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...THANK YOU...I'm so sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you...I sure hope you understand...hoping to steal some time this weekend for blogging...so if you see that I came by at 1:00am, don't be surprise. Mr.CC bought me a Christmas gift on BLACK FRIDAY and it came in today and I have been so busy, that I haven't had one minute to check it out. Want to know what it is? It's a Canon Rebel XS...yes I got a new camera...I sooooo needed one! Mary Claire loves photography, so she had a fun time playing around with it tonight. I will be sharing with you some of the pics that she made and some that I made last week with my other camera...I'm sure that you will be able to tell which ones were made with my REBEL. I can't wait till I have some free time so I can play with my own new toy, but until then I will let my baby girl have some fun! So now let's all open our doors and go mingle about...I'm sure you will be inspired with all the beautiful decor that you will see here, because I have some really talented friends that love to share their ideas here in blogland.
                                                         Hope y'all come back...real soon,
                                                                            Linda
                                                            Welcome and come on in!

                       This is the first time in twenty or more years, that I didn't have wreaths on my
                               windows...decided to go with a different look...I just added some
                                       red and silver balls, then added a big red bow to my
                                         window boxes...it's all about trying something new
                                                                         this year!

                                                        Here we are in the daytime!
                       Now don't look too close...you just might find me with NO make-up on
                                                   and that's not a pretty picture!
                                                               Simple and different!

                                               Gotta have some "COASTAL" touches!
                                                                     Our family tree!
                                       Thinking if I have the time after Christmas that I'm going
                                                 to purchase a new family tree...this one is
                                                          really old...maybe my daughter
                                                    and my future SIL will want this one!
                                         Isn't he the cutest thing ever? Mr.CC gave me about a dozen
                                                  of these adorable lighted bears years ago and
                                                                 it's just not Christmas at our
                                                                      house without them!

                                         Last week I shared some of my "BILLY BUTTONS"
                                             with you and this week, I'm sharing some of my
                                                         BB ornaments...I just love these
                                                                          little fellas!


                                                            He is the oldest of my crew!


                                                I will be adding some of these cuties to the
                                                      outside of packages...always love
                                                        giving a little ornament with my
                                                                            gifts!




                                                     Peppermint "BILLY BUTTONS"!

                                                     She had so much fun playing with mom's
                                                                          new toy!
                                  THANK YOU SWEETHEART...your mom LOVES YOU!

You can find me having a fun time at these parties!
Share the Decor
Show Off Your Stuff
Show and Tell
Southern In My Heart
Saturday Night Special

46 comments:

Loui♥ said...

thanks for the tour Linda..
I'm like you this year, behind on everything!
we've decided the lack of snow here in Denver is the culprit!! this afternoon should be the turning point.. forecast is calling for 6+ inches..
lovely post!!
thanks for sharing..
now I'm off to finish decorating the tree!!
warmest sandy hugs..
Loui♥

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, what a great gift! lucky you!

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Everything looks beautiful! ♥

Shellbelle said...

Oh, I'm still fascinated with your Billy Button collection, they are so cute! Everything looks so festive, I can't believe how much you accomplished with so much going on right now. Planning a wedding in the midst of Christmas? You are the Christmas Energizer Bunny!

My post today is my seashell tree from last year and what two of my Florida blogging friends have done. We do things very differently here, so I hope you don't mind if I link up and show your readers — Christmas Florida Style.

Merry Christmas and Holiday Hugs!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your beatiful tree decorations! I just joined your party...
Hugs,
Penny

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful Linda, you can tell the time and love you put into it all...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

rjerdee said...

Wow, Linda, it's full-out Christmas at your house! Just came over from Shellbelle's where she touted your Open House...Have a merry, merry bunch of holidays...it's not quite Christmas yet but it will be SOON!

becky (at beachsnaps)

Vanessa said...

Hi Linda! I'm so sorry I'm just now getting a chance to wish your family congratulations on your lovely daughter's engagement! It is such a blessing to feel confident in her choice of spouse and to know that he loves the Lord too! I love your home all dressed up for Christmas and your window boxes are fabulous. I covet window boxes! :-) Is this linky party for anything decorative? I want to link up but want to make sure I follow the rules. I'm a rule followin' kind of gal! :-)
Vanessa

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You will love your new camera! Fun photos of all those great ornaments. I have never heard of Billy Buttons but love them! Thanks for giving us another chance to share our decorations!

Unknown said...

You've a beautiful home & decor, Linda. Love the last pics ...
Have a lovely winter's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Anne said...

Thanks for hosting again! I LOVE those light up bears - too cute!

michelle said...

It all so looks beautiful and festive!!!

Wendy said...

Great changes! It looks so pretty with the bows and greens on the window boxes! Have fun with your new camera...love the picture of your daughter through the wreath...cute idea :)
Wendy

Sue said...

Love all the bright colors and those fun ornaments on the tree!! All that Billy Buttons stuff is adorable and those bear lights are just too cute. Have fun with the camera and thanks for hosting.
Merry, Merry! Sue

Linda Jackson said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for opening your home and heart to us. From one Linda to another Linda--Merry Christmas and congrats on the wedding!

Sandra said...

Congrats on your daughter's engagment and on the new camera. I would love clear photos on my blog posts.

Blue Creek Home said...

You crack me up. We all see you in those ornaments!!!
I hate it when I take a great photo and then I see ymyself in the mirror...or the Christmas ornament!!! I have to do some heavy duty retouch work!
I love that the family tree might go to daughter and new SIL for their first tree. Love all the Billy Button guys.
Rhonda

Lisa said...

I am loving your ornaments, they look like so much fun! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

deb said...

Great gift! Take a minute to at least look at it!! LOL
Gorgeous entry!
*hugs*Deb

Simple Daisy said...

Yes!! Love it all!
I have to know where you got that super cute little flag!
I'd love one like that for my pool area:)

Lynn said...

Your home is beautiful Linda! Lovin' the flamingo flag:@)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, your Christmas decorations outside look so good. I love the window boxes and the outside begs you to come on in and see more. Everything looks great and you have some darling ornaments.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Thanks for hosting!! I love your home and the traditional Christmas! Love the ornaments!

Melissa Miller said...

Thank you for the kind invite Linda. It's always fun to join a par-tay and yours looks like a good one. I see tons of inspiration here.

Your home is gorgeous! Love the welcoming entry outside. Very pretty tree too.

Happy Holidays! ~Melissa :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, I am also behind on my shopping and wrapping. I planned to finish up today and instead the roads are closed because of snow and ice! Your tree and all the decorations are beautiful. Thanks for joining my party and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
Sherry

Sue said...

Oh such pretty things!

I got married 3 days after Christmas...a big wedding. My mom almost went crazy that year. It was the first year we had steaks for Christmas dinner (we all liked it better and had a standing prime rib every year after that). Our tree was decorated in my wedding colors because there was a party after the reception at my house. I have no idea how she pulled it off and I never really appreciated how much work it was planning a wedding and trying to have Christmas at the same time until I was the mom!

Salmagundi said...

Love all of your pictures! Thanks for hosting the party - pure enjoyment. Sally

Mary said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for inviting me to join your party. Your home is beautiful! Love your BB ornaments. Especially the peppermint one...he's sooo cute! Thanks again for inviting me, and I wish you, your family, and your readers a very Merry Christmas!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hi Linda, thanks for hosting another great party. I love your tree and the ornaments. So cute. I got all my shopping and wrapping done, and the cards, but I feel a little stressed right now.

Hey Laurel NM said...

Love your Christmas Decorations!! Love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine the other day.
debi
atticroute66.com

Marlee said...

Linda, love those window boxes and all your precious ornaments! Thanks for hosting this awesome party. ~Marlee

Vanessa said...

Hi Linda! Just coming back by to link up to your party and to say thanks so much for linking up to mine! :-)
Merry Christmas!
Vanessa

My Cozy Casita said...

Hi Linda, thank you for linking on my blog and inviting me to join your party.Your home is so beautiful and your collection of Billy Buttons.
XO

Grace said...

Linda thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your Open House posts! So wonderful. It is so cold here and it warmed my heart to see such sunshine glistening on your decorations. Merry Christmas Grace xoox

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Great party!! Thanks for the invite & kind words when you stopped by my blog! Your entrance looks great - Love the black door and two small trees... and especially LOVE the simple clear glass ball with "S" initial!!! I am SOOOO going to do that for our tree!!! Thanks for the inspiration and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!!

:D Lynda

blessings said...

It's all so pretty. My camera is one of my most treasured items. Congratulations on getting a wonderful gift! Blessings... Polly

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
I really enjoyed the tour. Everything looks fantastic!
Sounds like you are having fun planning the wedding....keep us posted on the details.
Jane

Laura/Hayestone/Design Share said...

Hi Linda...nice to meet you. I've just joined the party! Thanks for hosting!...Laura

Polly said...

Hi Linda! Everything looks lovely! Thanks for coming by my blog and telling me about your Christmas Open House! I will definitely link up! I'm your newest follower as well! Not sure how, but I don't think I've been to your blog before!

merry merry!

Polly

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful tree...and all of your coastal touches! I wish I had made my post a little more open house so that I could take part today! I love all of the wonderful links! Hugs! ♥

Elizabeth said...

I hope to join your party today. But I had to leave you a message and tell you that I LOVE black doors and black shutters. I just think they are they THING I love most on a home and you have them! When my children and I look at houses (we do this for fun), I will always say, "That hosue would look even better if the shutters were black and it had a black door!" Ha.

Love the pictures. You are so creative!

mo said...

Hi Linda, Thank you for inviting me to your Open House! And what a beautiful, whimsical house you have. I love your ornaments and peppermint candies. Your pictures are awsome. *hugs*

junkgarden said...

Everything looks beautiful. I LOVE your entry! I can't wait to sit down and check out the rest of your blog. It looks great!

Ashley said...

How exciting to get a new camera! Your house looks beautiful, I love your tree. Thanks for stopping by.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Hi Linda - Thanks for reminding me to come over and join you party! Your home looks beautiful - I especially love your wreath outside with the red bulbs and Hope sign. So pretty!
Merry Christmas!
Alissa

Erin said...

Linda, love your decor indoors and out! I'd try to talk you out of that Santa ornament with the snow in it! If you forgive me not being a partier, then I'll overlook the hot chocolate and treats, lol! CONGRATS on that new camera!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails